Author Topic: Patreon or Youtube subscription?  (Read 4502 times)

Offline oliversl

• Costa Rica
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 14
Patreon or Youtube subscription?
« on: 06/02/2020 05:39 pm »
Hi,
I wonder if Patreon is planned. I'm talking about just 1 US$ (will give more if I had more) so Youtube is my only option. I already have all my subscriptions on Patreon and none on Youtube, it would be easier for me to have Patreon. But I can create my 1st subscription on Youtube just for the daily BocaChica updates, it's my favorite TV series.

Many thanks

Offline Chris Bergin

Re: Patreon or Youtube subscription?
« Reply #1 on: 06/02/2020 08:42 pm »
Thank you! :)

Youtube membership is best. We're not planning a Patreon and we've found the levels of youtube membership allow very similar rewards as Patreon.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSUu1lih2RifWkKtDOJdsBA/join

All that goes back into the videos, equipment, expenses, bandwidth (that was a surprise with the TV broadcast SOLOs and four modems and crazy bandwidth) for event streaming etc.

---

For supporting NSF (the servers/hosting etc.), then L2 is best:

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/l2/
« Last Edit: 06/02/2020 08:44 pm by Chris Bergin »
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline oliversl

• Costa Rica
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #2 on: 06/04/2020 12:38 am »
Many thanks for the reply Chris, will do. See you at Youtube, regards and many thanks for all the live coverage. Special thanks for Mary for the daily BocaChica updates.

Offline ChrisC

• Veteran
  • Liked: 1561
  • Likes Given: 1749
« Reply #3 on: 07/31/2023 10:33 pm »
I found this older thread in a google search and am using it to follow up ... Does NSF have a Patreon account that I can use to provide my monetary support?

I recently got going with Patreon and support a few people via that, and would like to support NSF that way to keep things tidy.  You would be getting the largest share by far :)  I am continuing to resist the Youtube account process, and am certainly not connecting my credit card to them, so that is not an option.  I know that you all have a "tips" mechanism for one-time donations ( https://tips.nasaspaceflight.com/ ) but I would like to set up something recurring, and collecting everything under Patreon would keep it neat for me.  If not Patreon, are there other recurring donation options?

I believe L2 requires explicitly renewing every year, and I actually want auto renewal.  Take my money!  Suggestions how?
« Last Edit: 08/09/2023 09:22 pm by ChrisC »
PSA #1: EST does NOT mean "Eastern Time".  Use "Eastern" or "ET" instead, all year round, and avoid this common error.  Google "EST vs EDT".
PSA #2: It's and its: know the difference and quietly impress grammar pedants.  Google "angry flower its" .  *** See profile for two more NSF forum tips. ***

Offline ChrisC

• Veteran
  • Liked: 1561
  • Likes Given: 1749
« Reply #4 on: 03/26/2024 02:17 am »
I came into this section looking for something else and saw this thread.  I'm still looking for a way to financially support NSF automatically on a periodic basis, ideally through Patreon,  See constraints above.

Maybe it's just a niche that's not worth NSF's effort to set up, but I'm putting in another plug for it :)
« Last Edit: 03/26/2024 02:19 am by ChrisC »
PSA #1: EST does NOT mean "Eastern Time".  Use "Eastern" or "ET" instead, all year round, and avoid this common error.  Google "EST vs EDT".
PSA #2: It's and its: know the difference and quietly impress grammar pedants.  Google "angry flower its" .  *** See profile for two more NSF forum tips. ***

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8804
  • Likes Given: 7821
« Reply #5 on: 03/26/2024 02:39 am »
I came into this section looking for something else and saw this thread.  I'm still looking for a way to financially support NSF automatically on a periodic basis, ideally through Patreon,  See constraints above.

Maybe it's just a niche that's not worth NSF's effort to set up, but I'm putting in another plug for it :)

I vote for Patreon, I don't like the cut that YouTube takes away from memberships made through them.
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography