Author Topic: Topopesto's model kits  (Read 28940 times)

Offline topopesto

• Liked: 54
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Topopesto's model kits
« Reply #40 on: 07/15/2018 01:23 pm »
The ARV uses most parts of the ATV. I have to take the propulsive module of the ATV, that I had realized most years a go, and have edited this part. In particular I have edited the lower part removing the old pieces and realized the new pieces.

In this series of the photos you can watching the propulsion module finished with the new parts.

Offline topopesto

« Reply #41 on: 07/17/2018 06:08 pm »
To be built the propulsion module of the ARV, I have to use the master that I had realized for ATV.
I decided to show you the old photos to built it to made the work done better understend.
In this series of photos you can see the many steps.

Offline topopesto

« Reply #42 on: 07/21/2018 08:55 am »
The photos previously posted befor to show the different steps to realizzed the conical truncated  section that unites the propulsion module to the  pressurized module of the ATV.

Offline topopesto

« Reply #43 on: 07/21/2018 04:07 pm »
After the completion of this work, I had proceeded with the works on the botton parts in the propulsion module and I had realized a disk that I had glue on the botton.

Offline topopesto

« Reply #44 on: 07/23/2018 06:18 pm »
I had proceeded in my works with the realization of the other parts present in the lower area. Made a truncated cone is very difficolt, however, with a little trigonometry I had resolved every problem.

Offline topopesto

« Reply #45 on: 07/23/2018 07:50 pm »
In this photos is show the work that I had realized to built the section where the orbital motors will then be put. This pieces they are made using a sheet of pvc.
« Last Edit: 07/23/2018 07:54 pm by topopesto »

Offline topopesto

« Reply #46 on: 07/26/2018 06:02 pm »
After compleeting this piece, I proceeded with my work pasting it and adding other important pieces to details this section of the model kit.

Offline topopesto

« Reply #47 on: 09/09/2018 01:21 pm »
Hi guy!
After a long holiday I'm back and I procedeed with explaining the work done to realized this pieces of the model.

I had procedeed whit  the realization of the structure  to reproduce the texture of the thermal coating on the propulsion module. I had used of strips of PLASTICARD of the EVERGREEN of adequate size  and put at the right distance between them.

In the photo you can wath my work.

Offline TripleSeven

• Istanbul Turkey and Santa Fe TEXAS USA
  • Liked: 588
  • Likes Given: 2095
« Reply #48 on: 09/09/2018 01:22 pm »
Hi guy!
After a long holiday I'm back and I procedeed with explaining the work done to realized this pieces of the model.

I had procedeed whit  the realization of the structure  to reproduce the texture of the thermal coating on the propulsion module. I had used of strips of PLASTICARD of the EVERGREEN of adequate size  and put at the right distance between them.

In the photo you can wath my work.

fantastic

Offline topopesto

« Reply #49 on: 09/15/2018 08:01 am »
I used thin  sheets of paper, dipped in a solution of water and Vinavil  (glue), to riproduce the thermal coting in this area. The paper was previously cut to the right size for my needs.  Whit the  drying of the paper I proceeded to apply a layer of liquid putty Mr. SURFACER 500 for completing my work.

Offline topopesto

« Reply #50 on: 09/24/2018 07:50 pm »
During the last work I had ruined the upper part of the propulsion module.I proceeded to do it again with some plasti card cut to size using a little geometry. Now this part is ready to proceeded qith other work.

Offline topopesto

« Reply #51 on: 09/26/2018 06:11 pm »
After completation of the botton in the truncate cone, i had proceeded with the realization of the details in this  area. THE radiators were made with pieces of brass and the other pieces in plasticard.
« Last Edit: 09/26/2018 06:13 pm by topopesto »

Offline topopesto

« Reply #52 on: 10/06/2018 07:29 am »
After the completion of this work, I proceded with the realization of the part where there will be solar panels. In this case I have removed some parts of the surface by stripping the underlying part.

After that I proceded with the new work to enrich this section of the model with details.

Offline topopesto

« Reply #53 on: 10/16/2018 07:54 pm »
The last work on this piece is was to cover the area near d the solar panels with a thin layer of paper impregnated with glue. Now I return to describe the works to realized the ARV.

Offline topopesto

« Reply #54 on: 10/27/2018 07:43 am »
After this long I explain the procedure by illustrating the work done to achieve the rest of the model.
I made the front area of the ARV, where there is the  docking ring using the lathe. The work is very easy and I completed this in little time.

The photos are not good, but you can see the details present in this piece.

Offline topopesto

« Reply #55 on: 10/28/2018 01:17 pm »
I procedee in my work by coating the piece with light paper soaked in the water and glue to reproduce the termal coating and, then I added the various details that you can to watch in those photos.

Offline topopesto

« Reply #56 on: 11/02/2018 07:42 am »
Thanks to my lathe I quickly made the top of the ARV, completing it with all the details that would have characterized its thermalcoating.
I had proceeded by identifying the right positions for secondary details such as access door and maneuvering rockets.

Offline topopesto

« Reply #57 on: 11/10/2018 08:00 am »
For the meantime I proceded in my work creating a silicon rubber mold making a casting to obtain the piece relative to the ARV's propulsion module.

I prefer to make resin copies to keep the master, and to be able to use this peace for new projects in the future. My heading would also be to market it though...

Offline topopesto

« Reply #58 on: 11/11/2018 01:52 pm »
As alredy done for the propulsion module, I have completed the addittion of the details on the re-entry capsule; I made the rubber mold and  the piece in resin that I will use for the model.

I' m very proud of my work, is very perfect and full of details. Now I can start with assembly of the parts made.

Offline topopesto

« Reply #59 on: 11/24/2018 07:32 am »
Ater the realization of the copy of the original piece, I procedeed to glue the main parts to proceed with the work. There are small problems, but the job is more than. satisfactory.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography