Author Topic: Future photoreconnaissance and other Russian military satellites  (Read 171028 times)

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 557
  • Likes Given: 1078
Re: Future photoreconnaissance satellites
« Reply #20 on: 02/06/2012 10:34 am »
Do we know what sort of design heritage the Bars satellite will have, please?   Will it be rather like the Bion-M design or is that too simple an idea?

Also, I assume that "Persona" is name designator similar to Kobalt-M and that there is also a Yantar or similar designator for the satellite.   Is this correct, does anyone know?
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane - WJ.

Offline owais.usmani

• Liked: 362
  • Likes Given: 562
« Reply #21 on: 02/12/2012 04:27 am »
Guys sorry for naive question but what exactly is the difference between Resurs P/PM and Persona satellites? As I understand they both are meant to relay high resolution digital imagery to ground controllers in real time. Or do they both have different capabilities and mission objectives?

Thanks.

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
« Reply #22 on: 02/12/2012 05:33 am »
Guys sorry for naive question but what exactly is the difference between Resurs P/PM and Persona satellites? As I understand they both are meant to relay high resolution digital imagery to ground controllers in real time. Or do they both have different capabilities and mission objectives?
Thanks.

Persona is a dedicated photoreconnaissance satellite and uses an optical system which is based upon that demonstrated on the ARKON-1 satellites.   Also, amateur observer photographs taken while the first Persona was in LEO suggest that the solar arrays were deployed in a manner which made the satellite looks like a smaller version of HST.

Resurs-P/PM are notionally "civilian" remote sensing satellites, closely following the design of the Terlien/Neman photoreconnaissance satellites and they are direct descendants of Resurs-DK.   The solar panels will be deployed - like Resurs-DK/Terilen/Neman - on booms extended radially from close to the satellite's base.   Also I belive that Resurs-P/PM will be using orbits which are around 200-400 km lower than the one seen with Persona.

Offline owais.usmani

• Liked: 362
  • Likes Given: 562
« Reply #23 on: 02/12/2012 05:39 am »
Thanks.

Persona is a dedicated photoreconnaissance satellite and uses an optical system which is based upon that demonstrated on the ARKON-1 satellites.   Also, amateur observer photographs taken while the first Persona was in LEO suggest that the solar arrays were deployed in a manner which made the satellite looks like a smaller version of HST.

Resurs-P/PM are notionally "civilian" remote sensing satellites, closely following the design of the Terlien/Neman photoreconnaissance satellites and they are direct descendants of Resurs-DK.   The solar panels will be deployed - like Resurs-DK/Terilen/Neman - on booms extended radially from close to the satellite's base.   Also I belive that Resurs-P/PM will be using orbits which are around 200-400 km lower than the one seen with Persona.

Right. Thanks a lot!  :)

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
« Reply #24 on: 03/10/2012 09:28 am »
Earlier in this thread Stan Black gave the serial numbers for most of the Kobalt-M satellites (omitting Cosmos 2410).

Does anyone have the serial numbers for the Kobalt satellites, please?
« Last Edit: 03/10/2012 09:29 am by Phillip Clark »

Offline Stan Black

• Liked: 377
  • Likes Given: 228
« Reply #25 on: 04/19/2012 07:52 pm »

Offline Stan Black

« Reply #26 on: 05/15/2012 03:58 pm »
Для получения исходных данных для обновления карт, начиная с 2015 года, запланирована разработка картографической космической системы, будут разработаны и запущены 2 КА оптико-электронной съемки местности.
http://www.federalspace.ru/main.php?id=24

Offline Stan Black

« Reply #27 on: 05/18/2012 08:37 pm »

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
« Reply #28 on: 06/16/2012 04:43 pm »
The Russian launch schedules on this site by Anik up to the one dated April 17, 2012 were showing the launch of Resurs-PM 1 from Baikonur aboard a Soyuz-2-1B vehicle in 2015.

Starting with the launch schedule dated April 18, 2012 this launch became Resurs-P 3 in 2015, same launch vehicle, same launch site.   This launch last appeared in the schedule dated June 4, 2012 and had disappeared from the schedule dated June 5, 2012.

Of course, launch schedules this far ahead are extremely fluid but can anyone clarify what might have happened to the flight, please?   Was the Resurs-PM 1 designator incorrect or has the satellite simply been redesignated as the third Resurs-P?   Do we have a new (estimated!) launch date for the satellite?

Offline anik

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 955
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #29 on: 06/16/2012 05:24 pm »
The launch of third Resurs-P satellite has been delayed to 2016.

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
« Reply #30 on: 06/16/2012 05:30 pm »
The launch of third Resurs-P satellite has been delayed to 2016.

Thank you!   Are you able to clarify Resurs-PM vs Resurs-P, please?

Offline anik

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: 06/16/2012 06:22 pm »
Are you able to clarify Resurs-PM vs Resurs-P, please?

I am sorry, but I do not understand question. What to clarify? Differences between two satellites? I do not know. Why has the first Resurs-PM disappeared from plan? I do not see Resurs-PM launch until 2020.
« Last Edit: 06/16/2012 06:23 pm by anik »

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
« Reply #32 on: 06/17/2012 09:54 am »
Are you able to clarify Resurs-PM vs Resurs-P, please?
I am sorry, but I do not understand question. What to clarify? Differences between two satellites? I do not know. Why has the first Resurs-PM disappeared from plan? I do not see Resurs-PM launch until 2020.

Apologies for the confusion!   The 2015 launch was originally Resurs-PM 1 and then it became Resurs-P 3.   So I was wondering whether the PM variant was delayed and an additional P variant was added to the schedule or whether the PM designator was in error and the satellite was always the third Resurs-P.

Offline anik

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: 06/17/2012 12:59 pm »
So I was wondering whether the PM variant was delayed and an additional P variant was added to the schedule or whether the PM designator was in error and the satellite was always the third Resurs-P

Resurs-PM1 was delayed (or cancelled) and Resurs-P3 was added.

Offline Stan Black

Offline Stan Black

« Reply #35 on: 12/12/2012 04:33 pm »
Earlier in this thread Stan Black gave the serial numbers for most of the Kobalt-M satellites (omitting Cosmos 2410).

Thanks to Старый

http://novosti-kosmonavtiki.ru/forum/messages/forum13/topic304/message1016039/#message1016039

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
« Reply #36 on: 12/12/2012 05:16 pm »
Thanks to Старый
http://novosti-kosmonavtiki.ru/forum/messages/forum13/topic304/message1016039/#message1016039

Thank you Stan!

Offline B. Hendrickx

• Liked: 1870
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #37 on: 01/09/2013 08:16 am »
In 2011 TsSKB-Progress published a pretty detailed book on its various satellites projects called "Kosmicheskoe apparatostroyeniye". This is now available in pdf format on the TsSKB-Progress website :

http://www.samspace.ru/upload/iblock/a82/kosmicheskoe_apparatostroenie.pdf

Unfortunately, there's nothing here on current or future photoreconnaissance satellites, but I thought it would be interesting to mention in this thread anyway.

The most interesting chapters are the first three ones :

1/ history of TsSKB photoreconnaissance satellites (from Zenit-2 to Yantar-4KS1M)
2/ history of TsSKB civilian remote sensing satellites (Zenit-2M/NKh, Resurs-F, Resurs-DK, Resurs-P)
3/ history of TsSKB scientific payloads and satellites (Nauka, Energiya, Efir, Bion, Foton, OKA-T)

The following chapters are more technical and deal with control systems, navigation systems, on-board computers and power supply systems of TsSKB satellites.

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
« Reply #38 on: 01/09/2013 08:40 am »
Thank you for this Bart.   It is a much-updated and modified version of the book which came out in the mid-1990s that launched quite a bit of my writing!

I still dream of getting an official listing of the launches which carried the various Nauka modules and sub-satellites (only the Pions have been discussed) - and in fact a complete launch listing with satellite type, serial number, launch time and the descent dates/times of re-entry modules.

Perhaps I am hoping for too much? ;-)

Offline Stan Black

« Reply #39 on: 01/10/2013 05:45 pm »
 По словам источника "Известий" в ОПК РФ, "еще два спутника для системы "Лиана" будут запущены на орбиту до конца 2013 года - "Лотос-С" 14Ф145 и "Пион-НКС" 14Ф139. До 2015 года в "Лиану" включат еще один спутник "Пион", таким образом, группировка системы расширится до четырех спутников".

http://www.i-mash.ru/news/nov_otrasl/26184-roskosmos-i-minoborony-zavershajut-sozdanie.html
« Last Edit: 01/10/2013 05:47 pm by Stan Black »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography