Author Topic: NASASpaceflight.com L2 Overview and Q&A (2010 to 2015)  (Read 302244 times)

Offline thebartonfox

• UK
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: NASASpaceflight.com L2 Updated Overview and Q&A
« Reply #100 on: 05/12/2012 09:22 pm »
All this talk about L2 for the COTS 2+ mission has finally persuaded me to upgrade. I think I'd better wait until my exams have finished though, I think the amount of revision I get done would suffer dramatically if I upgrade before ;)
I'm now selfishly hoping the mission is delayed again, that way I might get mission  coverage as well...
Tom

Offline kcrick

• Connecticut
  • Liked: 23
  • Likes Given: 2630
« Reply #101 on: 05/18/2012 01:47 am »

Sorry it's taken this long (been very busy) but thanks Chris for the quick upgrade to L2 !!

Sent in the money and within a few minutes I refreshed my browser and - WOW !! Really is a lot of good content !!

Thanks !
Kevin

Offline spectre9

• Australia
  • Liked: 42
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #102 on: 05/18/2012 02:56 am »
When you go through and find something good say thanks and bump the thread.

It helps those that haven't been on there forever find some of the old stuff.

Somebody bumped some info on the ATK MLAS today that I had no idea was even there. Awesome presentation  8)
« Last Edit: 05/18/2012 02:57 am by spectre9 »

Offline d3jf

• Global Moderator
  • Brno, Czech Republic
  • Liked: 49
  • Likes Given: 186
« Reply #103 on: 05/18/2012 06:48 am »
When you go through and find something good say thanks and bump the thread.

It helps those that haven't been on there forever find some of the old stuff.

Somebody bumped some info on the ATK MLAS today that I had no idea was even there. Awesome presentation  8)

Not sure how good that idea is... I like hitting a random page and check its content rather than having some old info bumped to the top where most current content should be.
But that's just my opinion...

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #104 on: 05/20/2012 06:51 am »
Thanks for the great comments above. Really appreciated! :)

Sorry it's taken this long (been very busy) but thanks Chris for the quick upgrade to L2 !!

Sent in the money and within a few minutes I refreshed my browser and - WOW !! Really is a lot of good content !!

Thanks !

Relevant to this, please note - and as listed on the main L2 sign up page - payments for L2 between 8am GMT and 9pm GMT today (Sunday, May 20, 2012) will result in member upgrading at just after 9pm.

This is because we don't use an automated system, I personally upgrade new members and welcome them (personal service is best, especially for point of contact etc.) However, I'll be in London all day with no internet/e-mail access, praying for a York City win at Wembley Stadium. (Massive game I can't miss. I'm so deleting this if we lose :D)

So if anyone pays for L2 access between the above times, I'll upgrade you and send you a welcome/confirmation/thank you e-mail and PM when I'm back later today (should be 9pm GMT).

EDIT:
And back to normal now, a win later, and a promotion later!! ;D
« Last Edit: 05/20/2012 08:43 pm by Chris Bergin »
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline SpaceXFanMan

• Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #105 on: 05/24/2012 08:10 am »
Hey Chris, great site! Thanks for the cool coverage of the Dragon mission. Supporting the site for just that although I know there's a SpaceX section tempting me! :D

Can only join for two months, but hope it helps.

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #106 on: 05/24/2012 08:22 am »
Hey Chris, great site! Thanks for the cool coverage of the Dragon mission. Supporting the site for just that although I know there's a SpaceX section tempting me! :D

Can only join for two months, but hope it helps.

Thanks very much! And yes, it all helps! :)
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline ManelR

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #107 on: 06/03/2012 04:02 pm »
Hi everyone I really love the coverage provided by this site, really is great. I am in Spain and wish to join L2. How do I work out what the payment for 20 dollars is in Euros at this moment in time?

Offline Justin Space

• Extreme Veteran
  • England
  • Liked: 91
  • Likes Given: 293
« Reply #108 on: 06/03/2012 04:10 pm »
Hi everyone I really love the coverage provided by this site, really is great. I am in Spain and wish to join L2. How do I work out what the payment for 20 dollars is in Euros at this moment in time?

You don't have to worry about that. It's in US dollars, so you enter 19.99 and it converts it to your local currency automatically and shows you what it works out in your currency before you pay! :)

Offline ManelR

« Reply #109 on: 06/03/2012 04:17 pm »

You don't have to worry about that. It's in US dollars, so you enter 19.99 and it converts it to your local currency automatically and shows you what it works out in your currency before you pay! :)

Oh great, thanks!!

Offline FinalFrontier

• Space Watcher
  • Liked: 1332
  • Likes Given: 173
« Reply #110 on: 06/04/2012 04:46 pm »
Wanted to say that L2 is simply fantastic.

Literally tons of information there that you wont find anywhere else.
3-30-2017: The start of a great future
"Live Long and Prosper"

Offline Morten C.

• Copenhagen, Denmark
    • twitter.com/MortenCu
« Reply #111 on: 06/17/2012 08:04 am »
Hi all
Thanks for a great site, amazing what information/knowledge you can find on here, both in the article and forum.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section

I have been a silence lurking for some years now (after i found a thread about Copenhagen Suborbitals first launch attempt back in 2010), and now i am thinking about becoming a silence member and trying out the L2 section.
I was wondering about what information there is about the earlier years, like the 2. generation rockets, like the Viking rocket etc. and the early space programs like Mercury and Gemini etc.

Thanks

Regards
Morten

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #112 on: 06/17/2012 09:57 am »
Hi Morten -

I'll probably merge this with the main L2 Q&A thread later, but it's a good question as we don't mention our L2 historical section enough.

I don't know too much about the early days (knowledge wise), so I'll ask someone else to correctly note the sort of items we have, but we have A LOT, right back to the first days of the Cape, tons of hi res photos of the old vehicles (Atlas, Titan, Vanguard, AFMTC and AMR etc.) Gemini, Apollo, Saturn V, videos, manuals and such.

I'll also do some "Historical Tag" screenshots for a good list sample later today (it's very long).

So give us today and we'll provide what you need, and it gives us an opportunity to give a good idea of what we have.

Offline Morten C.

• Copenhagen, Denmark
    • twitter.com/MortenCu
« Reply #113 on: 06/17/2012 01:40 pm »
Thanks a lot Chris

Regards
Morten

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #114 on: 06/17/2012 08:03 pm »
Ok, first, this is how I got the list that follows.

L2 is eight main sections. There's also several hundred subsections - called the L2 Tag Cloud.

There's a lot more "historical" space flight than the list that follows, but from clicking the historical tab, a good sample list can be produced.

This is half of the L2 tag cloud in view.

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #115 on: 06/17/2012 08:05 pm »
Point is, there's a lot more, but it may have been tagged "Gemini" or "Video" or "Images" etc. This is the list that was tagged with "Historical". A lot of the old shuttle missions are missing from "Historical" but would be found under "STS-XX".

Most items on the list contain numberous presentations or images, etc.

Click to enlarge each screenshot.
« Last Edit: 06/17/2012 08:07 pm by Chris Bergin »

Offline riney

• mild-mannered mad scientist
  • Charleston, SC
    • my blog
  • Liked: 13
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #116 on: 06/17/2012 11:51 pm »
For starters, search for posts by Art LeBrun. His photographic archives are mind-blowing.

--riney

Offline spectre9

• Australia
  • Liked: 42
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #117 on: 06/18/2012 01:31 am »
The contributors to L2 have uploaded incredible imagery from all eras of space flight.

Saturn, Mercury, Gemini it's all there.

Just ventured into the Gemini 6&7 rendezvous thread for the first time  :o

Trust me Morten well worth it just for the content you're asking about here.
« Last Edit: 06/18/2012 01:36 am by Chris Bergin »

Offline Tony T. Harris

• Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #118 on: 06/19/2012 04:06 am »
L2 is astonishing. Really enjoying the SLS and Commercial Vehicle content. STS was covered in depth and is an amazing repository and historical is superb. I'm getting to see things I didn't when I was actually there!

Finally a good use for the internet!
Former Saturn V propulsion systems lead engineer.

Offline rickl

• Pennsylvania, USA
  • Liked: 146
  • Likes Given: 150
« Reply #119 on: 06/19/2012 11:20 am »
When I discovered* this site in late December 2010, it was only a few days before my birthday so I treated myself to an L2 subscription.  The historical material alone is worth it.  The "Old School" thread all by itself is almost worth the subscription price.

(*When I attempted to register, I found out that I had already registered in 2007, but never commented.  I have no idea how that happened.  Why would I have gone to the trouble to register but not comment, and why did I completely forget about the site for over three years?  It's a mystery.)
The Space Age is just starting to get interesting.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography