Author Topic: scammy fake spacex youtube channels.  (Read 3865 times)

Offline ppnl

• Liked: 208
  • Likes Given: 19
scammy fake spacex youtube channels.
« on: 06/18/2023 09:35 pm »
Anyone notice the fake scammy spacex channels on youtube? Some of them even have the spacex channel name. I thought I was watching the real launch coverage for several minuets. Then it flashed a qr code to buy bit coins.

Bit coins are a pox on humanity.

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 9347
  • Likes Given: 8072
Re: scammy fake spacex youtube channels.
« Reply #1 on: 06/18/2023 09:59 pm »
Anyone notice the fake scammy spacex channels on youtube? Some of them even have the spacex channel name. I thought I was watching the real launch coverage for several minuets. Then it flashed a qr code to buy bit coins.

They've been around for awhile.  Many pretend to be live coverage of a launch or a live speech given by Elon, etc.  And yea, it to seel bit coin.
It's Tony De La Rosa, ...and no, I'm not a Feline Dealer!!

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 3983
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #2 on: 06/19/2023 09:44 am »

They've been around for awhile.  Many pretend to be live coverage of a launch or a live speech given by Elon, etc.  And yea, it to seel bit coin.
Iíve noticed them appearing in my feed every so often. If you mark them not interested often enough they tend to go away.

Online AmigaClone

« Reply #3 on: 06/19/2023 10:13 am »

When a scammy SpaceX or related channel pops up on my feed I normally report it as a scam. On more than one occasion, I have even been able to mention on the report created that the video used in the scam was stolen from a particular content creator.

Offline Nomadd

• Lower 48
  • Liked: 60431
  • Likes Given: 1308
« Reply #4 on: 06/19/2023 10:20 am »

Only humanity who wants money they didn't earn.
 I have little sympathy for victims of get rich schemes. How many people do you meet that even understand money as a medium of exchange for goods and services any more?
« Last Edit: 06/19/2023 10:24 am by Nomadd »
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who couldn't hear the music.

Offline stormhelm

• Minnesota
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #5 on: 06/19/2023 10:36 am »
Just report and ignore..

Online meekGee

• N. California
  • Liked: 14061
  • Likes Given: 1395
« Reply #6 on: 06/21/2023 06:11 pm »

Only humanity who wants money they didn't earn.
 I have little sympathy for victims of get rich schemes. How many people do you meet that even understand money as a medium of exchange for goods and services any more?
If it says SpaceX but it's pushing Bitcoin then it's obviously fake.

The real SpaceX channel only pushes Dogecoin!
ABCD - Always Be Counting Down

Offline jasonjulius1122

• The United States
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #7 on: 07/11/2023 12:22 pm »

Yes, you are correct even I saw that there are several YT channels that are fake using SpaceX's name and it was fake and he was doing scams to the people.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography