Author Topic: Space Shuttle Tile Stolen From NASA Kennedy Space Center  (Read 7554 times)

Online jacqmans

• Global Moderator
  • Houten, The Netherlands
  • Liked: 8560
  • Likes Given: 320
A thermal tile designed for the Space Shuttle was stolen from the Shuttle Atlantis's display exhibit at NASA Kennedy Space Center on Sunday April 9, according to freelance photographer Brandon Thonen who has worked on projects at NASA Kennedy before and is familiar with the situation. "It was never used on a shuttle, it was just for training purposes," Thonen told Popular Mechanics.

The thermal plate is a 6-inch square black tile encased in plexiglass that is used at Kennedy Space Center for educational purposes. It has serial number VT70—191 with three additional digits that are unknown. A Space Shuttle tile matching this description on eBay or for sale elsewhere online should be treated with suspicion and possibly reported to the authorities.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/space/rockets/news/a26013/space-shuttle-tile-stolen-from-nasa/?src=socialflowFB
Jacques :-)

Offline p51

• Somehwere near pad 39, trying to thumb a ride...
    • Thunderbolt Productions
  • Liked: 58
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Space Shuttle Tile Stolen From NASA Kennedy Space Center
« Reply #1 on: 06/07/2017 10:26 pm »
I'm not at all surprised. The time I went to the Atlantis Pavilion, there was a ULA gut there with all kinds of stuff like that. He turned his back on some pretty spendy items several times and even then I thought it'd be just a matter of time until that happened.
"The years forever fashion new dreams when old ones go. God pity a one-dream man."
-Robert Goddard

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography