Author Topic: Space Exploration Merit Badge  (Read 2520 times)

Offline corrodedNut

• Liked: 216
  • Likes Given: 133
Space Exploration Merit Badge
« on: 06/10/2017 02:38 pm »
In a couple weeks I'm teaching local Boy Scouts the Space Exploration Merit Badge (I am the merit badge counselor). I'm wondering if any others on the forum have already done so, and what worked well for them. Half of the badge is making and launching a model rocket, which I have pretty well covered, but there is also spaceflight history and physics requirements.

Please post if you know of any educational resources that would help.

I'm specifically looking for the easiest way to download internet/youtube videos to my laptop or iPad. There is no wifi at camp and cell-data coverage is spotty. It's so much easier to explain orbital mechanics, etc. with a video.

I hope this thread is in the correct section, it could have been "hobbies" or "education". Moderators: please move if necessary.

Thanks!

Offline jg

• Liked: 188
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Space Exploration Merit Badge
« Reply #1 on: 06/10/2017 11:07 pm »
In a couple weeks I'm teaching local Boy Scouts the Space Exploration Merit Badge (I am the merit badge counselor). I'm wondering if any others on the forum have already done so, and what worked well for them. Half of the badge is making and launching a model rocket, which I have pretty well covered, but there is also spaceflight history and physics requirements.

Please post if you know of any educational resources that would help.

I'm specifically looking for the easiest way to download internet/youtube videos to my laptop or iPad. There is no wifi at camp and cell-data coverage is spotty. It's so much easier to explain orbital mechanics, etc. with a video.

I hope this thread is in the correct section, it could have been "hobbies" or "education". Moderators: please move if necessary.

Thanks!
The for pay YouTube Red service allows download and disconnected playing.

Offline catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8785
  • Likes Given: 7815
Re: Space Exploration Merit Badge
« Reply #2 on: 06/11/2017 03:00 am »
I download a bunch daily,  but everyone has their best.  Try this article on the best available.

How to Download YouTube Videos: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2476563,00.asp

My Favorite desktop app is: 4K Video Downloader

« Last Edit: 06/11/2017 03:02 am by catdlr »
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography