Author Topic: Great Opportunity for me! (Space/Launch Vehicle related)  (Read 991 times)

Offline TitanFan

• Vandenberg Village, CA
  • Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 0
I received the following e-mail from Vandenberg AFB's 30th Space Wing Media Relations department a couple weeks back, and I will now get to realize a life-long dream of mine:

Launch Photography

James,

I run the 30th Space Wing Media Relations (among other things) and also am the voice of our Facebook page. I see your photos and updates on there loyally every launch and other events. If I could get some background info on you would you be interested in coming out and taking pictures of base as a guest of ours with our media for the 23 February launch or the 12 April launch? Your thoughts?

Lt. Ann Blodzinski

I chose the Atlas V NROL-34 launch on 12 April as the one I want to photograph.  I was so shocked when I got this e-mail I couldn't believe it.  Just had to share, as I think it'll be an awesome experience!
TITAN...assured access to space.

Offline majormajor42

• Liked: 43
  • Likes Given: 221
Re: Great Opportunity for me! (Space/Launch Vehicle related)
« Reply #1 on: 02/25/2011 04:55 AM »
Well Done!
Have Fun!
Good Luck!

*don't forget to post some pics here when you are done
...water is life and it is out there, where we intend to go. I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man or machine on a body such as the Moon and harvest a cup of water for a human to drink or process into fuel for their craft.

Offline TitanFan

• Vandenberg Village, CA
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #2 on: 02/25/2011 05:57 AM »
Well Done!
Have Fun!
Good Luck!

*don't forget to post some pics here when you are done

I definitely will share pics of this experience...and there will be lots of pics! :)
TITAN...assured access to space.

Offline emarkay

• Regular
  • Southern Indiana, USA
    • Local personal site including link to 1960 Electra crash data.
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: 02/28/2011 08:48 PM »
You need to get one of these:
http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h2/

It records in real time with 4 microphones, for true DTS compatible surround sound. I have heard stereo recordings of launches, but not "quadraphonic" or with postprocessing,  5.1 Surround.

Drop them a line, maybe you can get one to evaluate?
Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.                                            W. von Braun, 1957

Tags: