Author Topic: SpaceX Falcon 9 : Iridium NEXT Flight 3 : Oct 9, 2017 - UPDATES  (Read 101909 times)

Offline Davp99

• Fall River, MA
  • Liked: 50
  • Likes Given: 263
Another Notch on my belt...Thanks to Chris & Steven and the Rest for All you guys Do !!  and Thanks to NASASPACEFLIGHT.Com

Dave
You Only Live Twice

Offline Elmar Moelzer

• Liked: 849
  • Likes Given: 1062
Congrats to SpaceX and Iridium! Great launch and landing! Great year so far for SpaceX! Hope they can keep it up!

Offline marshal

• Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 7
Congrats to SpaceX

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 11864
  • Likes Given: 11086
I had to drive from GR to Dearborn but I had the Youtube streaming on the phone, and when we were at T-2:00 was in a park and ride watching.

WAY to go team. No Matt, we fans are NOT tired of you yet. Today's vid on what Iridium enables was really great... it boggles the mind how many different applications there are.

Congrats to SpaceX, Iridium and all the folks who make this mission possible, as well as for the superb coverage
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Offline llanitedave

• Nevada Desert
  • Liked: 1545
  • Likes Given: 2052
I am so glad this is getting to be routine!  The excitement never goes away, but the tension is being replaced with a happy anticipation.  Congratulations SpaceX, and wonderful coverage by the NSF team as well!
"I've just abducted an alien -- now what?"

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 3974
  • Likes Given: 220
Congratulations to all concerned. Make the most of the Falcon 9 whilst you can before it goes away...

Offline Llian Rhydderch

• Terran Anglosphere
  • Liked: 1299
  • Likes Given: 9683
Great work everyone, SpaceX, Iridium, and all the great and newsy coverage we got from all the intrepid NSF citizen journalists! 

« Last Edit: 10/09/2017 05:28 pm by Chris Bergin »
Re arguments from authority on NSF:  "no one is exempt from error, and errors of authority are usually the worst kind.  Taking your word for things without question is no different than a bracket design not being tested because the designer was an old hand."
"You would actually save yourself time and effort if you were to use evidence and logic to make your points instead of wrapping yourself in the royal mantle of authority.  The approach only works on sheep, not inquisitive, intelligent people."

Offline darkenfast

• Liked: 1829
  • Likes Given: 8739
Congrats to all for a launch that was SOOOOO routine, we need a second one this week to feed our addiction!
Writer of Book and Lyrics for musicals "SCAR", "Cinderella!", and "Aladdin!". Retired Naval Security Group. "I think SCAR is a winner. Great score, [and] the writing is up there with the very best!"
-- Phil Henderson, Composer of the West End musical "The Far Pavilions".

Online ugordan

• My mainly Cassini image gallery
  • Liked: 3543
  • Likes Given: 759

Please tell me the 30th Space Wing didn't throw in a random ICBM launch in there...

EDIT: Replaced with a corrected 30th Wing video.
« Last Edit: 10/11/2017 07:22 am by ugordan »

Offline jgoldader

• Liked: 322
  • Likes Given: 171
She was a beast there on the pad, snorting away with all that venting.  Very cool.  Maybe there'll be some proper photos released?
Recovering astronomer

Offline Bubbinski

Congratulations on launch #14 of the year!

The vehicle was spectacular looking on the pad, the launch was spectacular, good work on the barge landing and the 10 satellite deploy too. Now ready for another F9 launch Wednesday evening, good luck!
I'll even excitedly look forward to "flags and footprints" and suborbital missions. Just fly...somewhere.

Offline Joffan

Great launch and satellite delivery. Landing in the dark gives a feel of the reality of the task - a dot on the map that is unerringly hit dead centre by the returning stage. Good work SpaceX and congratulations to all involved, with thanks as usual to all those here at NSF that capture the launch moment by moment.
Getting through max-Q for humanity becoming fully spacefaring

Offline Perchlorate

• 2 miles from the site of the first successful powered flight.
  • Liked: 909
  • Likes Given: 1289
Congrats SpaceX, Vandenberg folks, Iridium, and of course our NSF team!!!
Pete B, a Civil Engineer, in an age of incivility.

Offline Dante80

• Athens : Greece
  • Liked: 835
  • Likes Given: 539
A surprisingly nice view, 100 miles from the site.

(1:20 for the sighting)

Many congrats to everyone involved for the successful conclusion of yet another launch campaign.
« Last Edit: 10/09/2017 04:52 pm by Dante80 »

Offline chad1011

• Anderson, SC
  • Liked: 47
  • Likes Given: 423
Another outstanding launch!  Great job to everyone involved!

Online FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 81622
  • Likes Given: 36929

Offline acsawdey

A surprisingly nice view, 100 miles from the site.

(1:20 for the sighting)

Many congrats to everyone involved for the successful conclusion of yet another launch campaign.

Here's another video I stumbled across zoomed in on stage separation and boostback:

Offline Rocket Science

• NASA Educator Astronaut Candidate Applicant 2002
  • Liked: 4548
  • Likes Given: 13523
Congrats to all the teams, well done! Thanks for the global team coverage provided by NSF! :)
"The laws of physics are unforgiving"
~Rob: Physics instructor, Aviator

Online Semmel

• Germany
  • Liked: 2433
  • Likes Given: 11916
congrats to SpaceX and Iridium. And these videos of the separation and boostback burn from a distance ... Beautiful!!! More videos like that please!

Online ugordan

• My mainly Cassini image gallery
  • Liked: 3543
  • Likes Given: 759

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography