Author Topic: Integration Tower Designs and Dimensions  (Read 3031 times)

Integration Tower Designs and Dimensions
« on: 08/06/2021 10:45 am »
A topic to talk about the designs and dimensions of the Boca Chica Launch Integration Tower.

Offline Michael S

• Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: Integration Tower Designs and Dimensions
« Reply #1 on: 08/06/2021 11:53 am »
First question for this thread:
   Is it necessary to fill the 4 corner legs of the tower with concrete for the tower to be operational?

Offline jstrotha0975

• United States
  • Liked: 265
  • Likes Given: 2060
« Reply #2 on: 08/06/2021 01:45 pm »
Is the plan to still add a lighting rod to the top of the tower and when will they add it.

Offline VaBlue

• Spotsylvania, VA
  • Liked: 491
  • Likes Given: 174
« Reply #3 on: 08/06/2021 02:43 pm »
Is the plan to still add a lighting rod to the top of the tower and when will they add it.

The FAA permit for the tower requires the aircraft warning light (as do all tall structures), so yes, it will be added.  Probably not very long from now.  I suspect, with stacking fit checks now complete, that workers will begin looking like honey bees in the hive...

Offline novo2044

• USA
  • Liked: 162
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #4 on: 08/06/2021 05:15 pm »
The more I think about the giant sliding catch mechanism the more I wonder: how are they going to handle all the other arms/plumbing/connections to the stack?  Will they be mounted to the moving arms?  Will the be separate?  Will they retract?  The catch mechanism seems to have a huge travel distance that would make mounting any other arms difficult.  I canít wait to see this monstrosity when itís fully clad and equipped. 

Offline meekGee

• N. California
  • Liked: 11996
  • Likes Given: 1332
« Reply #5 on: 08/06/2021 10:35 pm »
The more I think about the giant sliding catch mechanism the more I wonder: how are they going to handle all the other arms/plumbing/connections to the stack?  Will they be mounted to the moving arms?  Will the be separate?  Will they retract?  The catch mechanism seems to have a huge travel distance that would make mounting any other arms difficult.  I can’t wait to see this monstrosity when it’s fully clad and equipped.
Maybe that's why it only rides on 3 rails.  The connection will arc around the tower from the back side?
ABCD - Always Be Counting Down

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement SkyTale Software GmbH
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography