Author Topic: Ian's Paper Model Rocket Collection  (Read 39669 times)

Offline IanThePineapple

Re: Ian's Paper Model Rocket Collection
« Reply #40 on: 07/19/2017 04:15 am »
Booster mount has begun, it's reslly taking shape! Currently 4 are in place, 5 are not. It will probably be done tomorrow.

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #41 on: 07/24/2017 07:48 pm »
The Delta II is done! I think my printer messed up the scaling because it seems a bit too tall.

Anyway, I attached a few images, along with a booster attachment picture, and one of my new model rocket shelf, containing the Mercury-Atlas, Gemini- Titan, Saturn V, and Apollo CSM. I had the Saturn over there by itself originally, then moved over the Atlas and Titan to clear up room on the main shelf. I put the landed Falcon 9 in their place until I build future models.

Speaking of future models, I see a Delta III and IV coming soon, once I get more cardstock. I already used up 100 sheets!

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #42 on: 07/24/2017 09:34 pm »

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #43 on: 08/26/2017 04:11 am »
Here's a little glimpse into my models folder, which houses the .pdf files of some of my more recent models, along with a few possible future builds.

The Saturn C8 is only a dream (for now... ;) )

Mercury-Redstone is likely next, probably starting in the next week.
« Last Edit: 08/26/2017 04:13 am by IanThePineapple »

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #44 on: 08/29/2017 04:58 am »
So I've started the Redstone model, and it's coming along well. It's taken a lot less time than I thought to get this far.

Offline deruch

• California
  • Liked: 2006
  • Likes Given: 5634
« Reply #45 on: 01/29/2018 01:10 am »
I really like the look of the Delta Blue of the Delta II.  Really stands out and makes it my favorite on pure looks.
Shouldn't reality posts be in "Advanced concepts"?  --Nomadd

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #46 on: 01/29/2018 01:11 am »
I really like the look of the Delta Blue of the Delta II.  Really stands out and makes it my favorite on pure looks.

I like it too, I believe the Delta IV was originally supposed to be that color, but they settled for foam insulation

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #47 on: 03/14/2018 01:47 pm »
Some belated pictures of my new models, I'll be making a few posts throughout today and maybe the rest of the week.

So the first pic here is of my Falcon production line of my work table. (It's beginning to look a lot like the Hawthorne factory) There's one mostly complete scaled-up Falcon 9 I'm building for my friend (SES-10), and my in-progress Falcon Heavy cores.

I also built a Roadster model from AXM (next posts), but I've decided to not attach it to the FH, and keep it separate as a bit of scale for other models.

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #48 on: 03/14/2018 01:48 pm »
Roadster

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #49 on: 03/14/2018 01:49 pm »

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #50 on: 03/14/2018 02:01 pm »
1:100 scale Cygnus capsule. Not much to say about it

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #51 on: 03/14/2018 02:03 pm »
More Cygnus

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #52 on: 03/14/2018 02:13 pm »
1:144 Saturn IB. This model turned out great, but took so long to finish.

The first stage is made up of 9 separate tanks, has 8 engines and 8 fins. That took the longest out of the whole model.

The model is very modular, the escape tower, CSM, S-IVB-CSM connecter, the S-IVB and S-IB can all be taken apart, and the S-IB and S-IVB are held together with a removable connector.

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #53 on: 03/14/2018 02:14 pm »

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #54 on: 03/14/2018 02:15 pm »

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #55 on: 03/14/2018 02:16 pm »

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #56 on: 03/14/2018 02:20 pm »
1:96 Mercury Redstone. This model was pretty easy and quick to build, and is made of plain printer paper.

I love it because it is small but looks very good, it would make a nice desk piece.

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #57 on: 03/14/2018 02:24 pm »
Some non-paper additions!

A Delta IV Heavy pin, a lunar footprint pin (made from actual Apollo CM metal), a Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport pin and a set of 3 mini meteorites.

I got the pins from the Wallops Visitors Center on a recent visit to the site, and the meteorites from Amazon.

Offline Slarty1080

• UK
  • Liked: 1871
  • Likes Given: 814
« Reply #58 on: 04/30/2018 11:52 am »
Does anyone know if there's a paper model of the BFR that can be printed and built? Or is it just a matter of DIY from scratch?
My optimistic hope is that it will become cool to really think about things... rather than just doing reactive bullsh*t based on no knowledge (Brian Cox)

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #59 on: 04/30/2018 10:54 pm »
Does anyone know if there's a paper model of the BFR that can be printed and built? Or is it just a matter of DIY from scratch?

There aren't any finished models out there that I'm aware of, but there some in-progress that people are working on. I think that's mostly because its design isn't finalized, so we'll want to wait for more details about it.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography