Author Topic: UK TV Series Space Cadets  (Read 20345 times)

Offline UK Shuttle Clan

• Veteran
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
UK TV Series Space Cadets
« on: 11/25/2005 05:18 pm »
Channel 4 seem to be pimping the hell out of this. What's it about?

The trailers seem to be NASA based, with the Shuttle getting most of the trailers.

Offline Rocket Ronnie

• Regular
RE: UK TV Series Space Cadets
« Reply #1 on: 11/25/2005 05:24 pm »
Yeah, was wondering about that. Apparently it's running for like a week, every night at 9pm, and as you mention its being promoed ever time I stick Channel 4 on.

What I don't get is they have nice shots of the Shuttle (heading to the Moon  :o  ;) ) but always seem to have a strange ending, like the Orbiter bangs into the text of the promo, or the stars behind the astronaut flicker and shows a studio.

I don't get it.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #2 on: 11/25/2005 05:30 pm »
Well it's nothing to do with NASA and that shot of the Orbiter is a ripped off photo from when they transport them on the transporter to the VAB (you can tell if you look closely as the windows still have the black blinds on them) :)

I think this is a pretty poor attempt to copy the format of the US show "My big fat abnoxious boss" - where people think they are fighting it out for a massive prize, only to find it was a joke (ha ha, errrr, right, hilarious ;) )

Looks like Channel 4 are trying to compete with ITV 2 (the crack cocaine of television).

This is all I can find on the Channel 4 site.
http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/S/spacecadets/
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #3 on: 11/25/2005 09:54 pm »
Seems like they are pushing money at it. Johnny Vaughan is the presenter.
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline tommy

« Reply #4 on: 11/25/2005 10:49 pm »
I've heard what it's about now and you're all not going to find this amussing.

Channel 4 have paid the Russian Space Agency a load of cash to take some pre-selected winners to Russia to train over two years!! to ride on a Soyuz TMA to the ISS.

The show runs over 10 days which is edited from their time training.

The trick is once they launch, all of it apparently cleverly simulated, they get to the pretend ISS and open the hatch to the live show at the end of the series where it's actually a TV audience.

I don't know how it would work!

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #5 on: 11/25/2005 10:57 pm »
How the hell are they going to "simulate" the whole thing? Get a load of complete idiots who don't look out of windows?

Sure, taking the lack of knowledge into account, you could hoax them into a simulator, maybe. Just find the whole thing a very strange and more so pointless waste of TV.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #6 on: 11/25/2005 11:01 pm »
Also, I can't believe the Russians would allow this. A load of reality (or not reality as the case may be) people running around their training facilities.

I know $$$$ speak, but Channel 4 wouldn't of gone and spent millions on it. They don't have the same sort of cash as ITV and Sky.

Offline Rob in KC

• Liked: 66
  • Likes Given: 99
« Reply #7 on: 11/26/2005 12:07 am »
Well I thought I'd heard it all when it came to stupid TV, but this seems borderline idiotic. You guys in the UK will have to keep us up to date to see if this is as bad as it sounds.

Offline FransonUK

• Don't ya wish your spaceship was hot like me...don't ya
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: 11/26/2005 10:20 am »
Sounds like it belongs on Channel 5!
Don't ya wish your spaceship was hot like me

Offline t walker

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 11/26/2005 02:44 pm »
How would you feel if you trained for two years, launched and found out its a joke?

heres some more info:

most is filmed in a disused aircraft hanger in the UK,
the launch uses the shuttle from the clint eastwood flilm space cowboys
computer graphics are displayed through the shuttle windows

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #10 on: 11/26/2005 02:58 pm »
This gets more rediculous by the day.

At least that explains why they are using an orbiter in the promos....although we're really pushing the limits of how stupid these contestants must be, given they believe (as an actual real part of the lie) they are 'going to Russia - to fly a US Shuttle' - and then they could have maybe gotten away with a sim if they'd strapped them into the mid deck. Gambling with a simulator out of the window has got to be a give away!

Offline UK Shuttle Clan

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 11/26/2005 03:09 pm »
I'm really going to watch this now - sounds so stupid it has to be hilarious.

Offline t walker

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 11/26/2005 06:27 pm »
Anyone who works it out has the option to play along with the 'joke' by the way

Offline tommy

« Reply #13 on: 11/26/2005 06:50 pm »
Don't like the idea of this. Typical crap TV that we suffer a lot of in recent years.

Offline RedSky

• Veteran
  • Liked: 109
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #14 on: 11/26/2005 07:53 pm »
Chris Bergin - 26/11/2005  9:58 AM

This gets more rediculous by the day.

At least that explains why they are using an orbiter in the promos....although we're really pushing the limits of how stupid these contestants must be, given they believe (as an actual real part of the lie) they are 'going to Russia - to fly a US Shuttle' - and then they could have maybe gotten away with a sim if they'd strapped them into the mid deck.  Gambling with a simulator out of the window has got to be a give away!

"how stupid these contestants must be"....  not to mention clueless.  If they had any interest in this "mission" at all, they probably would have heard that the U.S. Shuttles are currently grounded for safety reasons, and may launch next spring at the earliest.  Or do they think they are going on Buran?  ;)

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #15 on: 11/26/2005 10:20 pm »
Maybe they think they are going on the British Shuttle Churchill :)

Offline nacnud

• Extreme Veteran
  • Liked: 981
  • Likes Given: 347
« Reply #16 on: 11/28/2005 11:01 am »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4442882.stm

This is just stupid :( but it would be fun to see it completely backfire on the first day. Seeing as it hasn't even been filmed yet surely the first thing anyone entering would do is google 'channel 4 space cadets' and blow the whole thing.

Offline RedSky

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 11/28/2005 03:50 pm »
Maybe this will turn out to be something like Punked or Fear Factor:  I can easily see the perversity (assuming the contestants REALLY believe they're on a spaceship) in having a simulated "accident"... I can even hear it now:  "Houston... we've had a problem".  During a routine small orbital correction burn... have a loud BANG sound aft, and create a shuddder/vibration through the simulator.  Then, have the "windows" fog up (due to venting whatever).  Then, tell the contestants they should say their prayers since either a) they'll run out of air in 15 minutes, or b). have only a 20% chance of safely performing an emergency reentry... and if they did, they'd have to ditch in the ocean and then, probably not survive.  Something like that.  If you're going to have such a stupid show, you might as well go all the way.

Offline Mark Max Q

• Going Supersonic
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #18 on: 11/28/2005 03:53 pm »
"A custom-built screen just outside the shuttle will attempt to provide the illusion of a view of Earth.

But producers will not have to recreate weightlessness because the contestants are to be told their orbit will take them to Near Space, not Deep Space, where they could experience the sensation."

How stupid :)

Offline Orbiter Obvious

• Extreme Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 11/28/2005 06:13 pm »
I wonder if there's a way to help out this show and cause it to have to cancel. Now that would be funny.

Offline nacnud

• Extreme Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 11/28/2005 09:22 pm »
probably, its in a hanger somewhere, shouldn't be too hard too find :)

Offline Stardust9906

• Global Moderator
  • Durham, UK
  • Liked: 57
  • Likes Given: 1369
« Reply #21 on: 11/29/2005 12:20 pm »
Mark Max Q - 28/11/2005  4:53 PM

"A custom-built screen just outside the shuttle will attempt to provide the illusion of a view of Earth.

But producers will not have to recreate weightlessness because the contestants are to be told their orbit will take them to Near Space, not Deep Space, where they could experience the sensation."

How stupid :)

I find it hard to believe that anyone would be fooled by that.  This show sounds like garbage.

Offline Terry Rocket

• Veteran
  • Birmingham, England
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #22 on: 11/30/2005 05:40 pm »
They just showed what will be their training modules of the ISS and they've thrown some serious money at it. They've also said they think they'll be training in Kazistan, so they've got that right.

Problem is............then the launch will be on a Shuttle??? I think most people know all Shuttles launch only in the US. A Soyuz TMA would be easier to hoax too for realism. Not a Hollywood Flight Deck of an Orbiter!

Offline Justin Space

• Extreme Veteran
  • England
  • Liked: 91
  • Likes Given: 293
« Reply #23 on: 11/30/2005 06:42 pm »
Everyone is hoping this show fails all the same. That'll teach them this was a subject not to be messed with.

Offline Rob in KC

• Liked: 66
  • Likes Given: 99
« Reply #24 on: 12/01/2005 01:39 am »
This seems like something y'all going to have to watch to report back on how bad it is!

Offline UK Shuttle Clan

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: 12/01/2005 01:35 pm »
You can view one of the trailers on here:

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/S/spacecadets/

Not the ones with the Shuttles though :(

Offline SimonShuttle

• Elite Veteran
  • Manchester, England
  • Liked: 44
  • Likes Given: 89
« Reply #26 on: 12/01/2005 03:02 pm »
Johnny Vaughan is great, but this show is going to be total crap and we know it. Crazy as I bet we'll all be watching it!

Offline RedSky

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: 12/01/2005 04:14 pm »
If this show is like most  U.S. reality-type shows, then it probably has already been shot and is "in the can" as they say.  They surely wouldn't devote all the promo's and 5 nights of scheduled air time unless they already know there is something to  show (i.e., that it didn't "bomb" and have the contestants know its all a joke the first hour.)  I can't see how it could be "live", since even if they were in Kasakstan "training" for launch these past few weeks, I doubt they are "incommunicado" with friends and relatives back home, who certainly would have seen the commercials and would tip them off.

Offline FransonUK

« Reply #28 on: 12/01/2005 04:24 pm »
Yeah, it's a good point.

All this reality stuff started with Big Brother in Holland - which was low budget, but pulled in the punters. Then the UK bought it and threw money at it, sold it around the world, as we've done with I'm a Celebrity, get my out of here. It's all the same UK company that did Millionaire etc.

I think cause they've set up a schedule in case it all goes wrong and they work it out, they are doing it live as such, but have them hidden away for a month previous, like Big Brother, so they can't be tipped off my family and friends.

Offline RedSky

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: 12/02/2005 01:53 pm »
The more I read and hear about this show, the more implausible it seems to be able to pull off the hoax.  Does anyone know how many "contestants" there will be?  Are they all supposed to be on the "flight", or only a "winner" after a sort of space training survivor type setup?  

Are there five contestants (shuttle typically holds 7, so that's 2 pilots and then 5 "passenger contestants")?  The KSC visitor's center has a full scale orbiter mockup where you can see the flight deck and mid-deck. They are surprisingly small and cramped.  What makes things OK for 7 people is that zero-G allows for much more usable volume for all those people.  In "Near Space" with gravity  ;)  there's not a lot of room for everyone to be standing just on the "floor".  Also,  the show is what?, one hour a night for 5 nights?  I can't believe they would stay in the small "simulator" a full 5 days at 1-G.  

Without knowing anything about this, (being in the U.S.), I feel this is the most likely thing:  The first 3 nights will be pre-taped segments on the training... one episode is "survival training" (astronauts always used to go through this in case they landed in a remote region)... the next night... getting G-forces riding on the centerfuge, the next night, experiencing weightlessness in a plane flying parabolas over and over (i.e., vomit comet style... just in case they overshoot "Near Space" into outer space and get some weightlessness!!). Then, the fourth night, suiting up practice, (maybe live) learning to breathe in a space suit and not get claustrophobic, preparing for the next day's launch, live interviews with the contestants on their fears, feelings, etc.  Finally, on the last night a 3-hour live episode of the launch and a 2-orbit "mission".  That's how I can envision such a show.  Remember, if its "live" in the UK during prime time, that's what? ,  3 am at the launch site?

In fact, it'd be much more do-able if one person were eliminated during each training session, so that at the launch, there is only one "winner", and they are the only contestant in the extra "passenger seat" of a Soyuz.  This scheme was actually a real planned show in the US by the NBC network.  It didn't happen, but it was to be called "Survivor: Space".  The contestants would all go through the Russian training, someone would be eliminated at the end of each specific session.  At the end, on launch day, there'd be only two remaining contestants that would prepare for launch.  Then one final "winner" would be picked, and actually be on a real Soyuz taxi launch (NBC would have picked up the $20 million fare, since they could make a lot more money from 5 nights of advertisments).

Anyway, you folks in the UK will just have to watch and tell us what its all about!

Offline publiusr

• Elite Veteran
« Reply #30 on: 12/02/2005 04:33 pm »
It would probably take an HLLV just to lob their set and equipment into space for it to be real. ;)

Offline FransonUK

« Reply #31 on: 12/02/2005 04:37 pm »
They say it's costing 15m quid to do the show, with a full scale ISS copy in the hanger for training and the Space Cowboys Orbiter flight deck for the launch. The launch will be for the two winners (one will be an embedded actor) and apparently they will be using "suggestion" to help make it realist for the winner (Hypotism?)

Apparently the background checks have been done to see if they know bugger all about space flight (good job).

They keep stressing it might all go wrong and Channel 4 have an alternate schedule if it becomes farcical. Sounds like a big gamble. Not sure what the US version of Channel 4 would be?

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #32 on: 12/02/2005 04:41 pm »
The way it would work is:

UK BBC - US ABC
UK ITV - US NBC
UK SKY - US FOX
UK Channel 4 - US CBS
UK Channel 5 - US, errmm, do you have a channel that shows nothing but chat shows during daytime and low budget risky films at night? ;)

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #33 on: 12/04/2005 01:15 am »
http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/spectrum.cfm?id=2335272005 - was shocked it was "TV Choice" for next week, but the write up does make a mockery of it.

Offline Andy L

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: 12/04/2005 01:58 am »
Well I hope it fails badly.

Offline Justin Space

• Extreme Veteran
  • England
« Reply #35 on: 12/04/2005 03:51 pm »
Entertainment now, on E4 or Sky, can't remember, are running a competition to try and break the farce by way of infultrating the recording of the series. A bit like when they flew a plane with a banner over the Big Brother house giving away who was the gay bloke trying to act like he wasn't.

Offline FransonUK

« Reply #36 on: 12/04/2005 03:53 pm »
That's on E4 or More 4. Will have to look out for it.

Offline Mark Max Q

• Going Supersonic
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #37 on: 12/05/2005 12:50 pm »
With it being so farcical, and the UK public being mainly bored with this sort of "ha ha, so funny, for a minute and that was it" people, how does the channel think it'll be worth the money they've spent. The UK public won't watch crap, I'm sure.

Offline FransonUK

« Reply #38 on: 12/05/2005 12:53 pm »
Mark Max Q - 5/12/2005  7:50 AM

With it being so farcical, and the UK public being mainly bored with this sort of "ha ha, so funny, for a minute and that was it" people, how does the channel think it'll be worth the money they've spent. The UK public won't watch crap, I'm sure.

When the biggest shows on UK TV right now are:

I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of here.
X Factor (the next Pop Idol, or American Idol)
East Enders (Depressing London based soap)
Coronation Street (Depressing Manchester based soap)

Then you don't know us that well :)

(Not including) Little Britain (huge, the new Monty Phython type show).

Offline nacnud

• Extreme Veteran
« Reply #39 on: 12/05/2005 01:11 pm »
 I don't think I've ever watched a single show of any of those! Can I still call myself British :)

Offline FransonUK

« Reply #40 on: 12/06/2005 12:11 pm »
nacnud - 5/12/2005  8:11 AM

I don't think I've ever watched a single show of any of those! Can I still call myself British :)

You've never watched the X Factor!!  :o  Oh Nacnud, you don't know what you're missing ;)

Offline nacnud

• Extreme Veteran
« Reply #41 on: 12/06/2005 02:09 pm »
Is it really that bad! *Shudder*

Offline SimonShuttle

• Elite Veteran
  • Manchester, England
« Reply #42 on: 12/07/2005 03:40 pm »
Well it all starts tonight and they are pushing it like crazy. Will report back afterwards.

Offline FransonUK

« Reply #43 on: 12/07/2005 05:00 pm »
Huzzah for Colin Pillinger!

He was on the TV jsut now, asked if the contestants would be able to spot it was all a hoax.

He listed off 101 things!! "Errr, Space Shuttles are US and launch from Florida, anyone who's been to Florida on Holiday should know that, and went off on one from there."

They showed the clip of the contestants arriving after being flown to Russia (actually around the UK at night) and they look like fools.

Mainly women, open mouthed at a Russian Officer speaking Russian, like they are dumb enough to not even sit still and look respectful.

One of them looks very fat too! As if they'd be allowed on a damn space flight!

However, the Kazakstan base looks like they've spent loads on it, looked very realist on the short clip.

Offline SimonShuttle

• Elite Veteran
  • Manchester, England
« Reply #44 on: 12/07/2005 06:08 pm »
Damn, missed that. I'm going to have to be strapped in for this show.

Offline SimonShuttle

• Elite Veteran
  • Manchester, England
« Reply #45 on: 12/07/2005 08:16 pm »
10 mins in and they've converted a military base of 3 sq miles into Star City, Russia.

Making no excuses that they've got dizzy idiots for the show so as to ensure they don't have a clue about space flight.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #46 on: 12/07/2005 08:21 pm »
I'm making an attempt to record it on a PC format. They are really not trying to say they're doing anything more than fooling people.

Offline SimonShuttle

• Elite Veteran
  • Manchester, England
« Reply #47 on: 12/07/2005 08:35 pm »
This is actually a really fun show. They've got the Orbiter flight deck right.

Offline Terry Rocket

• Veteran
  • Birmingham, England
« Reply #48 on: 12/07/2005 09:18 pm »
Hmmmm.

Contestants: Idiots, but had to be.

Star City replica: Where the money's been spent, need to see more of it yet, but they've done all they can.

Space Shuttle: Simulator, jury out.

Placing in real facts of real space flight, pretty good.

Offline ADC9

• Veteran
  • France
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #49 on: 12/08/2005 12:30 am »
Just takes one slip. If they think they are in Russia, then everything better be Russian that they come into contact with. Although if its a US Shuttle, then what's the point, they'll not know much if they think they launch Shuttles from Russia.

Offline British NASA

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: 12/08/2005 07:00 am »
Actually enjoyed it. It was a lot better than I feared. I'm going to enjoy those very gullable contestents being conned, but they do, more so in the E4 show, explain what would really be the case, so it's going to increase real interest in NASA and space travel.

Offline Terry Rocket

• Veteran
  • Birmingham, England
« Reply #51 on: 12/08/2005 02:42 pm »
Would have loved a real version to be honest.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #52 on: 12/08/2005 03:00 pm »
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1003&posts=1 - Putting the first episode on the video section. Chopped it into parts inbetween the ads to make it smaller files.

Offline British NASA

• Veteran
« Reply #53 on: 12/08/2005 05:19 pm »
Wonder what the Americans make of Johnny Vaughan. Noticed they did pay good homage to Star City and also when they were going around the Russian market for goods to make the place seem real, they saw a pin with the Buran on it.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #54 on: 12/08/2005 07:41 pm »
The full program from last night is now on, with screen shots (including the Buran pin - got to be rare). Will look to do the same if they get to the launch without working out it's a con.

Offline SimonShuttle

• Elite Veteran
  • Manchester, England
« Reply #55 on: 12/08/2005 08:39 pm »
You have to say that segment just on where they took them into the Russian Base was brilliantly done. Anik would be proud on how they did it.

Using real Russians was a great move.

Offline SimonShuttle

• Elite Veteran
  • Manchester, England
« Reply #56 on: 12/08/2005 09:09 pm »
Ah right, so the Shuttle Simulator is just to help with the ascent. They've now said it won't launch like a Space Shuttle and s called Orbiter 1. So they've got around the "What's a US Shuttle doing in Russia" with it being a SpaceShipOne type ship.

Offline Justin Space

• Extreme Veteran
  • England
« Reply #57 on: 12/08/2005 09:37 pm »
What a letdown on the E4 show when they said Shuttles are grounded till 2008 and had Marcus Allen on doing his usual "Man didn't go to the Moon".  :(

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #58 on: 12/08/2005 09:47 pm »
I've mailed the show and "informed" them of the correct information.

Offline SimonShuttle

• Elite Veteran
  • Manchester, England
« Reply #59 on: 12/10/2005 09:20 am »
The show is just getting stupid now. Last night was the worst one simply for being all about telling them false facts and then seeing if they realise it. Boring.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #60 on: 12/10/2005 04:18 pm »
There's a small bonus that on the message board of the Channel 4 site there's a couple of very knowledgable posters who are correcting people on the correct information about Shuttles.

Tried to post there myself, but they don't seem to want to approve someone with nasa in their e-mail ;)

Offline British NASA

• Veteran
« Reply #61 on: 12/10/2005 08:32 pm »
Episode 4 and one of the "Shuttle" pilots is apparently a veteran of STS-40, STS-120 and STS-206 Mwhahaahaaha, morons.

Offline nacnud

• Extreme Veteran
« Reply #62 on: 12/10/2005 10:16 pm »
I just registered at C4...

*sound of knuckles cracking*

Bring it on :)

Offline FransonUK

« Reply #63 on: 12/10/2005 10:35 pm »
Send them over here (the ones who apparently know their stuff.)

Offline nacnud

• Extreme Veteran
« Reply #64 on: 12/10/2005 10:37 pm »
Will do :)

Offline Rocket Ronnie

• Regular
« Reply #65 on: 12/12/2005 07:53 pm »
Well, they are doing the launch tonight in 15 mins, live. This is going to be interesting how they manage it ;)

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/S/spacecadets/news/story.jsp?id=206

Hilarity, but they do mention SRBs and OMS ;)

Offline FransonUK

« Reply #66 on: 12/12/2005 08:55 pm »
It's not bad, they are doing what they can to make it as real as possible, despite obvious things they can't do.

Are you taping it for the video section Chris?

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #67 on: 12/12/2005 09:12 pm »
Yep - hilarity.

Offline British NASA

• Veteran
« Reply #68 on: 12/12/2005 09:23 pm »
Funny as hell. The Americans are going to love this.

Offline STS Tony

• Extreme Veteran
  • Los Angeles
  • Liked: 53
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #69 on: 12/12/2005 10:49 pm »
I'm looking forward to this, if it's as bad as it sounds.

Offline Justin Space

• Extreme Veteran
  • England
« Reply #70 on: 12/14/2005 02:24 pm »
Well they are still in "Orbit" and seem to full believe they are on a Shuttle.

I did feel sorry for them when they allowed them to look out of the flight deck window to see the Earth, which was basically a supersized movie screen with three times the HD than normal. It did look very realistic.

Their reactions were just as you'd expect from anyone in that situation. That is where I think the show now feels they've gone from funny to cruel.

It's becoming a good advert for space flight.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #71 on: 12/14/2005 02:54 pm »
Their reactions to seeing the curvature of the Earth was - for me - the most realist thing about this show.

I think that's going to hurt the most.

Offline whitecrowuk

« Reply #72 on: 12/16/2005 09:50 pm »
Have to say I'd have loved to have gone into the simulator.

Thing is all the soul searching they did "because they were in space" is still equally valid, even though they were down on Earth.  They did get to look out at the Earth, which must have been an amazing experience - those things in Imax are absolutely breathtaking.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #73 on: 12/17/2005 03:14 pm »
I'm yet to see the ending - but taped it. Do I need to be strapped in for this finale? ;)

Welcome to the site, White.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #74 on: 12/17/2005 07:50 pm »
Well, now seen most of the finale. Not really sure what to think of it overall, but they at least let down the contestants gently.

The presenter Johnny Vaughan at least showed he's got more awareness than I had assumed, having heard a live speech from Buzz Aldrin visiting at his school - and giving praise to the bravery (even though a hoax) of the three finalists, given the risk of the real Shuttle missions.

Still, missed opportunities - especially on the E4 show.

Offline STS Tony

• Extreme Veteran
  • Los Angeles
  • Liked: 53
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #75 on: 12/17/2005 11:56 pm »
I've seen some of the UK news reports on the net and I can tell you now this would be pretty crap if it came to the US.

Most people know the basics of space travel.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography