Author Topic: ARCA update  (Read 4178 times)

Offline ringsider

• Liked: 185
  • Likes Given: 49
ARCA update
« on: 12/28/2017 10:19 PM »
Not sure if this is really on topic but I guess the CEO deserves some kind of rebuttal given all the stories of his arrest etc. I am not a big fan of ARCA but he is innocent until proven guilty, so here's his statement:-

« Last Edit: 12/28/2017 10:22 PM by ringsider »

Offline josespeck

• Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: ARCA update
« Reply #1 on: 12/29/2017 06:31 PM »

Ok. But when they test with hydrogen peroxide?.

Online catdlr

• Viewed launches since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 1866
  • Likes Given: 1282
« Reply #2 on: 02/11/2018 08:54 AM »
ARCA Stories: Elena Simona Popescu

ARCA Space Corporation
Published on Feb 10, 2018

ARCA Stories is a video series that presents the teamís achievements, missions, technology and people. This first episode focuses on Elena Simona Popescu, ARCAís PR Manager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw8Xc8q1_2U?t=001

Tony De La Rosa

Online catdlr

• Viewed launches since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 1866
  • Likes Given: 1282
« Reply #3 on: 02/11/2018 08:59 AM »
After viewing the above, maybe this thread should be moved into the Soap Opera, excuse me, Entertainment section?  :o
« Last Edit: 02/11/2018 09:02 AM by catdlr »
Tony De La Rosa

Offline meekGee

• N. California
  • Liked: 4348
  • Likes Given: 866
« Reply #4 on: 02/12/2018 02:50 AM »
Made my evening...  Nevermind whether the fiberglass hack-rocket can fly 1 foot...
ABCD - Always Be Counting Down

Online deruch

• California
  • Liked: 1630
  • Likes Given: 3095
« Reply #5 on: 02/14/2018 04:35 PM »
ARCA Stories: Elena Simona Popescu

ARCA Stories is a video series that presents the teamís achievements, missions, technology and people. This first episode focuses on Elena Simona Popescu, ARCAís PR Manager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw8Xc8q1_2U?t=001

So, it's a pure PR production and their first profile is of their PR Manager?  I'm dying.
Shouldn't reality posts be in "Advanced concepts"?  --Nomadd

Offline CameronD

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Norton Consultants
  • Liked: 429
  • Likes Given: 321
« Reply #6 on: 02/14/2018 09:14 PM »
So, it's a pure PR production and their first profile is of their PR Manager?  I'm dying.

Hey, you hafta admit they do PR really well!... all things considered.  :P
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine - however, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are
going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead.

Offline TrevorMonty

« Reply #7 on: 02/14/2018 10:23 PM »
They lost all credibility in my eyes when video showed some Arduino boards connected by wires via breadboard, then said avionics is almost ready.

Offline CameronD

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Norton Consultants
« Reply #8 on: 02/15/2018 12:07 AM »
They lost all credibility in my eyes when video showed some Arduino boards connected by wires via breadboard, then said avionics is almost ready.

Yeah.. but given they hadn't started on anything for their actual flight-test article at that point, maybe they meant to say "avionics for the test stand"?

With these guys it seems there's a lot that's been lost in translation.
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine - however, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are
going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead.

Offline TrevorMonty

« Reply #9 on: 02/15/2018 02:57 AM »

Yeah.. but given they hadn't started on anything for their actual flight-test article at that point, maybe they meant to say "avionics for the test stand"?

With these guys it seems there's a lot that's been lost in translation.
I'd expect test stand electronics to be a purpose built PCA, anything can result in faults from noise due to poor grounding. Dedicated PCAs are cheap compared to rocket engines.

Offline CameronD

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Norton Consultants
« Reply #10 on: 02/15/2018 05:45 AM »
I'd expect test stand electronics to be a purpose built PCA, anything can result in faults from noise due to poor grounding. Dedicated PCAs are cheap compared to rocket engines.

Even fibreglass ones?!?  ;D

Offline ringsider

• Liked: 185
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #11 on: 04/25/2018 05:23 PM »
A couple of update videos:-

(2 hours)

(12 mins)

Allegations of all kinds of things. Apparent an ex-wife is involved. I have not watched the 2 hour video.

The entire case is heading to a jury trial in mid-August:

https://caselookup.nmcourts.gov/caselookup/app?component=cnLink&page=SearchResults&service=direct&session=T&sp=SD-307-CR-201701130

Any way you look at it, when you start putting out 2 hour videos with various theories, the aerospace engineering part is pretty much over.

Online Davidthefat

« Reply #12 on: 05/10/2018 01:08 AM »

At this point they seem more like a video production company using an "engine" as a prop in a story.

Patreon? Really?

Offline Lars-J

• California
  • Liked: 3228
  • Likes Given: 2039
« Reply #13 on: 05/10/2018 06:09 AM »
They sure were painting that 'test stand' very intensely. (Does not look strong enough to test anything) But perhaps it is just exterior scaffolding and the real testing hardware is missing?
« Last Edit: 05/10/2018 06:11 AM by Lars-J »

Offline LooksFlyable

• USA
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #14 on: 05/17/2018 06:37 AM »
https://www.lcsun-news.com/story/news/local/2018/05/16/criminal-charges-against-arca-ceo-dumitru-popescu-dropped/616598002/

I initially posted here because I saw the ARCA thread and I thought this was a space enthusiast forum that supported all companies. Criticism was excessive, but critics are healthy so that wasn't an issue for me.  However, when Dumitru Popescu got arrested I came to you guys for help, because I found out abuses were taking place against Dumitru, his family and ARCA employees were terrified. Everyone was terrified of the way authorities were acting like madmen. Instead of concern, a lot of vitriol was spewed and Dumitru and ARCA was found guilty by some from the get go, and the moderators deleted the thread and branded the company a scam. Shockingly it seems sometimes all it takes to start a cases like this are naive people that read things written by "experts" on the internet in places such as this and then go complain to authorities or authorities themselves reading forum comments, mine included as I have been told, and that can lead to people having their lives destroyed and put in jail. It's ridiculous. In addition, reports of Dumitru being arrested in Nov when in reality he had already been in jail for 2 weeks made it even harder since a lot of shareholders had no idea why he was not answering them. A a lot of people suffered, employees lost their jobs and serious civil rights abuses that involved prejudice happened during this case. You can't even possibly begin to imagine the situation in which Dumitru has been placed the past 6 months.

This took a monumental effort on the part of the entire ARCA team and maybe one day, someone will make a movie about it. Helping to defend those you care about from false charges and abuses and wrongdoings is one of the most soul crushing and draining experiences I have ever had to go through, and you can multiply that tenfold for the person directly accused. Many people would have given up and succumbed to the situation just to stop the mental torture. I fear for the residents of New Mexico, because a single Google search for corruption in the state shows some concerns, but really anyone in general that may have to go through something like this on their own and my heart goes out to those that have had to deal with something like this before. Despite all this I still have hope because it seems just normal people, like simply citizens that serve on a jury, not professionals with badges, have the most common sense.

For the few of you that supported ARCA on here, especially during this time, I want to thank you, even if all you did was simply stand by and waited to see what happens.

« Last Edit: 05/17/2018 07:12 AM by LooksFlyable »

Offline Jim

• Night Gator
  • Cape Canaveral Spaceport
  • Liked: 10764
« Reply #15 on: 05/17/2018 02:03 PM »
branded the company a scam.

That accurate accusation is independent of CEO's legal troubles.

Online meberbs

• Liked: 1409
  • Likes Given: 350
« Reply #16 on: 05/17/2018 04:20 PM »
I found out abuses were taking place against Dumitru, his family and ARCA employees were terrified. Everyone was terrified of the way authorities were acting like madmen.
Sorry, but you do not get to complain about people assuming guilt (a mis-characterization to begin with) and then make evidence-free claims that others acted improperly/illegally. That is just hypocritical.

You can't even possibly begin to imagine the situation in which Dumitru has been placed the past 6 months.
Nope, I know of much worse, don't ask for details, they are private to the people involved. Honestly a major legal issue resolving in half a year isn't that bad.

Offline LooksFlyable

• USA
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #17 on: 05/17/2018 10:14 PM »
I found out abuses were taking place against Dumitru, his family and ARCA employees were terrified. Everyone was terrified of the way authorities were acting like madmen.
Sorry, but you do not get to complain about people assuming guilt (a mis-characterization to begin with) and then make evidence-free claims that others acted improperly/illegally. That is just hypocritical.

You can't even possibly begin to imagine the situation in which Dumitru has been placed the past 6 months.
Nope, I know of much worse, don't ask for details, they are private to the people involved. Honestly a major legal issue resolving in half a year isn't that bad.

You need evidence when someone says hey these people are in trouble, scared and being abused? In your case I gave you additional details, you were just too stubborn to listen at the time.

Being wrongfully imprisoned, having to defend yourself for 6 months in the face of corruption and abuse, employees losing their jobs, and having their lives turned upside down, having your reputation destroyed.....is not that bad?

Ok cool. I'm outta here.
« Last Edit: 05/17/2018 10:17 PM by LooksFlyable »

Offline ThePhugoid

• Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: 05/18/2018 02:11 PM »
branded the company a scam.

That accurate accusation is independent of CEO's legal troubles.

Seconded.

Online meberbs

• Liked: 1409
  • Likes Given: 350
« Reply #19 on: 05/19/2018 11:55 PM »
You need evidence when someone says hey these people are in trouble, scared and being abused? In your case I gave you additional details, you were just too stubborn to listen at the time.
You did not "give me additional details," at least not any that amounted to more than hearsay. The PMs involved you lying about what I said and refusing to even acknowledge the content of an official jail record.

And yes, I do need evidence when you accuse others of crimes such as this statement you made in PM:
I'll tell you what is fraudulent though. If you set someone up intentionally, and you know their arrest would destroy a company and screw shareholders out of their investment.  Now that would be fraud.
The people you are making that accusation of get the same presumption of innocence, and there is not evidence that your claims are remotely true.

Being wrongfully imprisoned, having to defend yourself for 6 months in the face of corruption and abuse, employees losing their jobs, and having their lives turned upside down, having your reputation destroyed.....is not that bad?
I never said it was not bad, I said I know of worse. The "not that bad" portion is the timeframe. Stop trying to make other people the bad guy by distorting what they say.

Also, Dumitru already had a terrible reputation, because all available evidence is that Arca is incompetent.
« Last Edit: 05/20/2018 05:10 AM by meberbs »

Tags: