Author Topic: Poll: Forum Section Additions  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Chris Bergin

Poll: Forum Section Additions
« on: 11/15/2005 08:58 am »
Ok, to carry on from the forum re-alignment, I want to give you all the option of adding sections now we have the space.

The poll is set up so you can add your prefered sections for the vote. No limits, I'll just add the ones which get some decent votes.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline SimonShuttle

• Elite Veteran
  • Manchester, England
  • Liked: 44
  • Likes Given: 89
RE: Poll: Forum Section Additions
« Reply #1 on: 11/15/2005 09:21 am »
Got everything I need. I like the tidy up and it does give space for some more threads. Too many times you see forums that go own a page for half a mile.

Offline Justin Space

• Extreme Veteran
  • England
  • Liked: 91
  • Likes Given: 293
« Reply #2 on: 11/15/2005 09:37 am »
Hi, I joined today, great site!

The Future of Space Exploration would be a good section, where we can look into the future, and way into the future. Where we can go out of our solar system and do some real exploring.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #3 on: 11/15/2005 09:43 am »
Welcome to the site, Justin. Thanks for starting off the suggestions. Obviously I will be adding some sections, so if "happy with the site" wins the vote it will mean I'll still add sections.
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline tommy

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: 11/15/2005 09:51 am »
Welcome Justin.

Don't have many suggestions, just that it looks a lot better now than it did yesterday. It's a lot tighter.

Offline UK Shuttle Clan

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 11/15/2005 09:56 am »
Someone brought it up on the other forum suggestion thread about a History section, so while the name of it could be anything suggested, I do like the idea of a Space Flight History thread if possible.

Offline CuddlyRocket

« Reply #6 on: 11/15/2005 12:17 pm »
I voted for both the 'Future' and 'Historical' sections, although by 'Future' I'm thinking of the distant future, not the near-term stuff in development (like the CEV). It would be good for new technology (like the space elevator etc), which you might want to mention in the sub-title.

Offline SRBseparama

« Reply #7 on: 11/15/2005 10:22 pm »
Looking very tidy!

Offline newsartist

« Reply #8 on: 11/16/2005 01:03 am »
I mentioned this in passing on the other thread, but to expand on it here:

I would like to see a section that would be useful to the several of us here who build scale models of REAL, non-fictional spacecraft.

Discussion could then ensue with the goal of trading knowledge, of dimensions, details and such, of existing craft and the latest on "in work" items, (think CEV here.)

While those of us doing the scratchbuilding now are pretty far up the learning pole, it could also be a wedge to get younger people interested in the real subject. That is how I got interested when following Project Mercury, and I have been hooked ever since.

Offline t walker

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 11/16/2005 07:46 pm »
I would like a history section because I would love to talk about skylab, mir and apollo-soyuz. I know it sounds odd but i also think we should have a might-have been forum, because there is a lot of interest in might have beens like a full buran programme or apollo 18, or mercury-atlas 7.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #10 on: 11/18/2005 11:15 am »
Ok, History thread it is. Please give me an idea of a title and an abstract to describe the section.

Offline CuddlyRocket

« Reply #11 on: 11/20/2005 01:56 pm »
Historical spaceflight
Missions that were, or now never will be.

Basically for discussion of past missions like Apollo or Mir, Viking or Lunokhod, or for proposed missions that never got their place in the sun  - like the Venturestar. Not for the history of a current mission.

One ongoing question would be: when does a mission become historical, so that threads would be moved to this forum.  Presumably not before they've finished. But eventually everything will be - the Shuttle sometime after 2010 for instance.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #12 on: 11/22/2005 10:31 am »
Thanks CR - that helps a lot. I'll add it today. I'll be relying on you guys that asked for it to fill it up initially...and I'll move a few things like Buran and VentureStar threads into it.

Offline Space101

• Leeds, England
« Reply #13 on: 11/26/2005 10:30 am »
Seen as those who asked for a historical section aren't using it much, I would add future space flight to the same section and see how that gets them all going :)
Let's go and explore space.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #14 on: 11/26/2005 11:42 am »
Not a bad idea! Seems pretty natural for that section - and it would help justify it being high up the section (if it's not going to be very active, I'll move it down.)

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography