Author Topic: Does the National Space Council still do anything?  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Eric Hedman

• The birthplace of the solid body electric guitar
  • Liked: 1935
  • Likes Given: 1126
This is the newest thing I could find on the National Space Council from September of last year:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/09/09/fact-sheet-vice-president-harris-announces-commitments-to-inspire-prepare-and-employ-the-space-workforce/

Does it still do anything?

Offline Eric Hedman

• The birthplace of the solid body electric guitar
  • Liked: 1935
  • Likes Given: 1126
Re: Does the National Space Council still do anything?
« Reply #1 on: 12/09/2023 06:04 am »
Since no one has responded with anything the National Space Council does, I am going to assume it is defunct.

I watched some of the meetings online when Mike Pence chaired it and found them quite interesting.  Oh well.

Offline AnalogMan

• Cambridge, UK
  • Liked: 1595
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #2 on: 12/09/2023 10:18 am »
The National Space Council Users' Advisory Group is still meeting (last one was December 1, 2023), so presumably the NSpC still exists to receive any advice they may offer.   ;)

"The function of the National Space Council Users’ Advisory Group (UAG) is solely advisory and shall be to ensure that the interests of industry, other non-Federal entities, and other institutions involved in leading aerospace research, science advancement, technology development, and space operations are represented in a balanced fashion within the National Space Council."

Back in August 2023 there was a note that the 11th meeting of the National Space Council was planned for September 2023, but I could not find anything about such a meeting taking place.

Offline AnalogMan

• Cambridge, UK
  • Liked: 1595
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #3 on: 12/09/2023 10:26 am »
Ah, found a notice for the next National Space Council meeting (for December 20, 2023):

https://spacepolicyonline.com/events/white-house-national-space-council-dec-20-2023-dc/

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography