Author Topic: What if Blue goes Full Amazon?  (Read 10198 times)

Offline su27k

• Liked: 9100
  • Likes Given: 885
Re: What if Blue goes Full Amazon?
« Reply #20 on: 11/15/2019 02:18 am »
Ignoring the politics of it... Maybe there should be a wealth tax on billionaires so that Bezos stops slow-rolling Blue Origin and has to spend his money faster.

We're getting into dangerous territory here, but assuming Blue didn't mess up, then every dollar Bezos spent on Blue should return more than one dollar in the form of Blue's valuation increase. Since Bezos owns 100% of Blue this won't reduce Bezos' wealth, it would increase it, so I don't see how a wealth tax can motivate him to spend more on Blue, seems to me it would actually have the opposite effect.

Offline king1999

• F-Niner Fan
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Liked: 306
  • Likes Given: 1282
« Reply #21 on: 11/15/2019 11:38 pm »
Ignoring the politics of it... Maybe there should be a wealth tax on billionaires so that Bezos stops slow-rolling Blue Origin and has to spend his money faster.

We're getting into dangerous territory here, but assuming Blue didn't mess up, then every dollar Bezos spent on Blue should return more than one dollar in the form of Blue's valuation increase. Since Bezos owns 100% of Blue this won't reduce Bezos' wealth, it would increase it, so I don't see how a wealth tax can motivate him to spend more on Blue, seems to me it would actually have the opposite effect.
Don't think BO's value increased $1B per year lately.

Offline Eric Hedman

• The birthplace of the solid body electric guitar
  • Liked: 1964
  • Likes Given: 1156
« Reply #22 on: 11/16/2019 12:57 am »

I do.  If you look at the rather massive infrastructure they are building it has value.  The buildings, production equipment including a massive autoclave to make fairing sections, and their launch pad.  Add in the value of their engine IP and their launcher IP.  Their value is growing fairly steadily.  Just because they aren't launching yet, doesn't mean the value of what they have isn't growing.

Offline Lemurion

« Reply #23 on: 11/16/2019 02:34 am »

I do.  If you look at the rather massive infrastructure they are building it has value.  The buildings, production equipment including a massive autoclave to make fairing sections, and their launch pad.  Add in the value of their engine IP and their launcher IP.  Their value is growing fairly steadily.  Just because they aren't launching yet, doesn't mean the value of what they have isn't growing.

It’s not just the IP for the engines; Blue’s contracts also have value.

Offline ncb1397

• Liked: 2310
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #24 on: 11/16/2019 02:54 am »
Bezos has put maybe $4 billion into Blue Origin. Considering other valuations in the sector....

https://twitter.com/Firefly_Space/status/1193892987543048192

It doesn't seem that unreasonable to value the company around there.
« Last Edit: 11/16/2019 02:54 am by ncb1397 »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography