Author Topic: SpaceX F9/Dragon 2 : CRS2 SpX-25 : KSC LC-39A : 15 July 2022 (00:44 UTC)  (Read 93228 times)

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
  • Arc to Arcturus, then Spike to Spica
  • Sometimes it feels like Trantor in the time of Hari Seldon
  • Liked: 7392
  • Likes Given: 72406
Re: SpaceX F9 / Dragon 2 : CRS2 SpX-25 : KSC LC-39A : June 2022
« Reply #60 on: 06/07/2022 10:53 am »
We're nearing the solstice.  When is the ISS beta-angle cutout?

Edit: Is this a parameter barring launch to NET June 28?
« Last Edit: 06/07/2022 06:01 pm by zubenelgenubi »
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.) My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!" Yes, there are God-given rights. Do you wish to gainsay the Declaration of Independence?

Offline cohberg

• Liked: 773
  • Likes Given: 53
twitter.com/cbs_spacenews/status/1534172137233301504
Quote from: William Harwood @cbs_spacenews
F9/CRS-25: But in this morning's daily planning conference aboard the ISS, mission control in Houston told the crew "the current SpaceX 25 launch date is no earlier than June 28"

twitter.com/Space_Station/status/1534285307201343489
Quote from: International Space Station @Space_Station
The Exp 67 crew studied hearing, radiation protection, and space botany today as @SpaceX targets NET June 28 for the launch of its Dragon cargo craft.
« Last Edit: 06/07/2022 10:40 pm by cohberg »

Online Orbiter

• Florida
  • Liked: 1548
  • Likes Given: 1385
Doing some rough math, a delay until June 28th would push the launch time to ~4-5am.
KSC Engineer, astronomer, rocket photographer.

Offline Ken the Bin

• US Pacific Time Zone
    • @kenthebin@spacey.space
  • Liked: 5136
  • Likes Given: 5539
As expected, I received an NGA cancelation notice.

Quote from: NGA
072223Z JUN 22
NAVAREA IV 542/22(11, 26).
WESTERN NORTH ATLANTIC.
FLORIDA.
CANCEL NAVAREA IV 533/22 AND THIS MSG,
OPERATIONS POSTPONED.

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Cross-post:
Launch Photography Viewing Guide
A Falcon 9 from pad 39A will launch the CRS-25 resupply mission to the ISS on June 28 at the earliest, around 3am EDT.
= ~07:00 UTC
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.) My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!" Yes, there are God-given rights. Do you wish to gainsay the Declaration of Independence?

Offline DanClemmensen

• Earth (currently)
  • Liked: 4316
  • Likes Given: 1757
OK, capsule C208 has a problem, not yet completely analyzed.

What is the status of the other active Cargo Dragon (C209)? It returned from the CRS-24 mission on 24 January. How long until it could fly again?

SpaceX is said to have another Cargo Dragon (maybe C213?) under construction. When can it fly?

Even if the problem is trivial, any problems with Cargo Dragon are particularly troublesome right now because of the limited availability of Cygnus.  Best case: It's really a non-problem. Worst case: (extremely low probability) Dragons are grounded for awhile. Mid-case: (low probability) C208 is grounded for awhile.
« Last Edit: 06/08/2022 03:05 am by DanClemmensen »

What is the status of the other active Cargo Dragon (C209)? It returned from the CRS-24 mission on 24 January. How long until it could fly again?

SpaceX is said to have another Cargo Dragon (maybe C213?) under construction. When can it fly?

Even if the problem is trivial, any problems with Cargo Dragon are particularly troublesome right now because of the limited availability of Cygnus.  Best case: It's really a non-problem. Worst case: (extremely low probability) Dragons are grounded for awhile. Mid-case: (low probability) C208 is grounded for awhile.
and maybe c211 also

Offline king1999

• F-Niner Fan
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Liked: 306
  • Likes Given: 1280

Likely a reuse issue as that thruster pod requires more refurbishment or replacement. On the positive side, they seem to have sensors to monitor these potential problems.

Offline Jim

• Night Gator
  • Cape Canaveral Spaceport
  • Liked: 21450
  • Likes Given: 428

Likely a reuse issue as that thruster pod requires more refurbishment or replacement. On the positive side, they seem to have sensors to monitor these potential problems.

All prop loading ops use (require) these sensors.  They are not on the vehicle but hand held and/or part of the facility.

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Cross-post; note two Falcon 9 launches from Florida on the same day.
SFN  Globalstar spare satellite to launch on SpaceX rocket this month, June 7
Here’s a snapshot of the Falcon 9 launch schedule for June, as of Tuesday [June 7]:

• June 8: Nilesat 301 from SLC-40 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida

• Mid-June: Globalstar FM15 from SLC-40 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida

• June 18: SARah 1 from SLC-4E at Vandenberg Space Force Base, California

• Mid-June: Starlink 4-19 from LC-39A at Kennedy Space Center, Florida

• June 28: CRS-25 from LC-39A at Kennedy Space Center, Florida

• June 28: SES 22 from SLC-40 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Florida
« Last Edit: 06/08/2022 08:37 pm by zubenelgenubi »

Online FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 81623
  • Likes Given: 36930
https://twitter.com/nasaspaceflight/status/1536472684636381187

CRS-25 Cargo Dragon to the ISS now NET July 11 after SpaceX was able to narrow down the source of the issue to a Draco thruster valve inlet joint.

NASA release:

NASA and SpaceX officials met today to discuss the initial findings from additional inspections and testing of the Dragon spacecraft after teams measured elevated vapor readings of mono-methyl hydrazine in an isolated region of the Dragon propulsion system. After offloading propellant from that region, SpaceX was able to narrow down the source of the issue to a Draco thruster valve inlet joint. Teams will now remove the specific hardware to replace it ahead of flight. NASA and SpaceX are now targeting no earlier than July 11 for launch of the CRS-25 cargo resupply mission to the International Space Station.
« Last Edit: 06/13/2022 10:20 pm by FutureSpaceTourist »

Offline alugobi

• Liked: 1590
  • Likes Given: 0
Well, blow me down.  I was sure it was the humidity. 

Offline Jim

• Night Gator
  • Cape Canaveral Spaceport
  • Liked: 21450
  • Likes Given: 428
Well, blow me down.  I was sure it was the humidity. 

humidity got into the joint

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Cross-post:
http://www.launchphotography.com/Launch_Viewing_Guide.html
A Falcon 9 from pad 39A will launch the CRS-25 resupply mission to the ISS on July 11 at the earliest, around 9-10pm EDT.  [June 13 update]
= ~01:00 to 02:00 July 12 UTC
« Last Edit: 06/24/2022 01:35 am by zubenelgenubi »

Cross-post:
A Falcon 9 from pad 39A will launch the CRS-25 resupply mission to the ISS on July 11 at the earliest, around 9-10pm EDT.  [June 13 update]
Updated 22nd
" A Falcon 9 from pad 39A will launch the CRS-25 resupply mission to the ISS on July TBA around 11pm EDT"
has the date changed?
« Last Edit: 06/24/2022 01:36 am by zubenelgenubi »

Offline Ken the Bin

• US Pacific Time Zone
    • @kenthebin@spacey.space
  • Liked: 5136
  • Likes Given: 5539
Cross-post:
Updated 22nd
" A Falcon 9 from pad 39A will launch the CRS-25 resupply mission to the ISS on July TBA around 11pm EDT"
has the date changed?
I noticed earlier today that the NASA Launch Schedule says:

No Earlier Than: July 10, 2022
Mission: NASA's SpaceX CRS-25 Cargo Resupply Mission to the International Space Station

... but I don't have a whole lot of faith in that schedule.
« Last Edit: 06/24/2022 01:36 am by zubenelgenubi »

Online scr00chy

• Czechia
    • ElonX.net
  • Liked: 1685
  • Likes Given: 1595
Cross-post:

https://nextspaceflight.com/launches/details/4753
CRS SpX-25
Launch Time
NET Jul 07, 2022  [June 23 update]

Looks like SpaceX was able to resolve the valve issue sooner than expected which enabled them to move the launch up.

It would also explain why Starlink 4-21 was delayed (LC-39A was needed for CRS-25 earlier than originally anticipated).
« Last Edit: 06/24/2022 01:38 am by zubenelgenubi »

Offline Alexphysics

• Spain
  • Liked: 5917
  • Likes Given: 945
I'll add that normally Ben Cooper puts the launches in order on his explanation for upcoming Falcon 9 launches and he has SES-22, then CRS-25, and then Starlink 4-21. I believe CRS-25 is going up early in the morning on the 7th while Starlink 4-21 is late in the afternoon so the separation in time is likely going to be well over 12 hours. Certainly doable by both SpaceX and Eastern Range but, as always, fate can be on the way and delay it with any sort of small glitch.

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
Rocket Launch Viewing Guide
A Falcon 9 from pad 39A will launch the CRS-25 resupply mission to the ISS on early July TBA around midnight EDT. [June 23 update]
= ~04:00 UTC

I'll add that normally Ben Cooper puts the launches in order on his explanation for upcoming Falcon 9 launches and he has SES-22, then CRS-25, and then Starlink 4-21. I believe CRS-25 is going up early in the morning on the 7th while Starlink 4-21 is late in the afternoon so the separation in time is likely going to be well over 12 hours. Certainly doable by both SpaceX and Eastern Range but, as always, fate can be on the way and delay it with any sort of small glitch.

Launch shortly after 04:00 UTC/midnight EDT on July 7?
« Last Edit: 06/24/2022 02:17 am by zubenelgenubi »

Offline crandles57

• Sychdyn
  • Liked: 431
  • Likes Given: 136

Ben Cooper has now (25 June version) reversed this order putting 4-21 first. No 7th just "July TBA" so on the order logic and what looks like a deliberate change, it is probably going to be later than 7th. (On 8th it would only be ~5.5 hours later than 4-21 which might be a bit close?)
« Last Edit: 06/26/2022 12:49 am by zubenelgenubi »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography