Author Topic: Other US Launchers Section Header  (Read 17439 times)

Offline Chris Bergin

Other US Launchers Section Header
« on: 08/19/2012 11:56 pm »
This is a split section, allowing for a specific section for the ULA vehicles.

If you see threads that should be moved into here, please click "report to moderator" on any post on the thread and add "please move to US launchers" on the note.

Remember, we now have specific sections for Commercial Crew related vehicles, Orbital, SpaceX and ULA.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline tigerade

• Low Earth Orbit
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: Other US Launchers Section Header
« Reply #1 on: 08/20/2012 12:29 am »
Pardon my ignorance, but what other US launchers are there besides ULA, SpaceX, and Orbital?  The Commercial Crew vehicles have their own section, and Commercial Spaceflight General is for new space firms like Armadillo, Master and Virgin.  I'm just curious what vehicles/companies are covered in this section.

Offline Longhorn John

• Regular
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 130
« Reply #2 on: 08/20/2012 01:19 am »
Clearly the threads in this section is your guide, and there will be more and more US vehicles over the years, like Athena, and Chris has said he needs a ULA only section ahead of the features he's hinting about next week.

Offline Llian Rhydderch

• Terran Anglosphere
  • Liked: 1299
  • Likes Given: 9683
« Reply #3 on: 01/21/2018 03:59 am »
Is the Electron small LV, from "Rocket Labs USA" an "other US launchers"?

I followed the launch today in the current events, but wondering where to follow Rocket Labs and Electron more generally.
Re arguments from authority on NSF:  "no one is exempt from error, and errors of authority are usually the worst kind.  Taking your word for things without question is no different than a bracket design not being tested because the designer was an old hand."
"You would actually save yourself time and effort if you were to use evidence and logic to make your points instead of wrapping yourself in the royal mantle of authority.  The approach only works on sheep, not inquisitive, intelligent people."

Offline TrevorMonty

« Reply #4 on: 01/21/2018 08:03 am »
NZ founder/owner and based but now registered as US company with lion share of funding US. Manufacturing split between US and NZ same with R&D I think. Launch site NZ but option to US ones especially for government payloads.

Offline albatros68

• Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #5 on: 01/21/2018 02:23 pm »
I followed the launch today in the current events, but wondering where to follow Rocket Labs and Electron more generally.
There was a thread on Electron but I donīt find it. Can someone please tell where is it ?

Offline gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 13885
  • Likes Given: 5933
« Reply #6 on: 01/21/2018 02:25 pm »
There was a thread on Electron but I donīt find it. Can someone please tell where is it ?

It's currently in Commercial Space Flight General section
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=35300.0;topicseen

And the launch thread is still in Live Events
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=43625.0;topicseen

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography