Author Topic: SpaceX Manifest Updates Thread 5  (Read 993488 times)

Online gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 13885
  • Likes Given: 5933
Re: SpaceX Manifest Updates Thread 5
« Reply #240 on: 01/25/2018 10:03 pm »
This is not the thread for random rumors.  Everything I've seen points to Hispasat being on a Block 4.  There is no indication a Block 5 would be ready for that flight.  Even if there were, it's probably still expendable at that payload mass.

It will be expended.

Next Falcon 9 launch is set to be expendable. Drone ship's next job will be to catch the center core of the Falcon Heavy.

https://twitter.com/NASASpaceflight/status/956612001287065601

That's for GovSat-1.

Offline FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 81676
  • Likes Given: 36940
« Reply #241 on: 01/26/2018 08:44 pm »
Falcon Heavy demo:

Launch date, per the current plan:

NET Feb 6th with backup on the 7th.

Launch window each day is 13:30-16:30 EST.
« Last Edit: 01/26/2018 08:45 pm by FutureSpaceTourist »

Offline M.E.T.

• Liked: 2912
  • Likes Given: 508
« Reply #242 on: 01/27/2018 02:45 pm »
Apologies if this has been discussed previously. I just popped in to see the expected launches for the next month or so, and noticed the currently projected gap after the third February launch and before the first March launch.

Is there really expected to be in excess of a 1 month gap between Hispasat on 15 Feb, and the next launch, which appears to be Iridium on 18 March?

Or are there potential launches that can be shifted into that slot should all go according to plan?

Online gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
« Reply #243 on: 01/27/2018 03:08 pm »
Apologies if this has been discussed previously. I just popped in to see the expected launches for the next month or so, and noticed the currently projected gap after the third February launch and before the first March launch.

Is there really expected to be in excess of a 1 month gap between Hispasat on 15 Feb, and the next launch, which appears to be Iridium on 18 March?

Or are there potential launches that can be shifted into that slot should all go according to plan?

Keep in mind there are 4 flights in about two weeks scheduled right before that gap and 5 flights in the month after it.  The dates could change to spread out a little more, or not.  Not even counting SES-12, which is unknown right now, it looks like 10 flights through mid-April.  That's slightly ahead of the pace they would need to meet their launch goals this year.

Offline drnscr

• Liked: 121
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #244 on: 02/01/2018 12:13 am »
I’m really sorry to be stupid but... If Hispasat is going to launch on 15 Feb, does anyone have an estimate of launch time.  Since I’m headed to Daytona for speed week, I’d love to get to see the launch instead of going to Thursday night’s races.

Offline vaporcobra

« Reply #245 on: 02/01/2018 12:29 am »
I’m really sorry to be stupid but... If Hispasat is going to launch on 15 Feb, does anyone have an estimate of launch time.  Since I’m headed to Daytona for speed week, I’d love to get to see the launch instead of going to Thursday night’s races.

I wouldn't plan on Feb 15 at this point. I believe that is a public placeholder for "mid-February" at this point in time, we haven't been given a more specific date yet.
« Last Edit: 02/01/2018 12:29 am by gongora »

Online gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
« Reply #246 on: 02/01/2018 12:47 pm »
Tweet from Airbus Space:
Spanish radar #satellite #PAZ, built by @AirbusSpace, to be launched on the 17th of Feb. with a @SpaceX #Falcon9 rocket.

Online gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
« Reply #247 on: 02/01/2018 02:32 pm »

I wouldn't plan on Feb 15 at this point. I believe that is a public placeholder for "mid-February" at this point in time, we haven't been given a more specific date yet.

...and there it goes.  Moving at least a week to the right.

https://spaceflightnow.com/launch-schedule/
http://www.launchphotography.com/Delta_4_Atlas_5_Falcon_9_Launch_Viewing.html

Offline drnscr

• Liked: 121
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #248 on: 02/01/2018 03:35 pm »

...and there it goes.  Moving at least a week to the right.

https://spaceflightnow.com/launch-schedule/

Guess I’ll be at Daytona International Speedway for the races
http://www.launchphotography.com/Delta_4_Atlas_5_Falcon_9_Launch_Viewing.html

Offline Bubbinski

« Reply #249 on: 02/02/2018 07:34 pm »
I’d be very interested in the latest info on the TESS launch, planning a launch trip. Is March 20 doable or is it moving to the right like one note upthread hinted?
I'll even excitedly look forward to "flags and footprints" and suborbital missions. Just fly...somewhere.

Online gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
« Reply #250 on: 02/02/2018 07:38 pm »
I’d be very interested in the latest info on the TESS launch, planning a launch trip. Is March 20 doable or is it moving to the right like one note upthread hinted?

I haven't seen anything about the TESS date moving.  That doesn't mean it won't.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Dante2121

• United States
  • Liked: 86
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #251 on: 02/04/2018 10:54 am »
The relative lack of launches in 2019 is concerning for spacex's long term ability to fund BFR.  Seems like once they are through this year they have little left to do.

Offline ATPTourFan

• Liked: 79
  • Likes Given: 4342
« Reply #252 on: 02/04/2018 12:55 pm »
Why do we have a tendency to worry about such things simply due to lack of information shared with the public? I feel it's better to take the position that SpaceX has tons of very, very smart people who achieve extraordinary things by making good decisions and well-informed, yet flexible plans.

Offline AncientU

• Liked: 4164
  • Likes Given: 6078
« Reply #253 on: 02/04/2018 05:48 pm »
The relative lack of launches in 2019 is concerning for spacex's long term ability to fund BFR.  Seems like once they are through this year they have little left to do.

Launch revenue isn't funding BFR... according to EM.  The Starlink constellation is the revenue stream.  2019 is kick-off year to get it launched, so only having 15-20 flights to cover for others leaves room for 20 or more of their own flights; this should get something like the first half of 800 sats launched -- the minimum number needed to go operational.  These 20 or whatever number of launches are not shown on this thread's manifest, but maybe should be added in some 'bulk' form.
« Last Edit: 02/04/2018 05:49 pm by AncientU »
"If we shared everything [we are working on] people would think we are insane!"
-- SpaceX friend of mlindner

Offline jpo234

• Liked: 2280
  • Likes Given: 2184
« Reply #254 on: 02/04/2018 06:11 pm »
How does the global manifest look like for that year?
You want to be inspired by things. You want to wake up in the morning and think the future is going to be great. That's what being a spacefaring civilization is all about. It's about believing in the future and believing the future will be better than the past. And I can't think of anything more exciting than being out there among the stars.

Offline pb2000

• Calgary, AB
  • Liked: 759
  • Likes Given: 237
« Reply #255 on: 02/04/2018 06:44 pm »
At the price point SpaceX is offering, I don't think they're going to have any trouble keeping the manifest full for the foreseeable future.
Launches attended: Worldview-4 (Atlas V 401), Iridium NEXT Flight 1 (Falcon 9 FT), PAZ+Starlink (Falcon 9 FT), Arabsat-6A (Falcon Heavy)
Pilgrimaged to: Boca Chica (09/19 & 01/22)

Online gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
« Reply #256 on: 02/04/2018 09:29 pm »
This thread is for the flights on the SpaceX manifest.

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 11864
  • Likes Given: 11086
« Reply #257 on: 02/04/2018 09:48 pm »
Pursuant to that, it's too early to put any notional StarLink launches on, no? Or is it?
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Offline IanThePineapple

« Reply #258 on: 02/04/2018 10:01 pm »
Pursuant to that, it's too early to put any notional StarLink launches on, no? Or is it?

I think it's too early, we know very little about Starlink at this point.

Heck, we don't even know where they will launch from, and on which vehicle. F9? FH? BFR? Cape? Vandy?

Offline Robotbeat

• Minnesota
  • Liked: 25240
  • Likes Given: 12115
« Reply #259 on: 02/06/2018 02:44 am »

I think it's too early, we know very little about Starlink at this point.

Heck, we don't even know where they will launch from, and on which vehicle. F9? FH? BFR? Cape? Vandy?
Yes. To all those.
Chris  Whoever loves correction loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

To the maximum extent practicable, the Federal Government shall plan missions to accommodate the space transportation services capabilities of United States commercial providers. US law http://goo.gl/YZYNt0

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography