Author Topic: LIVE: Commercial Crew (CCtCAP) award decision - KSC 4PM EDT - Sept. 16, 2014  (Read 96466 times)

Offline CuddlyRocket

UPDATES on this thread people. Take discussion to the CCDev to CCiCAP to CCtCAP Discussion Thread or to the individual vehicle discussion threads.

Offline yg1968

• Liked: 7123
  • Likes Given: 3064
Phil McAlister is giving a presentation on commercial crew at the FAA COMSTAC meeting which has just started:
http://faa.capitolconnection.org/#

« Last Edit: 09/17/2014 02:44 pm by yg1968 »

Offline yg1968

Here is a summary of my notes:
-Support of the potential non-NASA market is important for the commercial crew program 
-Five milestones were required for CCtCap; the other ones were up to the provider.
-NASA hopes to get what the President requested for commercial crew in order to be able to fund CCtCap.
-On ramp clause exist which could allow new entrants. This clause could allow more competition down the road.
-Up to the provider to decide if they adopt a rental vs taxi model. Each provider can disclose which model they choose but NASA isn't going to do that at this time.
-Price of each contract includes the six potential post-certification missions.
-Congratulated SNC for their hard work. He said that it was a pleasure to work with them and NASA looks forward to continue working with them on CCiCap and we will see after that (he was likely referring to an unfunded agreement). 
« Last Edit: 09/17/2014 05:08 pm by yg1968 »

Offline robertross

• Canadian Member
  • Westphal, Nova Scotia
  • Liked: 659
  • Likes Given: 7688
Here's my first article on all of this:

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2014/09/dream-chaser-misses-out-cctcap-dragon-cst-100-win/

Was a bit more edgy in draft with more source notes, but decided to straight shoot it in the end as this is about the award. We'll be doing more articles on this over time.

Really good article Chris. I appreciated the way you handled that.

It was a tough day for many in the SNC camp on this side of the fence, and obviously more so on their side. I really feel for them. I hope it survives on.

Offline yg1968

Here is a summary of my notes:
-Support of the potential non-NASA market is important for the commercial crew program 
-Five milestones were required for CCtCap; the other ones were up to the provider.
-NASA hopes to get what the President requested for commercial crew in order to be able to fund CCtCap.
-On ramp clause exist which could allow new entrants. This clause could allow more competition down the road.
-Up to the provider to decide if they adopt a rental vs taxi model. Each provide can disclose which model they selected but NASA isn't going to do that at this time.
-Price of each contract includes the six potential post-certification missions.
-Congratulated SNC for their hard work. He said that it was a pleasure to work with them and NASA looks forward to continue working with them on CCiCap and we will see after that (he was likely referring to an unfunded agreement).

McAlister's presentation is now on YouTube:

« Last Edit: 09/17/2014 05:08 pm by yg1968 »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography