Author Topic: Iranian launch schedule  (Read 187241 times)

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
    • Steven Pietrobon's Space Archive
  • Liked: 32735
  • Likes Given: 8178
Re: Iranian launch schedule
« Reply #20 on: 09/18/2013 05:02 am »
I think Soheil is correct. Kavoshgar 5 uses a Class C solid fueled launcher, based on the Zelzal missile. Photos indicate a failed Kavoshgar 5 launch on 8 September 2012, but clearly using a Class C launcher.
« Last Edit: 09/18/2013 05:04 am by Steven Pietrobon »
Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Offline Soheil

• O_o
  • Tehran, I.R.IRAN
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 14
Re: Iranian launch shedule
« Reply #21 on: 10/07/2013 08:06 pm »

Completed launches

Date - Satellite(s) - Rocket - Launch Site - Time (UTC)

2008.08.17 - (?) - Safir-1 - Semnan - test
2009.02.02 - Omid - Safir-1 (2) - Semnan - 18:34
2011.06.15 - Rasad - Safir-1A - Semnan - 9:15:03
2012.02.03 - Navid Elm-o-Sana't - Safir-1B - Semnan - 00:04
2012.05.23 - Fajr #1 - Safir-1B - Semnan - launch failure
2012.09.22 - Fajr #2 - Safir-1B - Semnan - launch failure
2013.02.17-18 - Fajr #3 - Safir-1B - Semnan - launch failure ( the payload injected too early )

Planned launches

NET 2nd quarter - Tadbir - Safir-1B - Semnan

TBD - Sharif - Safir-1B - Semnan
TBD - Fajr - Safir-1B - Semnan
TBD - Nahid - Safir-1B - Semnan
TBD - Tolou - Simorgh - Semnan
TBD - Zafar - Simorgh - Semnan
TBD - AutSat (A Test, Amir Kabir-1, RU300) - Simorgh - Semnan
TBD - Mesbah-2 - Simorgh - Semnan

TBD - Pars 2 - TBD - TBD
2015 - IranSat 1 - Simorgh - Semnan

2016 - Pars sepehr - Safir-3A (Qoqnoos/Sepehr) - TBD

TBD - IranSat 2 - Safir-3A (Qoqnoos/Sepehr) - TBD

TBD - IranSat 3 - Safir-3B (?) (Sarir)  - chabahar
TBD - manned launch (suborbital) - TBD - chabahar

Unclear:
TBD - Masud 2 & Rasad 2 - Simorgh - Semnan
TBD - Ayaat - TBD - TBD
TBD - Saar - TBD - TBD
2019-2024 - manned launch (orbital) - TBD - chabahar

Last update : 2013.10.07
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Offline Soheil

• O_o
  • Tehran, I.R.IRAN
Re: Iranian launch shedule
« Reply #22 on: 11/01/2013 03:10 pm »

Completed launches

2008.08.17 - (?) - Safir-1 - Semnan - test
2009.02.02 - Omid - Safir-1 (2) - Semnan - 18:34
2011.06.15 - Rasad - Safir-1A - Semnan - 9:15:03
2012.02.03 - Navid Elm-o-Sana't - Safir-1B - Semnan - 00:04
2012.05.23 - Fajr #1 - Safir-1B - Semnan - launch failure
2012.09.22 - Fajr #2 - Safir-1B - Semnan - launch failure
2013.02.17-18 - Fajr #3 - Safir-1B - Semnan - launch failure ( the payload injected too early )

Planned launches

NET 2nd quarter - Sharif - Safir-1B - Semnan

TBD - Tadbir - Safir-1B - Semnan
TBD - Fajr - Safir-1B - Semnan
TBD - Nahid - Safir-1B - Semnan
TBD - Tolou - Simorgh - Semnan
TBD - Zafar - Simorgh - Semnan
TBD - AutSat (A Test, Amir Kabir-1, RU300) - Simorgh - Semnan
TBD - Mesbah-2 - Simorgh - Semnan

TBD - Pars 2 - TBD - TBD
2015 - IranSat 1 - Simorgh - Semnan

2016 - Pars sepehr - Safir-3A (Qoqnoos/Sepehr) - TBD

TBD - IranSat 2 - Safir-3A (Qoqnoos/Sepehr) - TBD

TBD - IranSat 3 - Safir-3B (?) (Sarir)  - chabahar
TBD - manned launch (suborbital) - TBD - chabahar

Unclear:
TBD - Masud 2 & Rasad 2 - Simorgh - Semnan
TBD - Ayaat - TBD - TBD
TBD - Saar - TBD - TBD
2019-2024 - manned launch (orbital) - TBD - chabahar
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Offline Galactic Penguin SST

« Reply #23 on: 11/01/2013 03:17 pm »
So all the three rumored launch failures were really orbital launch attempts?  ;)
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 557
  • Likes Given: 1078
« Reply #24 on: 11/01/2013 05:30 pm »
And the first launch was definitely a test flight, rather than an orbital attempt?
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane - WJ.

Offline William Graham

• Liked: 236
  • Likes Given: 109
« Reply #25 on: 11/08/2013 07:27 pm »
And the first launch was definitely a test flight, rather than an orbital attempt?

I've seen no evidence at all to support that theory. Everything I have seen points to an orbital attempt.

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
« Reply #26 on: 11/08/2013 09:01 pm »

I've seen no evidence at all to support that theory. Everything I have seen points to an orbital attempt.

Agreed - that is why I was querying the status of the launch in the above launch listing.

Offline Soheil

• O_o
  • Tehran, I.R.IRAN
« Reply #27 on: 11/13/2013 12:28 pm »

Agreed - that is why I was querying the status of the launch in the above launch listing.

the payload was a dummy !

what does it mean !?

Offline William Graham

« Reply #28 on: 11/14/2013 12:24 pm »

Do you have any evidence to support that assertion? Iran may have claimed that it was a suborbital launch or a dummy payload, but I'm afraid all the evidence suggests it was a failed orbital launch with a live payload.

In the days and weeks leading up to the launch, there were various releases that claimed the launch of Omid was imminent. After the failure it suddenly slipped - exactly the same pattern seen with the Fajr failures.

Iranian rocket names include the name of the satellite they are launching. Safir-e-Rasad launched Rasad, Navid was launched by Safir-e-Navid. The rocket used for the August 2008 launch was "Safir-e-Omid", so logic would dictate that it was carrying Omid. The rocket used for the February 2009 launch was called "Safir-e-Omid 2" - essentially acknowledging this.
« Last Edit: 11/14/2013 12:25 pm by William Graham »

Offline Soheil

• O_o
  • Tehran, I.R.IRAN
« Reply #29 on: 11/14/2013 05:51 pm »

Do you have any evidence to support that assertion? Iran may have claimed that it was a suborbital launch or a dummy payload, but I'm afraid all the evidence suggests it was a failed orbital launch with a live payload.

In the days and weeks leading up to the launch, there were various releases that claimed the launch of Omid was imminent. After the failure it suddenly slipped - exactly the same pattern seen with the Fajr failures.

Iranian rocket names include the name of the satellite they are launching. Safir-e-Rasad launched Rasad, Navid was launched by Safir-e-Navid. The rocket used for the August 2008 launch was "Safir-e-Omid", so logic would dictate that it was carrying Omid. The rocket used for the February 2009 launch was called "Safir-e-Omid 2" - essentially acknowledging this.

Omid !?
« Last Edit: 11/14/2013 05:53 pm by Soheil »

Offline Haman10

• IRAN , islamic republic of
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #30 on: 11/15/2013 07:35 pm »
soheil jan , can u tell me why we have still the fajr satellite on the launch row ?

i mean , if the launch has failed and they still have the sattelite ready for launch there is 2 theories :

1- the satellite was recovered safely !

2- they built a new one

now as u have inside info  :P  which one is correct and the probable cause of both of the failures?
« Last Edit: 11/15/2013 07:36 pm by Haman10 »
defending iran , flying above the valley of death , i shall fear no evil ! as i have the blessing of the lord and the orison of my ppl

Offline Haman10

« Reply #31 on: 11/15/2013 08:06 pm »
Also, how do you know that the alleged February 2013 failure was due to the payload being ejected early?

about iran's launch failures my friend , i gotta tell u that the reason behind them is not just technical !

above technical issues , we are unfortunately encountering some ultra heavy jamming signals from you know where !

so the link between the sat and the command and control center is lost ====>launch failure .

still technical issues are a factor , for instance we had a little prob with the newly inaugurated launcher dubbed "simorgh" . the problem is solved and we are good to go.

abt the jamming signals , i think that is also taken care of for the new upcoming launchs .
defending iran , flying above the valley of death , i shall fear no evil ! as i have the blessing of the lord and the orison of my ppl

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
« Reply #32 on: 11/17/2013 09:46 am »
I thought it was against international law to interfere in the satellite launch of another country, unless the launch failed and the debris was heading towards someone.   Of course, the United States considers that international laws are for other people to follow.

Offline William Graham

« Reply #33 on: 11/17/2013 10:37 am »
so the link between the sat and the command and control center is lost ====>launch failure .

That wouldn't cause a rocket to explode on the launch pad, as seen with one of the recent Safir failures.
« Last Edit: 11/17/2013 10:37 am by William Graham »

Offline Haman10

« Reply #34 on: 11/17/2013 02:05 pm »
I thought it was against international law to interfere in the satellite launch of another country, unless the launch failed and the debris was heading towards someone.   Of course, the United States considers that international laws are for other people to follow.

unfortunately, you are 100% right . iran can also do that with the launched sats, but its not a good thing to do!

That wouldn't cause a rocket to explode on the launch pad, as seen with one of the recent Safir failures.

exactly mate ! with ONE of them .

which is not approved by the iranian space agency . that claim can also be challenged
« Last Edit: 11/17/2013 02:06 pm by Haman10 »

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
« Reply #35 on: 11/18/2013 05:43 am »
Since Safir is derived from a SRBM, I would expect it to have internal gyroscopes and computers and to not need any external signals to go into orbit. The only external signal would be for a self-destruct. Jamming would mean the Iranians could not be able to self-destruct their vehicle and foreign intelligence agencies would not be able to eaves drop on the telemetry coming from the vehicle. If there was jamming, I would expect the Iranians would be complaining very loudly at the UN.
Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Offline Satori

• Global Moderator
  • Campo do Geręs - Portugal
  • Liked: 1969
  • Likes Given: 1156
« Reply #36 on: 11/21/2013 09:53 pm »
We will have an Iranian launch... in the coming days?

Iran to Launch New Satellite in Coming Days

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
« Reply #37 on: 11/22/2013 06:59 am »
Thanks Satori. New information is that Tadbir is to be launched by Safir-1B "in the coming days". Tadbir has

* highly advanced navigation and photography facilities
* equipped with devices that will check the effects of space on living organisms (this might be a radiation dosimeter)
* made by the Space Research Laboratory of Tehran Science and Technology University
* possible to capture images with higher precision compared to Navid

Offline Hooligan

« Reply #38 on: 11/23/2013 01:48 pm »

I would add that the Nodong engine that powers the Safir first stage suffers from combustion instabilities.  It is not a very reliable engine (which is why the Soviets discarded it in the first place).  Further, if Iran is using homemade versions of the Nodong engine, I would expect the reliability to be worse than the Soviet/Russian built engines.  Bottom line is that we should not be surprised to see so many failures of Nodong and Shahab-3 missiles, Safir and Unha launchers.

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4672
  • Likes Given: 768
« Reply #39 on: 11/23/2013 03:38 pm »
Thanks Satori. New information is that Tadbir is to be launched by Safir-1B "in the coming days". Tadbir has

* highly advanced navigation and photography facilities
* equipped with devices that will check the effects of space on living organisms (this might be a radiation dosimeter)
* made by the Space Research Laboratory of Tehran Science and Technology University
* possible to capture images with higher precision compared to Navid
my friend in Egypt says that an arabic forum hints maybe a launch NET Monday 25 November 2013 at the earliest but he and I are questioning accuracy of that date.
« Last Edit: 11/23/2013 05:38 pm by russianhalo117 »

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography