Author Topic: FAILURE: Shijian-18 - CZ-5 (Y2) - WSLC, LC101 - July 2, 2017 (11:23 UTC)  (Read 151568 times)

Offline Galactic Penguin SST

Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

There were quite a few people from the Chinese spaceflight forum that are visiting WSLC for this launch and they managed to saw the rollout up close:

(I think that mission logo is just someone's own creation and not the official one)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread will be moved to the live section pending the appearance of live coverage links.
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Offline SmallKing

• Zhejiang, China, the Earth
  • Liked: 189
  • Likes Given: 220
LOX is being loaded
Some are bound for happiness, some are bound to glory, some are bound to live with less, who can tell your story?

Seems like SJ-18 will be at just over 7 tonnes: http://news.xinhuanet.com/mil/2017-07/02/c_129645442.htm

SJ-18 also will test a space based laser communication link that (according to SJ-18 chief designer Li Feng) will reach up to 4.8 GB/s downlink speed. It appears that the a quantum communication payload is on board as well (first ever test from geostationary altitude I think?).

(adding news reports screenshots from CCTV which shows the real thing)
« Last Edit: 07/02/2017 03:49 am by Galactic Penguin SST »

Moved for live coverage.

Offline SmallKing

• Zhejiang, China, the Earth
  • Liked: 189
  • Likes Given: 220
There are some rumors indicate T0 is 19:23L
Some are bound for happiness, some are bound to glory, some are bound to live with less, who can tell your story?

The service platforms over the boosters are being rotated back to the launch position.

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 557
  • Likes Given: 1078
Have you a link for online video coverage please?
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane - WJ.

I'm still looking, but the state media explicitly mentioned that they will do live coverage and they are inviting other media to come so rest assured (?) that they will appear soon.  ;)

Launch time line:

T+0s      Liftoff
T+17s    Pitch program initiated
T+174s  Boosters separation
T+285s  Fairing separation
T+465s  MECO/1st stage separation/2nd stage ignition
T+753s  SECO-1
T+1355s SEI-2
T+1714s SECO-2
T+1810s Spacecraft separation

Source

Upper level opened:

Offline chewi

• Liked: 59
  • Likes Given: 12

Maybe here:

CCTV coverage has started here.
« Last Edit: 07/02/2017 08:21 am by Galactic Penguin SST »

All service platforms have been swung back.
« Last Edit: 07/02/2017 08:44 am by Galactic Penguin SST »

Offline centaurinasa

• CETI Alpha V
  • Liked: 8531
  • Likes Given: 5118
Special coverage on CGTN (in english) Start at 11.00 UTC                                                                                                                                   https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCviqjOZN3ZvDEmZfHuUKCIQ   
« Last Edit: 07/02/2017 09:07 am by centaurinasa »
To boldly go where no human has gone before !

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 557
  • Likes Given: 1078

There appear to be a lot of buffering problems.   Unless it's just my connection, of course.

Does anyone have an idea what the two people in the car are talking about?   Are they travelling to the launch?
« Last Edit: 07/02/2017 09:05 am by Phillip Clark »
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane - WJ.

Offline centaurinasa

• CETI Alpha V

Offline centaurinasa

• CETI Alpha V

Offline akfish

• China
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 0

There appear to be a lot of buffering problems.   Unless it's just my connection, of course.

Does anyone have an idea what the two people in the car are talking about?   Are they travelling to the launch?

Nothing technical. I watched the stream for a few minutes. I believe at one time they were talking about local food such as coconuts and Wenchang chicken. And now they are driving back to the launch complex.

Offline centaurinasa

• CETI Alpha V

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography