Author Topic: Iran's manned space capsule unveiled  (Read 26452 times)

Offline Soheil

• O_o
  • Tehran, I.R.IRAN
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 14
Iran's manned space capsule unveiled
« on: 02/17/2015 08:27 am »
Iran's manned space capsule unveiled

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Offline Soheil

• O_o
  • Tehran, I.R.IRAN
Re: Iran's manned space capsule unveiled
« Reply #1 on: 02/17/2015 08:55 am »
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Offline Soheil

• O_o
  • Tehran, I.R.IRAN
« Reply #2 on: 02/17/2015 08:59 am »

Offline Soheil

• O_o
  • Tehran, I.R.IRAN
« Reply #3 on: 02/17/2015 09:19 am »

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
  • Campo do Geręs - Portugal
  • Liked: 1969
  • Likes Given: 1156
« Reply #4 on: 02/17/2015 09:25 am »
Is there a designation for the capsule (or manned program)?

Offline Soheil

• O_o
  • Tehran, I.R.IRAN
« Reply #5 on: 02/17/2015 06:21 pm »

Offline Damon Hill

• Veteran
  • Auburn, WA
  • Liked: 112
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #6 on: 02/17/2015 06:47 pm »
What a difference 50+ years in electronics technology advancements make.  If this is a serious concept with some real technology development, there's a lot of empty space in there.

Wonder if North Korea will have anything to say?  Will that four-engine launcher need a more powerful second stage to orbit a manned capsule?

Offline Soheil

• O_o
  • Tehran, I.R.IRAN
« Reply #7 on: 02/17/2015 07:49 pm »
What a difference 50+ years in electronics technology advancements make.  If this is a serious concept with some real technology development, there's a lot of empty space in there.

Wonder if North Korea will have anything to say?  Will that four-engine launcher need a more powerful second stage to orbit a manned capsule?

They have a different program ...

Offline ThereIWas3

• Liked: 500
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #8 on: 02/17/2015 07:56 pm »
The hatch looks very insubstantial, with no visible latches and flimsy hinges.  I think this is a mockup.

Offline Soheil

• O_o
  • Tehran, I.R.IRAN
« Reply #9 on: 02/17/2015 08:09 pm »
The hatch looks very insubstantial, with no visible latches and flimsy hinges.  I think this is a mockup.

Congratulations !

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=11734.msg1332181#msg1332181

Online Zardar

• Limerick, Ireland
  • Liked: 130
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #10 on: 02/17/2015 08:11 pm »

Agreed, although the door looked far too 'square' to me to be a real pressure hatch.
I thought Aerospace learned the hard way 60 years ago not to make square windows in yer hull - someone send Iran the memo!

Offline RonM

• Atlanta, Georgia USA
  • Liked: 2231
  • Likes Given: 1584
« Reply #11 on: 02/17/2015 08:12 pm »
Hopefully our great nations can solve their political differences and welcome Iran to the family of spacefaring nations.

When does Iran think the capsule will be ready for launch, test or manned?

Offline whitelancer64

« Reply #12 on: 02/17/2015 08:27 pm »
How cute!! It reminds me of the tiny 1-person capsule from the anime Rocket Girls. I wonder if that's where they got their inspiration?
"One bit of advice: it is important to view knowledge as sort of a semantic tree -- make sure you understand the fundamental principles, ie the trunk and big branches, before you get into the leaves/details or there is nothing for them to hang on to." - Elon Musk
"There are lies, damned lies, and launch schedules." - Larry J

Offline Blackstar

• Veteran
  • Liked: 7827
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #13 on: 02/17/2015 09:11 pm »

Even if this is a serious program, that is a mockup, and early mockups often leave out a lot of details and don't look like final flight vehicles. Figure that if they go through with this, they will fill that space with stuff like survival gear, food lockers, etc.

Offline Danderman

• Extreme Veteran
  • Liked: 699
  • Likes Given: 723
« Reply #14 on: 02/17/2015 09:21 pm »
It looks to have an interior space about 50 cubic feet, about the same as Mercury, except its not loaded with any instruments or supplies.   The layout is more efficient than Soyuz, in the sense that Soyuz has more internal volume, but not where the crew sits (there is a lot of volume up by the hatch, but that can't be used during launch and landing).

This design provides more legroom during launch and landing, at the expense of floating around room during orbital flight.

A good comparison would be with Gemini, which had only 40 cubic feet per passenger, albeit in a "cleaner" environment than Mercury.

Offline InvalidAttitude

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #15 on: 02/17/2015 11:27 pm »
Is there a designation for the capsule (or manned program)?

In this article they mentioning it as E1.
« Last Edit: 02/17/2015 11:38 pm by InvalidAttitude »

Offline Damon Hill

• Veteran
  • Auburn, WA
  • Liked: 112
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #16 on: 02/18/2015 12:39 am »
It will be interesting to know what the flight weight, duration and maneuverability are planned.  There appears to be a separate reentry and systems module that has at least notional propellent tankage.  Certainly the avionics would be a vast improvement over Mercury/Vostok.   I wouldn't expect much more than a 24 hour flight duration, nor much need for extended duration since this is surely just for prestige and initial technology development.  Wonder how far Iran can afford to develop this?

Since Iran has worked with North Korea on launcher technology, I would not be the least surprised if NK is also on board with their version of this manned space craft, for the same prestige/propaganda goals.

If successful, it might inspire some other small national or independent group development, apart from the known Danish group (but that's just suborbital, isn't it?).

They'll need that 4 engine rocket, if not with strap-ons another big program.  Wonder what the project development timelines and goals are?

Separate question: what launch azimuths can Iran fly to from their known facilities?  I can imagine Pakistan and India might be antsy about overflights with ever-bigger rockets.

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
    • Steven Pietrobon's Space Archive
  • Liked: 32738
  • Likes Given: 8196
« Reply #17 on: 02/18/2015 03:19 am »
Iran will probably fly South East over the Indian ocean, to avoid any problems with stages falling on land.
Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Offline Soheil

• O_o
  • Tehran, I.R.IRAN
« Reply #18 on: 02/18/2015 06:40 am »
[/size]Iran's manned space capsule
New information : Diameter : 1.85m - Height : 2.3m - Weight : 1800kg ( Re-entry : 1000kg ) - Crew : 1 - 1:1 mock-up going to unveil tomorrow ...

It seems you guys don't read my posts !!!

They said before unveiling " We are going to unveil the full scale mockup "

:-\

This is damn clear we are looking at a mockup !

Isn't it !?
« Last Edit: 02/18/2015 06:41 am by Soheil »

Offline Soheil

• O_o
  • Tehran, I.R.IRAN
« Reply #19 on: 02/18/2015 07:20 am »
Hopefully our great nations can solve their political differences and welcome Iran to the family of spacefaring nations.

When does Iran think the capsule will be ready for launch, test or manned?

First unmanned flight planned for next year ... unmanned flights will continue until the capsule proves its safety ... then ...

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography