Author Topic: SpaceX stops using YouTube; new content X only; effect on NSF content?  (Read 45918 times)

Offline alugobi

• Liked: 1537
  • Likes Given: 0
So they're just channeling twitter in real time?

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 7891
  • Likes Given: 7355
So they're just channeling twitter in real time?

Yes.  Till this launch, they couldn't get permission from X to do so.  But I can not verify the quality at this time.
« Last Edit: 09/29/2023 08:31 pm by catdlr »
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Offline Metalskin

• Brisbane, Australia
  • Liked: 76
  • Likes Given: 1578
The fact that this topic has inspired so much conversation suggests to me that we're really not talking about video streaming.
No, we're tlaking about poor UI for video. On one hand, you have a firehose of random content with some videos sometimes present in it, shuffled by 'the algorithm', with little to no effective archiving and a search function that is ineffective at best. On the other, you have a chronological list of video streams (with some optional social stuff that can be entirely ignored with no consequence or impact) searchable within a single channel.

tl;dr: here is a list of every SpaceX livestream on Youtube up until they stopped hosting them. There are no social posts to wade through, no randomly missed links because an algorithm forget to include them, are in simple newest-first chronological order, are clearly titled, and are trivially searchable without random content from other channels being included.
No such equivalent exists on Twitter.

In addition, it's very easy to understand which ones you have watched and which ones you haven't watched. I can go to Subscribed on youtube and only see a history of all the channels I subscribe to and know instantly what I have watched and what I haven't watched.

You cannot do that on X.
How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke

Online catdlr

Another YouTube channel is broadcasting a live stream of SpaceX and other launches: SPACE AFFAIRS

They have been hosting other launches and have a few lined up for future Livestream.

https://www.youtube.com/@Space-Affairs/streams
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Offline docmordrid

• Michigan
  • Liked: 4204
  • Likes Given: 2
We watched last launch on the space.com YouTube stream, videofromspace
DM

Online catdlr

So the current alternate LIVE Streaming SpaceX launch (non-X) viewing are the following two YouTube Channels:

"Videos from Space" from SPACE.com:   https://www.youtube.com/@VideoFromSpace/videos

Space-Affairs:   https://www.youtube.com/@Space-Affairs/streams

Be sure to set Notification On so that you are alerted to future launches and when the live stream starts.

After Launch Replays in HD quality:
Sapce Devs   https://www.youtube.com/@thespacedevs
« Last Edit: 10/01/2023 01:02 am by catdlr »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography