Author Topic: The (nothing to do with NSF but I use) Tapatalk Feedback Thread  (Read 153299 times)

Offline WolfganP

• Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 14
Yep, really weird. Comes back and disappear (even from the groups directory) without any noticeable pattern.

Offline old_geez

• Narangba
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 0
Same here. Very annoying.
Keep having to find a notification then follow the link to log on

Offline meekGee

• N. California
  • Liked: 14046
  • Likes Given: 1392
And to add insult to injury  the auto-password fails every other login, which hints that the log-out occurs because it somehow corrupts the password.
ABCD - Always Be Counting Down

Offline YesRushGen

• Liked: 17
When I try to access the forum using a notification, I receive an error message: "You do not have permission to view this discussion."

Offline meekGee

• N. California
When I try to access the forum using a notification, I receive an error message: "You do not have permission to view this discussion."
It means you got logged out.  Navigate up and if you're not re-logged automatically, do so manually.

Offline shark0302

• Liked: 11
It means you got logged out.  Navigate up and if you're not re-logged automatically, do so manually.
I ended up clearing all data and logged out. Once I logged back in, everything seems to be working now.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Offline meekGee

• N. California
I ended up clearing all data and logged out. Once I logged back in, everything seems to be working now.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Just did that, cleared cache, erased all data - no luck.

Still have to log in every time

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Offline old_geez

• Narangba
Quote from: meekGee
Just did that, cleared cache, erased all data - no luck.

Still have to log in every time

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
Same here. It’s getting tiresome, and hasn’t happened with other forums I access via Tapatalk.

Offline TrevorMonty

Is there another forum app that supports Nasaspaceflight?.

If not been able to get it operating since it disappeared on Tapatalk a week ago. Doesn't appear in searches of forums.

Offline TrevorMonty

Is there another forum app that supports Nasaspaceflight?.

If not been able to get it operating since it disappeared on Tapatalk a week ago. Doesn't appear in searches of forums.

Offline Eer

• Liked: 466
  • Likes Given: 913
My request to join the Tapatalk support forum was finally approved.

Message there reads:

The Tapatalk plugin at that forum is so far outdated that it can no longer work. The forum owner would need to reinstall the plugin.
I'll send an email to the forum owner shortly with a request to update the plugin.

So, hopefully the NSF crew will get the request.

So many changes surrounding proxy logins and eliminating passwords I’m not surprised.
From "The Rhetoric of Interstellar Flight", by Paul Gilster, March 10, 2011: We’ll build a future in space one dogged step at a time, and when asked how long humanity will struggle before reaching the stars, we’ll respond, “As long as it takes.”

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4672
  • Likes Given: 768

Message there reads:

The Tapatalk plugin at that forum is so far outdated that it can no longer work. The forum owner would need to reinstall the plugin.
I'll send an email to the forum owner shortly with a request to update the plugin.

So many changes surrounding proxy logins and eliminating passwords I’m not surprised.
Jester one of the NSF Administrators last i checked maintains the forum Tapatalk plugin. A note that this forum uses a custom SMF build forked off from SMF v2.0.15 however a major forum upgrade is in the works.

While we are still on 2.0.15 (based on version number) we backport security fixes (and some other features) on our (now) custom version. As 2.1 is in a stable state for a while now we are working towards migration to 2.1.
« Last Edit: 05/11/2023 07:44 am by russianhalo117 »

Offline WolfganP

• Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 14

Message there reads:

Jester one of the NSF Administrators last i checked maintains the forum Tapatalk plugin. A note that this forum uses a custom SMF build forked off from SMF v2.0.15 however a major forum upgrade is in the works.

While we are still on 2.0.15 (based on version number) we backport security fixes (and some other features) on our (now) custom version. As 2.1 is in a stable state for a while now we are working towards migration to 2.1.

10 months passed by since that message and there's not too much info on how the migration to SMF 2.1 is going, and how huge the migration effort entails. Maybe easier try to update the Tapatalk plugin to the latest compatible? (it's currently broken anyways...)

Offline old_geez

• Narangba
This is getting tiresome.
1. Open Tapatalk
2. I notice that NSF isn’t available
3. Scroll down updates until I find this thread.
4. Tap on it to open - Thread opens
5. Tap on Reply
6. It asks me to log in
7. Enter username and password
8. Tap Login - Reply screen opens
9. Tap Cancel and Back Arrow
10. Scroll back up and NSF logo has appeared
11. Tap logo and finally get to browse my unread threads.

All of my other forums in Tapatalk behave normally.
Is anyone able to address this issue?

Offline Eer

• Liked: 466
  • Likes Given: 913
This is getting tiresome.
1. Open Tapatalk
2. I notice that NSF isn’t available
3. Scroll down updates until I find this thread.
4. Tap on it to open - Thread opens
5. Tap on Reply
6. It asks me to log in
7. Enter username and password
8. Tap Login - Reply screen opens
9. Tap Cancel and Back Arrow
10. Scroll back up and NSF logo has appeared
11. Tap logo and finally get to browse my unread threads.

All of my other forums in Tapatalk behave normally.
Is anyone able to address this issue?

It's a little simpler than that for me on mine ...
1, 2, 3, 4, then I use menu in upper right to request login _to NASASpaceFlight.com_
then click NSF forum on TapaTalk Home
Normal operations

The issue is known and related, so I understand, to a fork in the NSF forum software which is being readied for a major upgrade.  The plugin TapaTalk relies on for "single-signon" to NSF is broken at least until the NSF forum software is updated.  I think.
From "The Rhetoric of Interstellar Flight", by Paul Gilster, March 10, 2011: We’ll build a future in space one dogged step at a time, and when asked how long humanity will struggle before reaching the stars, we’ll respond, “As long as it takes.”

Offline old_geez

• Narangba
Yeah, I don’t get that option

Offline old_geez

• Narangba
So now even my notification has gone from the Tapatalk screen so I can't find a way back in. Any tips to help?
I had to resort to my PC to even search for this thread...

Offline meekGee

• N. California
It's frustrating for sure.

TnT is such a superior small screen reader I'm going to great lengths to keep it alive.

Mods - it's in everyone's interest to prioritize this for mass appeal.

Offline meekGee

• N. California
Anything new for any of y'all?

Offline chopsticks

• Québec, Canada
  • Liked: 1082
  • Likes Given: 165
Still constantly logs me out. Super annoying.

Tags: Space galaxy astronomy 

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography