Author Topic: NASA Spaceflight Starbase Livestreams  (Read 564 times)

Offline ZachS09

• Space Savant
  • Roanoke, TX
  • Liked: 2339
  • Likes Given: 2053
NASA Spaceflight Starbase Livestreams
« on: 12/02/2023 06:46 pm »
While I enjoy NSF streaming the Starship activities going on at Starbase, one thing is concerning me.

Will there be a point in the future where SpaceX decides to keep all the Starship tests and stuff (with the exception of orbital launch attempts) private and forbid anyone from streaming it to the public?
« Last Edit: 12/23/2023 02:46 am by ZachS09 »
Liftoff for St. Jude's! Go Dragon, Go Falcon, Godspeed Inspiration4!

Offline catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 7865
  • Likes Given: 7340
Re: NASA Spaceflight Starbase Livestreams
« Reply #1 on: 12/02/2023 07:16 pm »
While I enjoy NSF streaming the Starship activities going in at Starbase, one thing is concerning me.

Will there be a point in the future where SpaceX decides to keep all the Starship tests and stuff (with the exception of orbital launch attempts) private and forbid anyone from streaming it to the public?

The live streaming cameras, whether on NSF or other space-related sites, are all situated on public land. SpaceX does not have the authority to prohibit viewing from these locations. To prevent people from viewing, SpaceX would have to either construct a complete wall around its facilities or acquire all the land from Massey to the launch site. However, both of these options are highly unlikely.
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography