Author Topic: Acronyms to Ascent – SLS managers create development milestone roadmap  (Read 21474 times)

Online Ronsmytheiii

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1879
  • Likes Given: 1023
Two production lines exist - RS-68 (Delta-IV) and RS-25 (STS & SLS). 1 is actively building (RS-68) and 1 is primed for production (RS-25).

I do not believe Rocketdyne is anything like "primed" for RS-25E.

RS-25D can restart construction in the meantime, all that RS-25E would be is a more economic expendable version to decrease carrying costs of the core engine.  The J-2x was only in the J-2 family in name only, pretty much was a brand new engine. RS-25E will basically still function as the current engine, but changes will be made based on availability of funds and potential savings.

Offline Fred M

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
What a great article. Enjoying going through what appears to be a huge amount of SLS articles. So glad I found this site, even if I was late to the party.

Offline Chris Bergin

What a great article. Enjoying going through what appears to be a huge amount of SLS articles. So glad I found this site, even if I was late to the party.

Nice one Fred, thanks!
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography