Author Topic: SpaceX's Autonomous Spaceport Drone Ship Updates and Discussion Thread 3  (Read 1424097 times)

Online matthewkantar

• Liked: 2506
  • Likes Given: 2211
Yes, joke, and a poke at the inefficiency of Roomba vacs.

Matthew

Offline MarekCyzio

Today

Offline MarekCyzio

Looks like this new part of blast wall will slide up.

Online matthewkantar

This is from where the wall was removed. Looks like it will project out from the blast wall. The gray primer gives it away as new, but what is it?

Online matthewkantar

This is from the other side of the removed wall. Looks like hinges for the garage door I speculated about.

Edit, removed a stray 'd'
« Last Edit: 02/11/2017 04:55 pm by matthewkantar »

Offline MarekCyzio

GO twins and Elsbeth III (?)

Offline MarekCyzio

This is from where the wall was removed. Looks like it will project out from the blast wall. The gray primer gives it away as new, but what is it?

I think this is a mount for hydraulic cylinder that will raise part of the blast wall. 

Offline Alastor

• Liked: 306
  • Likes Given: 573

I think the wall will slide up. This might be the slider's guiding part (I guess the hydrolic system would be lower down or further back)

Offline maximlevitsky

• Liked: 87
  • Likes Given: 103
Any more pictures from the ship that we all love?  :)  :)  :)

Online FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 81636
  • Likes Given: 36932
Ran into #spacex recovery fleet today in Port Canaveral with @TrevorMahlmann and @Restrantek  !

https://twitter.com/craig_vg/status/833081991528591360

Offline MarekCyzio

Interesting discussion happening on Facebook:
Link

Possible sighting of the beast...
« Last Edit: 02/20/2017 08:51 pm by gongora »

Offline Jarnis

• Liked: 830
  • Likes Given: 201
Could you elaborate a bit more. Not all of us use the abomination that is Facebook.

Offline MarekCyzio

Could you elaborate a bit more. Not all of us use the abomination that is Facebook.

Looks like I accidentally snapped a photo of SpaceX robot that will be used on OCISLY.

Offline jpo234

• Liked: 2280
  • Likes Given: 2184

You can follow the link without signing up. It's a discussion about upgrades to the SpaceHab facility at Port Canaveral.
You want to be inspired by things. You want to wake up in the morning and think the future is going to be great. That's what being a spacefaring civilization is all about. It's about believing in the future and believing the future will be better than the past. And I can't think of anything more exciting than being out there among the stars.

Offline Jarnis

• Liked: 830
  • Likes Given: 201

You can follow the link without signing up. It's a discussion about upgrades to the SpaceHab facility at Port Canaveral.

Didn't work for me. Spouted some security catchpa Incorrect.

Online rsdavis9

All I see in the facebook link is 2 pics of something being constructed/worked on under a tent. Is that where the beast is?
With ELV best efficiency was the paradigm. The new paradigm is reusable, good enough, and commonality of design.
Same engines. Design once. Same vehicle. Design once. Reusable. Build once.

Offline DatUser14

• Liked: 191
  • Likes Given: 651
Marek, could you upload those pics here?
Titan IVB was a cool rocket

Offline MarekCyzio

Marek, could you upload those pics here?
Of course!

Offline MarekCyzio

And one more

Offline Paul_G

And to put those individual pictures into context here is the link (and image) from Google Maps

Paul

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography