Author Topic: Can we detect BE-4 testing at Corn Ranch by public seismometer data?  (Read 4698 times)

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
    • Steven Pietrobon's Space Archive
  • Liked: 32868
  • Likes Given: 8346
The peakiness of the signals looks like random seismic events. I would expect an engine burn to be consistently high for at least one minute.

Perhaps someone can set up an acoustic telescope pointed at Corn Ranch? That should provide a more reliable measurement.

https://jpralves.net/post/2017/05/03/build-a-diy-spy-microphone-the-acoustic-telescope.html
« Last Edit: 02/06/2024 04:46 am by Steven Pietrobon »
Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Offline whitelancer64

The peakiness of the signals looks like random seismic events. I would expect an engine burn to be consistently high for at least one minute.

Perhaps someone can set up an acoustic telescope pointed at Corn Ranch? That should provide a more reliable measurement.

https://jpralves.net/post/2017/05/03/build-a-diy-spy-microphone-the-acoustic-telescope.html

Main problem with that idea is that there's probably not a good public access area with line-of-sight to the BE-4 test facility. For one, it's surrounded by hills, and Jeff Bezos purchased the 165,000 acres (670 square km / 257 square miles) around it.

I'm not actually sure what the boundaries of the property owned by Bezos are, surprisingly there's not a quickly googleable map of it.
"One bit of advice: it is important to view knowledge as sort of a semantic tree -- make sure you understand the fundamental principles, ie the trunk and big branches, before you get into the leaves/details or there is nothing for them to hang on to." - Elon Musk
"There are lies, damned lies, and launch schedules." - Larry J

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography