Author Topic: Argentina's SLV development  (Read 172408 times)

Offline baldusi

• Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Liked: 2539
  • Likes Given: 8273
Re: Argentina's SLV development
« Reply #60 on: 08/19/2014 11:34 pm »

That image has been circulating through Argentinian forums. No fire is apparent and it's clear that they recovered everything (thou the system is probably not salvageable). Regrettably the picture is very low resolution. But the way it fell down just right to the ramp, and the way the nozzle is to the side with one broken pneumatic cylinder (it had two at 90 degrees of pitch and yaw control), are very consistent with ether a cylinder failure or a cylinder attachment failure.
Overall, I do share CONAE's assessment that the test had a "positive" result. They validated practically all the complex parts, including pressurization, ignition, thrust, etc.

Well, it has potentile, but I find it kind of disturbing that the rocket configuration is so much like an ICBM.  Could be they're being influenced by SpaceX, but still...
Why do you think it looks like an ICBM? RP-1/LOX isn't exactly optimum propellant for such a weapon. And the use of three engines means little in this sense. I rather see them having some growth margin there.
And the upper stage is a pressure fed hypergilic, hardly in like the turbopump powered upper stages used on most military vehicles. Basically, it has little resemblance, at least in my book.
The military project was much more weaponizable, IMHO..

Offline cdemczuk

• Lanús, Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #61 on: 08/20/2014 08:24 pm »
Well, this a graphic of altitude vs. range of the test. With the scale in metres. This is the way we get informed in here, with fortuitous captures of vids.

Offline cdemczuk

« Reply #62 on: 08/24/2014 12:39 am »
Diagram about past and future tests of Tronador II project. (In spanish)

Notice that at the end of first stage of tests, it is said "More Vex-1", according to what it has already been said that it could be up to 6 Vex-1 launches. (All depends of results of the tests)
This first stage of Vex-1 is being conducted in Pipinas (Punta Indio) And it's being testing navigation, flight control and guidance. But second stage will be conducted in Puerto Belgrano's launch pad, now under construction.
Notice that in the 2 stage of tests, the diagram says that will be tested the separation of rocket stages and coif.

Here there is the complete summary (in spanish): http://scripts.minplan.gob.ar/octopus/archivos.php?file=3046

Offline baldusi

« Reply #63 on: 08/25/2014 02:45 am »
Diagram about past and future tests of Tronador II project. (In spanish)

Notice that at the end of first stage of tests, it is said "More Vex-1", according to what it has already been said that it could be up to 6 Vex-1 launches. (All depends of results of the tests)
This first stage of Vex-1 is being conducted in Pipinas (Punta Indio) And it's being testing navigation, flight control and guidance. But second stage will be conducted in Puerto Belgrano's launch pad, now under construction.
Notice that in the 2 stage of tests, the diagram says that will be tested the separation of rocket stages and coif.

Here there is the complete summary (in spanish): http://scripts.minplan.gob.ar/octopus/archivos.php?file=3046
From the above mentioned presentation:
VEX-1: basically an underfilled second stage. Objective is to validate second stage propulsion and GNC.
VEX-5: A single engine of the first stage (30tnf, RP-1/LOX) custom first stage and the VEX-1 on top, plus a fairing. Objective is to validate first stage propulsion, staging and fairing separation.
Tronador II: Orbital vehicle with 250kg to SSO (500km). First launch will be a technical demonstrator.
Tronador III: Improved vesion with 750km payload. The image only shows a first stage increase in size. My guess is that first stage engines might get extra thrust.

Then they talk about how they are stating from Pipinas while they develop the integrated base in Puerto Belgrano. They are making the rocket factory, engine test stand, processing area and launch pad all in the same zone. They'll continue the testing from the new site as soon as its ready.

Offline baldusi

« Reply #64 on: 08/25/2014 03:49 pm »
Well, this a graphic of altitude vs. range of the test. With the scale in metres. This is the way we get informed in here, with fortuitous captures of vids.
BTW, the text says that they had a parachute to recover the vehicle. It's an analysis of how the graph is compatible with parachute deployment.

PD: Great info cdemczuk!

Offline cdemczuk

« Reply #65 on: 08/25/2014 04:29 pm »
I was hoping you could explain better than me the graphics and figures I had posted! Greetings!
« Last Edit: 08/26/2014 12:47 am by cdemczuk »

Offline cdemczuk

« Reply #66 on: 08/26/2014 12:38 am »
Just for the record, a short video of Vex-1B launch.

www.youtube.com/embed/VcJa_mTtAJQ?rel=0"

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
    • Steven Pietrobon's Space Archive
  • Liked: 32734
  • Likes Given: 8178
« Reply #67 on: 08/27/2014 06:38 am »
Thanks cdemczuk. The exhaust seems to be a bit metal rich from the sparks coming out of the nozzle.
Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Offline cdemczuk

« Reply #68 on: 09/09/2014 04:15 am »
One of the mock up of the future facility for static fire test of 30tn engines.

Offline cdemczuk

« Reply #69 on: 09/09/2014 08:50 pm »

Offline Salo

• Odessa, Ukraine
  • Liked: 4225
  • Likes Given: 3520
« Reply #71 on: 12/24/2014 04:34 am »
http://www.energypress.com.ar/index.php?r=noticias/verNoticia&q=76271
Ahora vendrá la prueba con el VEx-5. Culminada esa etapa, será el turno del modelo tecnológico y luego el operativo del Tronador II, de cara a septiembre de 2015.

Offline Salo

• Odessa, Ukraine
  • Liked: 4225
  • Likes Given: 3520
« Reply #72 on: 12/25/2014 04:50 am »
Present plans for Vex5 are: Vex5a launch April 2015. Vex5b in June. Tronador 2 demonstrator December2015. But this dates might have delays

Offline lbiderman

• Going where no Uruguayan has gone before
  • Buenos Aires - Argentina
    • Mars Society Argentina
  • Liked: 64
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #73 on: 02/09/2015 12:32 pm »
The launch schedule for this tests is really demanding. I believe certains delays are expected. Remember most of this is novel for local technological development, and their budget is not precisely unlimited.
"If I wanted to lead a bunch of robots that could only follow orders, I would have joined the Army!"
Captain Alvarez (Uruguay Marine Corps) in Congo (MONUC Deployment), March 2007

Offline albatros68

• Likes Given: 6
« Reply #74 on: 02/16/2015 09:59 am »
NASA´s chief Charles Bolden visits this week Argentina´s Conae and Invap
http://argentinaenelespacio.blogspot.com.ar/2015/02/conae-y-nasa-firmaran-un-nuevo-acuerdo.html#more

Offline albatros68

• Likes Given: 6
« Reply #75 on: 02/16/2015 10:11 am »
Video describing Arsat and Vex/Tronador

It was shown at COPUOS 52th session (Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space)
http://argentinaenelespacio.blogspot.com.ar/2015/02/argentina-presente-en-la-52-sesiones-de.html#more

Offline lbiderman

• Going where no Uruguayan has gone before
  • Buenos Aires - Argentina
    • Mars Society Argentina
  • Liked: 64
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #76 on: 02/16/2015 07:15 pm »
New details about the Tronador II:

- The launcher will be a 2-1/2 staged-vehicle: two of the three first stage engines will separate first, while the core continues (like early Atlas).
- The vehicle size has changed: the diameter is 2,5m for the entire vehicle, but the upper stage is now shorter (the whole vehicle is 27m long).

I'm attaching several renders made for a local forum by Rober Digiorge. Copyright is in the image.
"If I wanted to lead a bunch of robots that could only follow orders, I would have joined the Army!"
Captain Alvarez (Uruguay Marine Corps) in Congo (MONUC Deployment), March 2007

Offline cdemczuk

« Reply #77 on: 02/17/2015 01:13 am »
Great info! Could you attach the source or that forum you said?
« Last Edit: 02/17/2015 01:14 am by cdemczuk »

Offline cdemczuk

« Reply #78 on: 02/17/2015 01:51 am »
This table shows the next launch attempts for this year.
As you can see, there are schedule to be launched 3 experimental vehicles as much. (A bit ambicious for me)

The new experimental rockets are the VEX-5.
Unlike VEx-1 vehicles (VEx-1a and Vex-1b), VEx-5a and VEx-5b have an engine of 30tn of thrust, and VEx-5c is a two stages rocket.

The table shows that it's intended to be launched the first two vehicles from the same launch pad complex in Punta Indio, but VEx-5c is intended to be launched from the new and definitive Launch Pad complex now under construction.

As you can see the three VEX-5 vehicles are the three last experimental rockets to be launched before Tronador II.

Source: 52° Regular Session of the Subcommittee on Scientific and Technical Matters of the United Nations Committee on Peaceful Uses of Ultra-Terrestrial Space.
and http://machtres.com/
« Last Edit: 02/17/2015 12:55 pm by cdemczuk »

Offline Soheil

• O_o
  • Tehran, I.R.IRAN
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #79 on: 02/17/2015 06:05 am »
Good luck ;)
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography