Author Topic: The (nothing to do with NSF but I use) Tapatalk Feedback Thread  (Read 153280 times)

Offline NovaSilisko

• Liked: 1440
  • Likes Given: 1301
Not super important, but it seems like people posting with Tapatalk now automatically have a "Posted from my ____ with Tapatalk" added to the end of their posts, and it's a little annoying. I don't recall seeing it do this before now.

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 3974
  • Likes Given: 220
Not super important, but it seems like people posting with Tapatalk now automatically have a "Posted from my ____ with Tapatalk" added to the end of their posts, and it's a little annoying. I don't recall seeing it do this before now.

I thought it always did that as its one of the first things I change in the settings on a fresh install.

Offline Chris Bergin

Any way to stop the crap:

"Sent by my phone via tapatalk" on every post when someone's posted with tapatalk?

It looks stupid on so many posts.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline the_other_Doug

• Minneapolis, MN
  • Liked: 2191
  • Likes Given: 4620
Any way to stop the crap:

"Sent by my phone via tapatalk" on every post when someone's posted with tapatalk?

It looks stupid on so many posts.

As a guy with prior experience in user interface development for software products, if I had to guess, I'd say that Tapatalk just came out with an update that reset the "Tapatalk signature" option (or whatever they call it) to "on" -- and understandably so, they want the public to see how they are handling all these people with their forum management software.  In other words, it's free advertising for their product.

I would also guess that this option can be turned off again, but I bet it can't be filtered externally.  I'd also guess the people whose posts are being adorned by this free ad aren't really aware of it.  Perhaps a few PMs in the right direction could get them to turn the option off on their devices.

I'd be disgusted and upset if Tapatalk took out any option control for this and are insisting that, going forward, every post made through their app must include their ad line.

(I will note that I have never been impressed with Tapatalk and preferentially display the full website on my tablet and phone; it works a whole lot better, IMHO.  But because I don't use Tapatalk, I obviously can't directly verify my suspicions.  And I won't start using it just to verify it; the one time it tried to get a hold of my forums, I had the devil's own time getting it to let go!)
-Doug  (With my shield, not yet upon it)

Offline Chris Bergin

Thanks! Yeah, it's really started turning up on so many posts just recently. Wasn't sure if it's something we can filter here or if individuals have to turn it off.

*Sent by my overworked PC via my fingers* ;D
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Star One

• UK
Thanks! Yeah, it's really started turning up on so many posts just recently. Wasn't sure if it's something we can filter here or if individuals have to turn it off.

*Sent by my overworked PC via my fingers* ;D
I just checked at least with me it hasn't between reset & signature is still set to none as it should be.

Online FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 81620
  • Likes Given: 36928
I've been caught out by tapatalk on this. If you use Reply from the top right menu in the app (at least on iOS) then it automatically ticks the 'Sent from ...' tag line addition. It's trivial to just untick it before posting, but you have to spot on the screen that you need too!

Offline Star One

• UK
I've been caught out by tapatalk on this. If you use Reply from the top right menu in the app (at least on iOS) then it automatically ticks the 'Sent from ...' tag line addition. It's trivial to just untick it before posting, but you have to spot on the screen that you need too!

Sounds more like a bug than anything else.

Offline sanman

• Liked: 1312
  • Likes Given: 8
I always seem to get chatroom chatter in my notifications - does anybody else have this problem?

Offline Chris Bergin

I always seem to get chatroom chatter in my notifications - does anybody else have this problem?

Can you explain what you mean?

Offline sanman

• Liked: 1312
  • Likes Given: 8

Is there some kind of chatroom on this forum site? Because I've gotten Tapatalk notifications from NasaSpaceFlight.com which say stuff like:

"Hey"
"Hi"
"How are you?
"Good, what's up?"
etc, etc

And along with that, there's some Tapatalk checkbox which says "Ignore chatroom" or something like that. I've checked the checkbox, but I'm not sure it's working.
« Last Edit: 04/20/2016 10:42 pm by sanman »

Offline Chris Bergin

Is there some kind of chatroom on this forum site? Because I've gotten Tapatalk notifications from NasaSpaceFlight.com which say stuff like:

"Hey"
"Hi"
"How are you?
"Good, what's up?"
etc, etc

And along with that, there's some Tapatalk checkbox which says "Ignore chatroom" or something like that. I've checked the checkbox, but I'm not sure it's working.

There's no chat room on this site. So that's got nothing to do with us. No idea about tapatalk and whatever bug that may be, but it'll be with tapatalk, not this site. :-\
« Last Edit: 04/21/2016 08:36 pm by Chris Bergin »

Offline Star One

• UK
Since the most recent Tapatalk update every time I post in a thread it may or may not auto subscribe me to it whether I like it or not. The instances seem entirely random.
« Last Edit: 05/24/2016 04:05 pm by Star One »

Offline Chris Bergin

Can everyone using tapatalk please turn off the:

"Sent via my iPotato via Tapatalk" options, as I'm getting tired of it being automatically posted in posts. It can be rather annoying, especially if it is like this:

Yes Jim, you're right yet again.

SENT VIA MY HTC-7439123APlusGoldStandard Amazing Phone that plays Angry Birds really Well V2"

It's not the forum, it's your phone/tapatalk doing it via one of its latest updates, as noted above.

Such bylines get quotes as part of your post in quotes. If anyone sees anyone posting with that line in their post, PM this post to inform them.
« Last Edit: 05/27/2016 10:38 am by Chris Bergin »

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 11864
  • Likes Given: 11086
Now I want an iPotato...
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Offline Star One

• UK
Is there a fix for Tapatalk keep subscribing you to threads you've posted in whether you like it or not? It never used to do this until the most recent update of the app.

Offline Retired Downrange

• Turks & Caicos Islands
  • Liked: 121
  • Likes Given: 153

Offline Chris Bergin

A reminder, before we can get rid of tapatalk use on here, anyone posting via that awful app needs to REMOVE the setting that automatically posts ""Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" in every post you make.

They are just using you to spam.

Remove the setting, or edit it out of your post, or we'll delete the post.
« Last Edit: 02/02/2017 11:20 pm by Chris Bergin »

Offline pippin

• Regular
  • Liked: 312
  • Likes Given: 45
A problem is that Tapatalk keeps re-activating that setting automatically from time to time and it scraps it from what you see yourself so usually you don't even notice you posted this. Plus, you then need to EDIT the post to remove it.

Offline pippin

• Regular
  • Liked: 312
  • Likes Given: 45
Oh, and please don't "get rid of" Tapatalk. You'd also get rid of users like me who heavily rely on it.

Tags: Space galaxy astronomy 

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography