Author Topic: Information about Angara rocket  (Read 399288 times)

Offline Salo Ukr

• Odessa, Ukraine
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Information about Angara rocket
« Reply #80 on: 07/20/2012 06:33 am »

Offline Prober

• Save the spin....I'm keeping you honest!
  • Nevada
  • Liked: 721
  • Likes Given: 729
« Reply #81 on: 07/21/2012 04:13 pm »
Pads look very different from the way Zenit and Proton pads are designed.  Why the change in pad design?
2017 - Everything Old is New Again.
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant..." --Isoroku Yamamoto

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4671
  • Likes Given: 768
« Reply #82 on: 07/21/2012 10:20 pm »
Pads look very different from the way Zenit and Proton pads are designed.  Why the change in pad design?
For starters, look at the fixed servicing and launch umbilical tower, resemble to a degree, of the former Energia Launch System's FSS structures at Site 108(? N1 pads), but are consolidated into a compact structure with connected walkways between the two tower. The Servicing arm structures closely resemble the design used for Chinese FSS arms.

Also if look on google earth (overhead and 40 degree viewing angles) for the launch complex Iran is building to support larger/more powerful rockets, the FSS almost completely identical in size and design, which also makes me wonder if Russia is somewhat involved given the similarities.

Offline Rahkashi

« Reply #83 on: 07/21/2012 10:46 pm »
According to an MSNBC article (which I can't link to because I'm using my iPhone), the PPTS will be using the Angara A5 as its launcher, in light of Rus-M getting the axe.

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: 07/21/2012 10:58 pm »
According to an MSNBC article (which I can't link to because I'm using my iPhone), the PPTS will be using the Angara A5 as its launcher, in light of Rus-M getting the axe.
We already know this. This section is for the Angara LV, not PPTS and Rus-M, which has its own thread. Rus-M LV was not planned for Plesetsk.

Offline sdsds

• “With peace and hope for all mankind.”
  • Seattle
  • Liked: 2050
  • Likes Given: 1962
« Reply #85 on: 07/21/2012 11:03 pm »

You might be referring to Rob Coppinger's article titled, "Russia Converts Unmanned Rocket to Carry New Crewed Spaceship," which is available at:
http://www.space.com/16658-russia-crew-spacecraft-angara-rocket.html
— 𝐬𝐝𝐒𝐝𝐬 —

Offline hkultala

• Liked: 748
  • Likes Given: 945
« Reply #86 on: 07/26/2012 07:33 pm »
Will the multi-core versions of angara(3,5,7) use cross-feed?

And is it true that A5P does not have a second stage? without cross-feed this would have severe effect on capacity as it would be almost like SSTO but cross-feed helps a lot(makes it practically TSTO) and makes if feasible?

Offline baldusi

• Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Liked: 2539
  • Likes Given: 8273
« Reply #87 on: 07/27/2012 03:23 am »

And is it true that A5P does not have a second stage? without cross-feed this would have severe effect on capacity as it would be almost like SSTO but cross-feed helps a lot(makes it practically TSTO) and makes if feasible?
I've seen a picture of an Angara cross feed connection on a Falcon Heavy discussion.

Offline Danderman

• Extreme Veteran
  • Liked: 699
  • Likes Given: 723
« Reply #88 on: 07/27/2012 05:54 pm »
Also if look on google earth (overhead and 40 degree viewing angles) for the launch complex Iran is building to support larger/more powerful rockets, the FSS almost completely identical in size and design, which also makes me wonder if Russia is somewhat involved given the similarities.

If the Iranian launch complex is that close in design to the Angara site, the implication is that someone from  KBTM (which is now a part of Tsenki) may be helping them.

Offline baldusi

• Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Liked: 2539
  • Likes Given: 8273
« Reply #89 on: 07/27/2012 05:57 pm »

First link on google (on this very site):
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=28424.msg877014#msg877014

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: 07/27/2012 10:41 pm »
If the Iranian launch complex is that close in design to the Angara site, the implication is that someone from  KBTM (which is now a part of Tsenki) may be helping them.
The picture below is what it looks like. The only major difference on the FSS is the diagonal beams on the back of the FSS Tower. The launch mount at base and to the tower matches the 35/1 launch mount dimensions with enough space for slots for four additional booster cores similar to the design of A5.
The location of the tower is placed identical to 35/1. On Google Earth it looks like it is nearing 90+% completion.
However, the Iranian complex more closely resembles Chinese and the recently built North Korean pads. The Rocket however is an orbital derivative of R-27 SLBM.
Goto: http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=11734.100 for related info
-------
Wikileaks release also contains some information about North-Korea supplying Iran with missile technology. It seems that Iran now has missiles based on the Russian R-27 SLBM.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/29/world/middleeast/29missiles.html?_r=1
-------
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO1003/S00147.htm

original article:
Imagery of Construction of New Launch Site in Iran

Saturday, 6 March 2010, 12:36 pm
Press Release: IHS Inc.
IHS Jane’s Analyses Satellite Imagery of Construction of New Launch Site in Iran

LONDON (5 March 2010) Through the use of commercial satellite imagery from DigitalGlobe and GeoEye, IHS Jane’s has revealed that a new launch pad is being constructed at Iran’s Semnan space centre that could ultimately launch Tehran’s next-generation Simorgh rocket.

To view satellite image:
http://press.ihs.com/ihsjanes/imagegallery/

Jane’s Defence Weekly, 4 March 2010, reported that Iran unveiled the Simorgh space-launch vehicle (SLV) on 3 February, but as of March 2010 has not publicly revealed the location of the rocket’s launch complex. However, IHS Jane’s has observed a new site four kilometres northeast of Iran’s existing launch facility at Semnan on a WorldView-2 satellite image dated 6 February 2010. It contains a gantry tower, which is 13 metres wide, approximately18 – 20 metres tall and has a cliff-side flame bucket nearly as high as the tower itself. It appears midway towards completion. Although the tower is not yet tall enough to facilitate vertical assembly of the 27-metre Simorgh, the launch pad could easily accommodate Iran’s new rocket if the gantry were to be extended by an additional 10 metres.

In addition to this site, IHS Jane’s has observed another facility two and a half kilometers to the southwest; between the new site and the existing one. Although this facility is in early stages of construction, its heavily secured nature and restricted access indicate it is a primary element of the newly constructed complex.

Using satellite imagery from the Ikonos and WorldView-2 satellites taken on 11 February 2010, IHS Jane’s has identified the Simorgh and Safir-2 rockets displayed during the pro-revolution rallies in Tehran’s Azadi Square. The commercial satellite imagery is coded with geographic metadata that enables IHS Jane’s to garner several accurate measurements of the Simorgh.

The development of the Semnan facility and the Simorgh SLV both demonstrate the likelihood of collaboration with North Korea in Iran’s missile programme. The platforms seen on the new gantry tower resemble those seen on the gantry tower at North Korea’s new launch pad at Tongchang. A drainage pit 170 metres directly in front of the pad also mirrors one at Pyongyang’s new west-coast launch site. Similarly, the first stage of the Simorgh strongly resembles the North Korean Unha-2, with four clustered engines and nearly the same dimensions.

IHS Jane’s concludes that given these investments in its missile infrastructure, and despite the United States attempting to garner support for further sanctions against Iran for its nuclear programme, Tehran appears determined to continue developing its missile and rocket capabilities in the foreseeable future.

Further analysis of the Simorgh 3 SLV and the new installation at Semnan can be viewed at jmr.janes.com and in the April edition of Jane's Missiles and Rockets .

IHS Jane’s is an IHS (NYSE: IHS) company.

ENDS
© Scoop Media
« Last Edit: 07/27/2012 11:51 pm by russianhalo117 »

Offline Salo Ukr

• Odessa, Ukraine

Offline hkultala

• Liked: 748
  • Likes Given: 945
« Reply #92 on: 07/28/2012 08:57 am »

First link on google (on this very site):
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=28424.msg877014#msg877014

So, there are unidirectional valves between the boosters and core, and some kind of pressurization system to put more pressure to the tanks of the boosters?

My russian skills are not good enough to really understand most of the components. How is the pressurization done? and can they get enough pressure to make the core ful or almost full during separation? or will it be like "half full" ?

And how do they control that same amount of fuel comes from all boosters, so that  they run out of fuel at the same time?

Offline Salo Ukr

• Odessa, Ukraine

Offline HappyMartian

• Tap the Moon's water!
  • Asia
  • Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #94 on: 08/08/2012 08:12 am »
Russia readies rocket for Moon flight  By Alexander Sotov   August 8, 2012
http://indrus.in/articles/2012/08/08/russia_readies_rocket_for_moon_flight_16867.html

"Testing is underway at the Plesetsk Cosmodrome in preparation for launch of Russia’s new Angara rocket, according to the press service of the Russian Ministry of Defense. The tests began in late July and will last three months."

And, "The range of rockets under development will be able to lift from 1.5 to 25 tons into low Earth orbit. But, as Russian media have already reported, Russia will use the Angara as the basis for a superheavy rocket, capable of launching manned flights to the Moon."
"The Moon is the most accessible destination for realizing commercial, exploration and scientific objectives beyond low Earth orbit." - LEAG

Offline zaitcev

• mee.nu:zaitcev:space
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #95 on: 09/25/2012 03:46 pm »
Greetings from our sister forum, a 3D-video Angara manufacturing:

Offline Prober

• Nevada
« Reply #96 on: 09/25/2012 04:09 pm »
nice video.....lots of friction stir machines.

Offline Danderman

• Extreme Veteran
  • Liked: 699
  • Likes Given: 723
« Reply #97 on: 10/25/2012 05:01 am »
I haven't seen this posted yet, it's a web page of photos of the Angara MIK in Plesetsk:

http://www.novosti-kosmonavtiki.ru/content/photogallery/gallery_240/index.shtml

Offline LeVent

« Last Edit: 10/25/2012 03:40 pm by LeVent »

Offline Prober

• Nevada
« Reply #99 on: 10/25/2012 06:25 pm »
The pics look strange......like the project is worked on and off when funds are available or something?

The rust and amount of weeds show the fixure isn't used much.

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography