Author Topic: Aegis Testing  (Read 32680 times)

Offline catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8785
  • Likes Given: 7815
Re: Aegis Testing
« Reply #20 on: 06/02/2016 10:22 am »
Aegis BMD System Completes Successful Tracking of Medium-Range Ballistic Missile Target

May 17, 2016 - Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense

Article: http://www.mda.mil/news/16news0003.html

Video: http://www.mda.mil/video/2016-aegis-ftx-21.mp4

« Last Edit: 06/02/2016 10:24 am by catdlr »
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Offline catdlr

« Reply #21 on: 06/02/2016 10:24 am »
MDA Demonstrates Performance of SM-3 Block IB in Successful Flight Tests

May 26, 2016

Article: http://www.mda.mil/news/16news0004.html

Video: http://www.mda.mil/video/2016-aegis-sm-ctv-01a-02.mp4
« Last Edit: 06/02/2016 10:25 am by catdlr »
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
    • Steven Pietrobon's Space Archive
  • Liked: 32735
  • Likes Given: 8178
« Reply #22 on: 06/03/2016 04:52 am »
Here are the videos on YouTube.

Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Offline catdlr

« Reply #23 on: 06/13/2016 08:44 pm »
Aegis BMD Stellar Fireshield (CTV-01a) B-Roll

AegisBMD

Published on Jun 13, 2016
Approved for Public Release (16-MDA-8679)

The Missile Defense Agency and U.S. Navy sailors aboard USS Hopper (DDG 70) successfully conducted two developmental flight tests of the Standard Missile-3 (SM-3) Block IB Threat Upgrade guided missile on May 25 and 26 off the west coast of Hawaii.

The flight tests, designated Controlled Test Vehicle (CTV)-01a and CTV-02, demonstrated the successful performance of design modifications to the SM-3 third-stage rocket motor (TSRM) nozzle. The results of these flight tests will support a future SM-3 Block IB production authorization request.

"Based on the early data, the missiles performed as designed and validated the design modifications we made to further improve the reliability of the SM-3 Block IB," said MDA Director Vice Adm. Jim Syring. "I was very proud of the government and industry team in their performance this week and am appreciative of the support provided by USS Hopper and her great crew."

During each test, Hopper's Aegis Weapon System was prompted to generate a fire control solution and launch an SM-3 against a simulated target. No intercept was planned, and no live target missile was launched. The MDA and the U.S. Navy cooperatively manage the Aegis BMD program.

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4671
  • Likes Given: 768
« Reply #24 on: 08/15/2016 07:02 pm »
Title: Lockheed Martin to Bring Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense to Latest U.S., Korea and Japan Destroyers
Date(s): 15-Aug-2016 1:38 PM

$490 million contract paves way for Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense on new U.S. Navy destroyer, two Japanese Atago-class destroyers and three South Korea KDX-III destroyers

MOORESTOWN, N.J., Aug. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The global Aegis fleet will expand in the U.S., Japan and the Republic of Korea under a $490 million deal with Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) to bring integrated air and missile defense (IAMD) capabilities to new destroyers.
The ships will be equipped with Aegis Baseline 9, the latest evolution of the combat system, capable of IAMD. The Aegis system includes Lockheed Martin's SPY-1 radar, the Navy's most advanced multi-function radar system. When paired with the MK 41 Vertical Launching System, it is capable of delivering missiles for every mission and threat environment in naval warfare.

"Lockheed Martin has a proud record of working hand-in-hand with the U.S. Navy, Japanese Maritime Self Defense Forces and the Republic of Korea Navy," said Jim Sheridan, director of Lockheed Martin Aegis U.S. Navy programs. "We will continue the Lockheed Martin tradition of providing Aegis on-time and on-budget so these destroyers are prepared to meet the evolving demands of securing the U.S. homeland and its allies."

This contract comes on the heels of a successful joint-missile defense exercise in June in which Aegis destroyers from the three nations shared data while detecting and tracking a simulated missile threat.

Under this new production hardware contract, Lockheed Martin will expand the Aegis fleet in the U.S. Navy and in:

Japan: The seventh and eighth Aegis ships will join Japan's fleet. Aegis provides four of Japan's Kongo-class destroyers and two Atago-class destroyers with advanced sea, air and undersea threat detection capabilities. The Self Defense Forces of Japan joined the Aegis family in 1993.

Republic of Korea (RoK): Aegis will join the next three KDX-III Sejong the Great Class destroyers, a multi-purpose destroyer with air and land defense and anti-submarine capabilities. Aegis is aboard three KDX-III destroyers: RoK Sejong the Great, RoK Yulgok Yi I and RoK Seoae Ryu Sungryong, which are the largest surface warfare ships to carry Aegis.
The Republic of Korea joined the international Aegis fleet in 2008, when the navy commissioned the first ship of the class, Sejong the Great.

As the Aegis Combat System Engineering Agent, Lockheed Martin continues to develop new Aegis capabilities and find innovative ways to deploy them across the more than 100 ships in the U.S. and international Aegis Fleets. This innovation is possible in part due to the open architecture of the Aegis Combat System and the Common Source Library, which allows engineers to integrate new systems and capabilities across baselines, as well as affordably distribute the upgrades throughout the fleet in a "build once, use many times" design philosophy.

With more than 40 years of significant investment by the U.S. Navy and its allies, the Aegis Combat System is used globally by six navies. In addition to the U.S., Japan, and the Republic of Korea, Aegis is the maritime weapon system of choice for Australia, Norway and Spain.

For additional information, visit our website: www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/aegis.html

About Lockheed Martin
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 125,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.

Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160815/398098
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20141118/159313LOGO

To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lockheed-martin-to-bring-aegis-ballistic-missile-defense-to-latest-us-korea-and-japan-destroyers-300313497.html

SOURCE Lockheed Martin

Melissa Chadwick, +1 202-740-5997, [email protected]

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
« Reply #25 on: 02/07/2017 02:06 am »
U.S., Japan Successfully Conduct First SM-3 Block IIA Intercept Test

https://www.mda.mil/news/17news0002.html

Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Offline Lewis007

• the Netherlands
  • Liked: 549
  • Likes Given: 122
« Reply #26 on: 06/23/2017 07:14 am »

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
« Reply #27 on: 09/07/2017 05:16 am »
Another test on 29 August.

https://www.mda.mil/news/17news0009.html

"This test, designated Flight Test Standard Missile-27 Event 2 (FTM-27 E2), marks the second time that an SM-6 missile has successfully intercepted a medium-range ballistic missile target."

Offline Lewis007

• the Netherlands
« Reply #28 on: 09/13/2018 09:33 am »
Another Aegis test (Japan Flight Test Mission-05 (JFTM-05)) was conducted on Sep 12.
See: https://www.janes.com/article/82945/japan-aegis-bmd-flight-test-successful-through-intercept

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
« Reply #29 on: 09/13/2018 10:28 am »

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
« Reply #30 on: 09/13/2018 10:31 am »
Get your T-shirts here. Code name is Stellar Fukurou.

https://my.cheddarup.com/c/mda-jftm-05
« Last Edit: 09/13/2018 10:37 am by Steven Pietrobon »

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
« Reply #31 on: 09/13/2018 10:37 am »
And the video.

Offline Olaf

• Germany
  • Liked: 1481
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #32 on: 10/26/2018 04:56 pm »
https://www.mda.mil/news/18news0006.html
U.S. Successfully Conducts SM-3 Block IIA Intercept Test

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
« Reply #33 on: 10/26/2018 11:14 pm »
Video below. Mission is FTM-45 Stellar Alaris on 26 October.

Offline catdlr

« Reply #34 on: 12/12/2018 12:00 am »
SM-3 Block IIA Intercept of IRBM Target (Dec 10, 2018)

Raytheon
Published on Dec 11, 2018

The U.S. Missile Defense Agency and U.S. Navy sailors manning the Aegis Ashore Missile Defense Test Complex at the Pacific Missile Range Facility in Kauai, Hawaii, successfully conducted FTI-03 on Dec. 10, 2018. The SM-3 Block IIA interceptor used the AN/TPY-2 radar’s "engage-on-remote" technology to destroy an intermediate-range ballistic missile target in the first-of-its-kind test from land. Learn more: https://rtn.co/2UyKw7z

Raytheon
Published on Dec 11, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eUpem0MFqM?t=001

« Last Edit: 12/12/2018 12:10 am by catdlr »

Offline Lewis007

• the Netherlands
« Reply #35 on: 12/12/2018 06:21 am »
The FTI-3 Aegis test was called Stellar Wawel.
Attached some pics from the MDA site (no close-ups of the SM-3 Block IIA, unfortunately).

Note: For over a year, I have problems accessing this site. It won't work in my browsers Firefox, Basilisk, or Chrome.
It does work, however, in TOR, after confirming to ignore a certificate issue with this site.

Offline catdlr

« Reply #36 on: 12/13/2018 03:25 am »
This video provides a naration on the test posted above.

SM-3 Block IIA interceptor

Offline catdlr

Offline catdlr

Offline catdlr

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography