Author Topic: Blue Origin General Discussion Thread 5  (Read 46398 times)

Offline Robotbeat

• Minnesota
  • Liked: 25175
  • Likes Given: 12102
Re: Blue Origin General Discussion Thread 5
« Reply #160 on: 07/13/2023 04:54 pm »
The original discussion is about expectations of New Glenn working right out of the box not just for launch but for landing.

Thereís no reason to think it will, and thereís rumors that Blue themselves arenít even going to try to land the first flight or two but instead splash them. Which is good. Blueís problem has long been hubris and perfectionism. Expecting to expend early flights is a change for the better. As long as they can iterate beyond that.
Chris  Whoever loves correction loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

To the maximum extent practicable, the Federal Government shall plan missions to accommodate the space transportation services capabilities of United States commercial providers. US law http://goo.gl/YZYNt0

Offline Robotbeat

• Minnesota
  • Liked: 25175
  • Likes Given: 12102
« Reply #161 on: 07/13/2023 04:57 pm »
Actually, New Glenn has had a bunch of renderings and hardware spotted. Because itís too big to hide, and much of the work is being done in Florida where itís easy to spot stuff, unlike New Shepard which was done at an enormous private ranch in the more remote part of Texas.
Chris  Whoever loves correction loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

To the maximum extent practicable, the Federal Government shall plan missions to accommodate the space transportation services capabilities of United States commercial providers. US law http://goo.gl/YZYNt0

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
  • Arc to Arcturus, then Spike to Spica
  • Sometimes it feels like Trantor in the time of Hari Seldon
  • Liked: 7293
  • Likes Given: 70076
« Reply #162 on: 07/13/2023 08:39 pm »
Moderator:
Thread locked, for now, given several reports to moderators posted in less than 24 hours.

I'm busy elsewhere at the moment, but will return to examine posts made since the previous thread lock.

Other moderators are free to examine this thread in the meantime.

Edit:  I read every single post. 🙄 🤮 Thread trim ✨️ and choosing to keep the thread locked.  🔒

I also suggest NOT creating a thread 6 for several days.

<sarcasm>
Congratulations 🎊 👏 💐 🥳
</sarcasm>

I am also ticked off at the same usual suspects posting the same 🤡 💩 over and over and over, by those both vehemently pro and anti "My Favorite Talosian" and his merry band.

I don't administrate this forum.  I certainly would suggest "time outs" for for several of you, if I were asked.
« Last Edit: 07/13/2023 11:12 pm by zubenelgenubi »
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.) My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!" Yes, there are God-given rights. Do you wish to gainsay the Declaration of Independence?

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography