Author Topic: My trip to see Space Shuttle Discovery...  (Read 33442 times)

Offline clevelas

• Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: My trip to see Space Shuttle Discovery...
« Reply #20 on: 07/27/2016 08:40 pm »
I am thinking about flying out of Dulles.  Flights don't leave for the west coast until like 5:30, so I could get in a full day at Udvar-Hazy.  Other than I'd have to pack my luggage around.  Do airports still have lockers?

Offline e of pi

• Pittsburgh, PA
  • Liked: 297
  • Likes Given: 406
« Reply #21 on: 08/19/2016 12:04 pm »
I am thinking about flying out of Dulles.  Flights don't leave for the west coast until like 5:30, so I could get in a full day at Udvar-Hazy.  Other than I'd have to pack my luggage around.  Do airports still have lockers?
Don't know about the airport--you could always check your bag in the morning, then go to the museum with just your carry-on.

I had a late night layover at Dulles last weekend that was delayed in, and I ended up not flying out until evening the next day. So I went to Udvar-Hazy, and really enjoyed it. :)

Offline craigcocca

• Launches: STS-129, 131; Landings: STS-125, 128
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Liked: 48
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #22 on: 08/19/2016 12:57 pm »
When I did this, I got a cheap car rental for 20 bucks and just drove over with my luggage in the trunk. This also allowed me some additional flexibility at the end of the day by not having to worry about the last shuttle back from Udvar-Hazy to IAD.
-- Craig

"Why don't you fix your little problem and light this candle..."

Offline Tony Trout

• Murphy, North Carolina (USA)
  • Liked: 24
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #23 on: 08/25/2016 02:44 am »
To the OP:  Those are amazing photos!!!  I would love to see an exhibit like that but - being disabled, I don't think it's gonna happen, sadly.   :( :'(
"The Image Is One Thing & The Human Being Another...It's Very Hard To Live Up To An Image, I'll Put It That Way."  (Elvis Presley During A Press Conference Before The First Of Four Sold Out Performances At New York's Madison Square Garden - June 9 - 11, 1972)

Offline yg1968

• Liked: 7123
  • Likes Given: 3064
« Reply #24 on: 08/29/2016 09:13 pm »
I went to see Discovery last week. It's amazing to see how big the orbiter actually is. It's a lot larger than you expect. It was worth the trip.
« Last Edit: 08/29/2016 09:16 pm by yg1968 »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography