Author Topic: ULA Names Mark Bitterman Senior D.C. Strategist VP of Washington Ops  (Read 4516 times)

Offline Chris Bergin

So let's get this right? He's long term with Orbital, then leaves to join SpaceX. Lasts a month and leaves for "family reasons" or something, but then joins ULA? My word, if he was a football (soccer) player, this would be like an Arsenal player signing for Spurs, then leaving to sign with Chelsea :D

United Launch Alliance Names Senior D.C. Strategist

Mark Bitterman Vice President of Washington Operations

Denver, Colo., (Sept. 19, 2011) – United Launch Alliance (ULA) announced today that Mark Bitterman has joined the company as the Vice President of Washington D.C. Operations.

“Mark brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the ULA team,” said Michael Gass, ULA’s president and CEO. “His background interacting with key Washington D.C. customer communities, including Congress, White House Staff, NASA, and the  Departments of Defense,  Commerce and Transportation will be instrumental in shaping critical policies and decisions related to ULA business. Under Mark’s leadership, ULA will increase our permanent employee presence in the Washington D.C. area in response to customer leadership assignments and additional business opportunities.”

Prior to joining ULA, Bitterman had a distinguished career with Orbital Sciences Corporation where he served as Senior Vice President, Government and External Relations for 19 years. During this time he was responsible for strategy development and liaison with federal, state and local governments. He represented Orbital’s interests in national policy development and was involved with multiple industry advisory committees to multiple U.S. Government Departments and Agencies.

"I am very pleased to bring my 25 years of government relations experience to ULA, the nation's leader in national security and civil space launch,” said Bitterman. “I look forward to helping guide the company's important customer relationships that are located in Washington."

Bitterman holds a Bachelor of Science degree in political science from Rutgers University and a Masters of International Affairs from Columbia University.

ULA program management, engineering, test and mission support functions are headquartered in Denver, Colo. Manufacturing, assembly and integration operations are located at Decatur, Ala., Harlingen, Texas, San Diego, Calif. Launch operations are located at Cape Canaveral AFS, Fla., and Vandenberg AFB, Calif.

For more information on ULA, visit the ULA Web site at www.ulalaunch.com, or call the ULA Launch Hotline at 1-877-ULA-4321 (852-4321).

Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Paul Howard

• Veteran
  • Perth, Western Australia
  • Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 25
Notice no mention of him being at SpaceX in the above? Only mentions his time at Orbital.

Offline Prober

• Save the spin....I'm keeping you honest!
  • Nevada
  • Liked: 721
  • Likes Given: 729
Notice no mention of him being at SpaceX in the above? Only mentions his time at Orbital.

Did he pass 90 days @ spaceX?

2017 - Everything Old is New Again.
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant..." --Isoroku Yamamoto

Offline robertross

• Canadian Member
  • Westphal, Nova Scotia
  • Liked: 659
  • Likes Given: 7692
I would imagine he had to sign a NDA for each company before leaving?

Offline Prober

• Save the spin....I'm keeping you honest!
  • Nevada
  • Liked: 721
  • Likes Given: 729

past experience with one of the companies.....can you say lawsuit?
2017 - Everything Old is New Again.
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant..." --Isoroku Yamamoto

Offline robertross

• Canadian Member
  • Westphal, Nova Scotia

experience is one thing. Using certain knowledge against your former employer to benefit your new one is where the problem lies (is one particular case here). If an individual never reveals that information, based on a NDA, then it's a non-issue.

Offline Jason1701

• Liked: 70
  • Likes Given: 152
What's next for Bitterman? My bet's on SNC.

Offline robertross

• Canadian Member
  • Westphal, Nova Scotia
What's next for Bitterman? My bet's on SNC.

Nah...you always 'try' to move upwards, expecially to places with great big golden parachutes  ;)

Offline baldusi

• Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Liked: 2539
  • Likes Given: 8273

experience is one thing. Using certain knowledge against your former employer to benefit your new one is where the problem lies (is one particular case here). If an individual never reveals that information, based on a NDA, then it's a non-issue.
Are you aware of why ULA ended up formed? I just hope that ULA learned the lesson.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography