Author Topic: I.S.S. (Thriller/Sci-Fi Film)  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Endeavour_01

• Hazards & Risk Analyst in SC, USA
  • Liked: 759
  • Likes Given: 580
I.S.S. (Thriller/Sci-Fi Film)
« on: 12/08/2023 11:42 pm »
Ran across a trailer for a new thriller film set on the ISS set to be released early next year.

At first glance it appears someone actually took the time to research what the exterior and interior of the ISS really looks like. This version looks much more realistic than what was portrayed in "Life".

The overall premise seems to be pretty silly (if a nuclear war happens I doubt anyone in the government would care that much about "taking the ISS") but we'll see how it's portrayed.

I cheer for both NASA and commercial space. For SLS, Orion, Falcon 9, Falcon Heavy, Dragon, Starship/SH, Starliner, Cygnus and all the rest!
I was blessed to see the launch of Space Shuttle Endeavour on STS-99. The launch was beyond amazing. My 8-year old mind was blown. I remember the noise and seeing the exhaust pour out of the shuttle as it lifted off. I remember staring and watching it soar while it was visible in the clear blue sky. It was one of the greatest moments of my life and I will never forget it.

Offline Blackstar

• Veteran
  • Liked: 7651
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: I.S.S. (Thriller/Sci-Fi Film)
« Reply #1 on: 12/09/2023 12:58 am »
Saw that trailer last week and although I think the premise could be a good one, the movie looks... not good.

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8064
  • Likes Given: 7400
« Reply #2 on: 12/09/2023 09:33 am »
Saw that trailer last week and although I think the premise could be a good one, the movie looks... not good.

"Wow, this is not the best time to show a movie about political issues resulting from nuclear annihilation. It would have been better to have an Alien remake occurring on the ISS where two countries try to come closer and work together to resolve the issue."
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Offline Blackstar

• Veteran
  • Liked: 7651
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: 12/09/2023 11:35 pm »

"Wow, this is not the best time to show a movie about political issues resulting from nuclear annihilation. It would have been better to have an Alien remake occurring on the ISS where two countries try to come closer and work together to resolve the issue."

We don't know that that is not in the story--it could be that after they try to kill each other, they realize the pointlessness of what they are doing.

A colleague noted that it has echoes of one of the themes in the movie "2010" where the superpowers are marching towards war and the two space crews have to cooperate with each other.

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8064
  • Likes Given: 7400
« Reply #4 on: 12/10/2023 12:25 am »

We don't know that that is not in the story--it could be that after they try to kill each other, they realize the pointlessness of what they are doing.

A colleague noted that it has echoes of one of the themes in the movie "2010" where the superpowers are marching towards war and the two space crews have to cooperate with each other.

I hope it will be,  thanks.
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography