Author Topic: SpaceX Starship : Florida Prototype(s) Thread 2 : Discussion  (Read 292152 times)

Online FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 49239
  • Likes Given: 16695
Re: SpaceX Starship : Florida Prototype(s) Thread 2 : Discussion
« Reply #680 on: 01/17/2020 08:36 am »
https://twitter.com/therealjonvh/status/1217993610639089664

Snapped these quickly on my way home from work today. This is where @SpaceX #Starship Mk2 was to be loaded onto a barge then shipped up river to @NASAKennedy did we get any further info on this aquatic/dock construction?

Offline Zpoxy

• KSC
  • Liked: 193
  • Likes Given: 335
« Reply #681 on: 01/17/2020 10:28 am »
That is almost identical to the equipment they used to move the shuttle mockup that was in front of the Astronaut's Hall of Fame years ago. The vertical columns are driven into the river bed, pinning the barges in place.

Offline Johnnyhinbos

• Boston, MA
  • Liked: 7992
  • Likes Given: 934
« Reply #682 on: 01/17/2020 11:06 am »
That is almost identical to the equipment they used to move the shuttle mockup that was in front of the Astronaut's Hall of Fame years ago. The vertical columns are driven into the river bed, pinning the barges in place.
It’s called a jack up barge. Pretty common water work platform. Doesn’t look like a dredger.
John Hanzl. Author, action / adventure www.johnhanzl.com

Offline waveney

• UK
  • Liked: 313
  • Likes Given: 370
« Reply #683 on: 01/17/2020 11:48 am »
I wonder if they are making it ready for Go Discovery to dock there?

Offline Eka

I wonder if they are making it ready for Go Discovery to dock there?
SS Mk1 nose cone, SS Mk2 body, plus some fins for show and it would make a good lawn ornament.
We talk about creating a Star Trek future, but will end up with The Expanse if radical change doesn't happen.

Offline fael097

This is interesting. Must be the M stand from Roberts Road, since the 2 from Cocoa went to Boca Chica. But those stacked rings, not sure what's the deal, I don't remember seeing an M stand with 2 stacked rings in Cocoa, and I'm not sure how or why they would do it after they stopped activities down there. rings also don't look very reflective, look more like Hopper's.

Oh those rings are also not 1.829m tall, they appear to be 1.55m, and welds are not at 180 opposite sides too. Could it be an actual water tower?

https://twitter.com/julia_bergeron/status/1226163458120601600
« Last Edit: 02/08/2020 04:06 pm by fael097 »
Rafael Adamy

Online billh

• Houston
  • Liked: 889
  • Likes Given: 592
« Reply #686 on: 02/08/2020 05:11 pm »
It's getting so hard to tell when you're looking at a water tower anymore.

Offline enbandi

• Hungary
  • Liked: 786
  • Likes Given: 385
« Reply #687 on: 02/08/2020 06:26 pm »
This is interesting. Must be the M stand from Roberts Road, since the 2 from Cocoa went to Boca Chica. But those stacked rings, not sure what's the deal, I don't remember seeing an M stand with 2 stacked rings in Cocoa, and I'm not sure how or why they would do it after they stopped activities down there. rings also don't look very reflective, look more like Hopper's.

Oh those rings are also not 1.829m tall, they appear to be 1.55m, and welds are not at 180 opposite sides too. Could it be an actual water tower?

The other interesting part of this pic is the 4 new thruster pods arrived for the ASDSs. Since no logical connection between this two items, answer could be that they use the LZ (sorrounding area) as temporary storage.

Second best guess is something similar to bopper tests. They havent got a reeal god place to do that (now in Florida). Wheather or why they want to do such thing is still a mystery.
But they filled a permit last autumn, to improve infrastructure there. Some tanks was indicated, but without details.

Offline fael097

The other interesting part of this pic is the 4 new thruster pods arrived for the ASDSs. Since no logical connection between this two items, answer could be that they use the LZ (sorrounding area) as temporary storage.

Second best guess is something similar to bopper tests. They havent got a reeal god place to do that (now in Florida). Wheather or why they want to do such thing is still a mystery.
But they filled a permit last autumn, to improve infrastructure there. Some tanks was indicated, but without details.

totally missed those.

it looks like there are other 2 of those short rings on the ground too
Rafael Adamy

Offline Captain Crutch

I wonder if some of the equipment that was in Florida or was destined for Florida ended up in LA... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoCY-z7pFm8?t=517

Online Nevyn72

• Australia
  • Liked: 948
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #690 on: 03/23/2020 09:53 pm »
With part of the construction structure being re-fitted in the door of the 'cathedral', I wonder if this is the first step of re-bracing the structure for disassembly?

If so, where would it go?
Boca Chica or Roberts Road?

Online StuffOfInterest

• Just interested in space
  • McLean, Virginia, USA
  • Liked: 758
  • Likes Given: 195
« Reply #691 on: 03/24/2020 03:10 pm »
With part of the construction structure being re-fitted in the door of the 'cathedral', I wonder if this is the first step of re-bracing the structure for disassembly?

If so, where would it go?
Boca Chica or Roberts Road?

I would argue that Roberts Road is more likely.  There hasn't been any ground prep at Boca Chica for this size structure that doesn't already have something built or being built on it.  Roberts Road is still a mystery site with so little on the ground observation so there could be a pad ready and waiting that we don't know about.

Offline retrojet

• Gemany
    • alexrex.de
  • Liked: 668
  • Likes Given: 365
« Reply #692 on: 05/25/2020 04:46 pm »
New STARSHIP FACILITY OVERVIEW
covering ROBERTS ROAD from may 2020

3D Viewer:
https://p3d.in/p7UQ5

Video: