Author Topic: COBI Smithsonian Space Shuttle Discovery and Hubble Telescope + Lunar Module  (Read 2641 times)

Offline Bubbinski

Been a while since I posted here. I needed a brick project to help me de-stress during work and I got the COBI Shuttle Discovery and Lunar Module sets from Squadron during their Black Friday sale. I’ve now finished the Shuttle/HST combo and am working on the LEM. (I did a mod to the shuttle, I didn’t like how it looked with the wheels so I bought some black bricks and a base to make a stand). Enjoy.
I'll even excitedly look forward to "flags and footprints" and suborbital missions. Just fly...somewhere.

Offline Bubbinski

More pictures of the Shuttle/HST combo. Makes a decent display with the LEGO Saturn V and Mars Curiosity.
« Last Edit: 12/20/2017 03:53 am by Bubbinski »
I'll even excitedly look forward to "flags and footprints" and suborbital missions. Just fly...somewhere.

Offline Bubbinski

In progress shot of the LEM. Cobi is a European company that makes some pretty neat brick sets of WW2 aircraft, tanks, and other things, and I’m glad they did these sets. Earlier this year I built the COBI P-40 Warhawk which my grandpa flew in advanced training and put in his bedroom. I can see myself building more of these, particularly if they get into more space subjects.
« Last Edit: 12/20/2017 03:58 am by Bubbinski »

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 11864
  • Likes Given: 11086
Can't see ever buying any clones, as they are all riding on the coattails of the real thing. But at least COBI doesn't blatantly rip off designs (and box artwork) the way Lepin does.

Thanks for sharing.
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Offline Bubbinski

I’ve finished the LEM in time for New Year’s Eve, to greet 2018 and get it started off right.
« Last Edit: 12/31/2017 10:22 pm by Bubbinski »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography