Author Topic: Yaogan 30-group 01 -CZ-2C - XSLC - September 29, 2017 (04:21 UTC)  (Read 31186 times)

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
  • Campo do Geręs - Portugal
  • Liked: 1968
  • Likes Given: 1156
An unspecified satellite will be orbited by the Long March-2C (Y29) rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center.

Launch rumored in May 2017.
« Last Edit: 12/26/2017 06:33 am by input~2 »

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4672
  • Likes Given: 768
An unspecified satellite will be orbited by the Long March-2C (Y29) rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center.

Launch rumored in May 2017.
rocket to begin stacking very soon I'm told. No details as to payload and pad but very likely going from LC-3

Online William Graham

• Liked: 236
  • Likes Given: 109
I believe this will be the first CZ-2 series launch from Xichang since Shiyan 2, also on a CZ-2C, in November 2004

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 557
  • Likes Given: 1078
I believe this will be the first CZ-2 series launch from Xichang since Shiyan 2, also on a CZ-2C, in November 2004

Did you see my April 4 posting on the Shijian 13 thread?
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane - WJ.

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
Shijian Weixing 2 was the precursor to the Shijian-11 series of SIGINT satellites.   Could the new launch be a Shiyan Weixing that will be a precursor to the next generation SIGINTs?

We have had Shiyan Weixing 7 but not SW 6 yet .......... ?
« Last Edit: 04/13/2017 12:10 am by Phillip Clark »

Online William Graham

• Liked: 236
  • Likes Given: 109
Did you see my April 4 posting on the Shijian 13 thread?

Evidently we think alike.

Assuming no unidentified suborital or failed launches, there have been ten previous CZ-2 launches from Xichang; seven CZ-2E missions between 1990 and 1995 from Pad 2, and three CZ-2Cs in 2003-04. The first CZ-2C - Tan Ce 1 - definitely used the old Pad 3 (http://sci.esa.int/double-star/34513-launch-of-double-star-1/). The other two carried Shiyan 1 and 2 respectively - I do not know which pad they used. Whichever was the last to fly from Pad 3 would have been the final launch from the old pad before it was demolished and rebuilt.

Offline Liss

• Moscow, Russia
  • Liked: 1084
  • Likes Given: 88
The other two carried Shiyan 1 and 2 respectively - I do not know which pad they used. Whichever was the last to fly from Pad 3 would have been the final launch from the old pad before it was demolished and rebuilt.
Both from old Pad 3 which in fact was known then as Pad 1.
This message reflects my personal opinion based on open sources of information.

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
I am assuming that there are no further updates/rumours about this possible launch?

Online Satori

• Global Moderator
  • Campo do Geręs - Portugal
  • Liked: 1968
  • Likes Given: 1156
I am assuming that there are no further updates/rumours about this possible launch?

The last information says that there are no rockets at the launch towers at the moment.

Online Galactic Penguin SST

The last information says that there are no rockets at the launch towers at the moment.

CALT did take the rocket out for a (dry) dress rehearsal at the pad between April 14 and April 28 though: http://www.calt.com/n689/c8373/content.html

I really wonder the reasons of flying the 2C from Xichang right now - last time it happened in 2003-4 1 of the launches was to a high EEO and the 2 polar orbit launches were at a period where I believe they had no other active pad that can be used (Taiyuan was out for maintenance and Jiuquan's new satellite pad was only coming online around that period). Either the payload's going to a high orbit (or a low inclination LEO), or the pads at other sites are booked full/out for reconstruction/maintenance......  ::)
« Last Edit: 05/15/2017 03:43 pm by Galactic Penguin SST »
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Offline Dalhousie

• Liked: 780
  • Likes Given: 1131

CALT did take the rocket out for a (dry) dress rehearsal at the pad between April 14 and April 28 though: http://www.calt.com/n689/c8373/content.html

I really wonder the reasons of flying the 2C from Xichang right now - last time it happened in 2003-4 1 of the launches was to a high EEO and the 2 polar orbit launches were at a period where I believe they had no other active pad that can be used (Taiyuan was out for maintenance and Jiuquan's new satellite pad was only coming online around that period). Either the payload's going to a high orbit (or a low inclination LEO), or the pads at other sites are booked full/out for reconstruction/maintenance......  ::)

Why the eye roll?
Apologies in advance for any lack of civility - it's unintended

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4672
  • Likes Given: 768
BUMP:
LC3 is still configured for CZ-2C launches/testing at this time so next CZ-3 family launch likely to fly from LC-2 again. A CZ-2C launcher (training or flight version unknown) is still present at XSLC.
« Last Edit: 06/23/2017 07:32 pm by russianhalo117 »

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
I am assuming that there is no further news about this planned launch?

There were rumors that the rocket was actually brought back to Beijing in May/June after the fit checks, so it's not going to launch anytime soon.
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
There were rumors that the rocket was actually brought back to Beijing in May/June after the fit checks, so it's not going to launch anytime soon.

Thank you - I love rumours, it is always good to know that the rumour mill is still working!!

Offline SmallKing

• Zhejiang, China, the Earth
  • Liked: 189
  • Likes Given: 220
Per SFF Weibo, looks like CZ-2C is ready to launch...
They said this picture was taken yesterday
Anyhow, we need further information
Some are bound for happiness, some are bound to glory, some are bound to live with less, who can tell your story?

Heh no wonder it's that hard to know what is flying - it must be yet another it-must-not-be-named thingy!  :-X

Since Yuan Wang 3 is now in the South Pacific (southeast of Fiji), IF this is really what will launch next week, a low inclination BLEO target orbit (GTO et al.) is more likely.

So what's that?  :-X

Offline SmallKing

• Zhejiang, China, the Earth
  • Liked: 189
  • Likes Given: 220

Heh no wonder it's that hard to know what is flying - it must be yet another it-must-not-be-named thingy!  :-X

Since Yuan Wang 3 is now in the South Pacific (southeast of Fiji), IF this is really what will launch next week, a low inclination BLEO target orbit (GTO et al.) is more likely.

So what's that?  :-X
Sure, XSLC is always devoted to low inclination launch
Some are bound for happiness, some are bound to glory, some are bound to live with less, who can tell your story?

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
There has been the occasional polar orbit launch from Xichang.

Offline input~2

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1540
  • Likes Given: 567
There has been the occasional polar orbit launch from Xichang.
I doubt it,  but could this NOTAM be related to this LM-2C launch

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography