Author Topic: SpaceX Section Realignment and Thread Housekeeping - Upcoming  (Read 44776 times)

Offline ChrisC

• Veteran
  • Liked: 1537
  • Likes Given: 1741
Took me a little bit to find the Boca Chica thread.  I think that one deserves a "Moved" token thread, in the board=45 General group, like you do for Live coverage.  Make sure the token thread has "Texas" in the name, and even better "Boca Chica", so we see it when scanning for it.

So, now I add board=80 to my regular read sequence ...
« Last Edit: 05/04/2018 03:30 am by ChrisC »
PSA #1: EST does NOT mean "Eastern Time".  Use "Eastern" or "ET" instead, all year round, and avoid this common error.  Google "EST vs EDT".
PSA #2: It's and its: know the difference and quietly impress grammar pedants.  Google "angry flower its" .  *** See profile for two more NSF forum tips. ***

Offline Chris Bergin

Took me a little bit to find the Boca Chica thread.  I think that one deserves a "Moved" token thread, in the board=45 General group, like you do for Live coverage.  Make sure the token thread has "Texas" in the name, and even better "Boca Chica", so we see it when scanning for it.

So, now I add board=80 to my regular read sequence ...

Copy that. Still some moving to do, but it got a bit busy with the reporting side of things. :)

Also, we have the "new threads" to set up for the currently massive continuation threads.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline ChrisC

• Veteran
  • Liked: 1537
  • Likes Given: 1741
I still think that Boca Chica thread deserves a placeholder, per above.

Separately, considering the recent realignment of the SpaceX threads, should the "Where will BFR be built?" / Long Beach thread be moved over to the Facilities and Fleets thread group?

EDIT: and I went to go get that thread URL from the General group to link to it  here, and now I realize that it has already been moved to the new BFR group.  I had used Google to find it.  Ooookay then, nevermind.

You might think about adding "Long Beach" that thread title, or splitting off firm Long Beach construction updates from the usual BFR-could-be-built-over-here idle chatter.
« Last Edit: 05/07/2018 03:05 am by ChrisC »
PSA #1: EST does NOT mean "Eastern Time".  Use "Eastern" or "ET" instead, all year round, and avoid this common error.  Google "EST vs EDT".
PSA #2: It's and its: know the difference and quietly impress grammar pedants.  Google "angry flower its" .  *** See profile for two more NSF forum tips. ***

Offline gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 13846
  • Likes Given: 5915
Separately, considering the recent realignment of the SpaceX threads, should the "Where will BFR be built?" / Long Beach thread be moved over to the Facilities and Fleets thread group?

Done.  BFR Manufacturing Facility in San Pedro (Los Angeles)
« Last Edit: 05/07/2018 02:49 pm by gongora »

Offline CuddlyRocket

You may wish to consider scrapping the SpaceX Reusability section and merging all the threads into SpaceX General. There are few (semi) active threads with hardly any posts to them (probably because reusability is now a given, especially when it comes to SpaceX).

Offline jpo234

• Liked: 2279
  • Likes Given: 2184
Would it be OK to have a (sticky ??) thread with information about SpaceX VIPs?
Just a who is who of the company?
You want to be inspired by things. You want to wake up in the morning and think the future is going to be great. That's what being a spacefaring civilization is all about. It's about believing in the future and believing the future will be better than the past. And I can't think of anything more exciting than being out there among the stars.

Online CorvusCorax

• Germany
  • Liked: 3978
  • Likes Given: 2728
You may wish to consider scrapping the SpaceX Reusability section and merging all the threads into SpaceX General. There are few (semi) active threads with hardly any posts to them (probably because reusability is now a given, especially when it comes to SpaceX).

Seconded. SpaceX had many reuseability irons in the fire, but with Falcon9 design frozen, S2 reusebility no longer persued, S1 reusability routine, and even fairings reflown, the only significant progress on that front is in the Starship development.

And that has its own section, making the Reusability section redundant (although interesting from a historical point of view)

Especially since the most progress on F9 reusability is with fairing recovery ships, which are covered by the "facilities and fleet" section.

Offline rakaydos

• Liked: 1865
  • Likes Given: 69
On the front page right now, there are10 starlink related posts one small sat related post plus the starlink index. It might be time for a separate starlink and satellite business sub forum

Offline Jansen

• Liked: 2235
  • Likes Given: 373
On the front page right now, there are10 starlink related posts one small sat related post plus the starlink index. It might be time for a separate starlink and satellite business sub forum

Think this deserves a bump. Starlink is ramping up rapidly and so are the number of topics. It deserves its own sub forum.

Offline meekGee

• N. California
  • Liked: 14030
  • Likes Given: 1391

Think this deserves a bump. Starlink is ramping up rapidly and so are the number of topics. It deserves its own sub forum.

Double Bump.  Can't find "general SpaceX" threads in there anymore.  And it's more like 20 now.
ABCD - Always Be Counting Down

Offline Robotbeat

• Minnesota
  • Liked: 25224
  • Likes Given: 12114

Double Bump.  Can't find "general SpaceX" threads in there anymore.  And it's more like 20 now.
agreed with this. Said this in the Starlink General thread:
Separate topic, but since Starlink is likely to be the majority of SpaceX's revenue in a year or two, it probably makes sense to consolidate a couple of the SpaceX forum subsections and create a new Starlink subsection. The top 4 threads on this current subforum are Starlink-related.
Starlink is about to become a major part of how the public sees SpaceX and a majority of their revenue.
Chris  Whoever loves correction loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

To the maximum extent practicable, the Federal Government shall plan missions to accommodate the space transportation services capabilities of United States commercial providers. US law http://goo.gl/YZYNt0

Offline b.lorenz

• EU
  • Liked: 25
  • Likes Given: 9
Could not the sticky threads in the SS/SH section be realigned?

Other than the "First Posters Guide" they seem to all refer to Hopper or old Articles. The currently premier prototype's update thread, and the "SS Ecosystem Tweet updates" could use that screen real estate.

Offline Johnnyhinbos

• Boston, MA
  • Liked: 8095
  • Likes Given: 943
Yeah, the Lunar Starship, HLS Starship, Artemis Starship, ad nauseam, is a complete hot mess...
John Hanzl. Author, action / adventure www.johnhanzl.com

Offline born01930

• Pandora's box
  • Liked: 80
  • Likes Given: 24
Could not the sticky threads in the SS/SH section be realigned?

Other than the "First Posters Guide" they seem to all refer to Hopper or old Articles. The currently premier prototype's update thread, and the "SS Ecosystem Tweet updates" could use that screen real estate.

second'd

Offline enzo

• USA
  • Liked: 118
  • Likes Given: 884
Squeaky wheel in search of grease.

(-) Reusability

(+) Starlink

(-) Facilities and Fleets
  (+) Operations and Infrastructure

(-) Missions
  (+) F9 & Dragon Missions

(-) Starship/SH
  (+) Starship/SH/Raptor Hardware & Development
  (+) Starship/SH Test Flights & Missions 
  (+) Cislunar and Lunar Starship Programs (Starship Earth & Moon)
  (+) Advanced Concepts and Translunar Starship (Starship Mars and Beyond)

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography