Author Topic: NSF Merchandise Store now online  (Read 63262 times)

Offline Chris Bergin

Re: NSF Merchandise Store now online
« Reply #60 on: 12/16/2014 11:30 am »
Speaking of renderings!

The NSF calendar with some of these sumptuous renderings is now up for sale!

http://www.cafepress.com/nasasf.1453468172

You can log in with your Amazon account for payment and shipping too!
Does NSF get a pretty decent cut of this? If so, count me in! I need a calendar and also would like to support NSF in a way that is justifiable to the wife. :)

A good question.

Literally only a few bucks mark up (I think the baseline was 14.99) and NSF won't be taking any of this calendar revenue.

The store was more about getting the option available to the readership, myself included - as you can see from the personal splurge in my photos! ;) Because we waited YEARS to get this store going, we opted for a small mark up, and that store wide revenue will be mainly going to the folks that got the store up, the design of the logo and the store maintained - and the contributors of unique stuff, such as above. That's only right.

We'll keep building the store, given the idea was the NSF logo stuff - now done, then start adding unique items, with the calendar being the first. We'll continue to build it, especially on the unique stuff (an effort we'll look to work a bit more during the holidays) and NSF may - one day - get a welcome bonus out of a filled up and busy store. Until then, I'm just loving the idea of getting calendars and such myself!

Remember, this is a site I started from scratch and now look at it. I'm the luckiest so and so on the planet per starting a site like this and for it to become popular. All I'm bothered about on the money side is making sure the hosting is paid. Being able to get a NSF mug for my coffee is a bonus! ;D

So this store is about creating the option and if we can give something back to those that made the store happen and grow, well that's a good thing in my book. Profits for NSF won't be a consideration until we have a big, busy store, as we've had to sell about $500 of store stock to beat the boost of a one year L2 subscription (I think, roughly)

[scratched record]So if anyone wants to directly support the site's running costs, L2 subscriptions are the way.[/scratched record]
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline grythumn

• Liked: 167
  • Likes Given: 246
« Reply #61 on: 12/17/2014 08:52 pm »
Hello everybody!

Fist of all, let me say that the calendar looks AMAZING! Thanks to all the talented people that contributed to it... The collaborative nature of this forum (and L2) never stops to amaze me!

I'm with Bob regarding the idea of doing this every year. Indeed June 2015 seems like a good month to start thinking about a new calendar.

But we definitely should not restrict ourselves to a yearly calendar ... Specially if we are expecting to have more than 13 great images each year.  For example, what do you guys think about creating posters for the NSF store? I'm pretty sure many people will love to get some of that... And those do not need to be updated every year!

okan170's images and sghill's request inspired me to pick up the project. We had talked about an NSF calendar before, but I hadn't actually sat down and assembled one. :) I will say it took a lot more time and effort to get it nice than I thought it would.

We've talked about adding posters and other items in the store; I've got a hidden section with a few test items based on some of my Antares launch photos. We need a decent collection of photos that are in the public domain or where we can get the rights before opening it up, IMO.

Or... Well Let's think big! We could work towards a coffee table book combining these images and some in-house articles drawing from the discussions that are being held here on the website! There is and incredible amount of useful information and knowledge on this site a that could be combined in a single product...

Let me hear your thoughts on this. I was not very active in this project, but I will be happy to collaborate in the next one!

A coffee-table book, reasonably priced, sounds interesting; the problem is we'll need fairly high resolution imagery that we can get the rights to. 13 pictures meant getting permission from 2 or 3 people; a 50-100 page book... many more. I'm not sure how many people would buy one... could be a lot of work for something only a handful of people'd ever see.

I'd prioritize posters... the work per item is much lower, and price should be more reasonable.

-Bob

Offline moralec

« Reply #62 on: 12/17/2014 10:05 pm »
Hello everybody!

Fist of all, let me say that the calendar looks AMAZING! Thanks to all the talented people that contributed to it... The collaborative nature of this forum (and L2) never stops to amaze me!

I'm with Bob regarding the idea of doing this every year. Indeed June 2015 seems like a good month to start thinking about a new calendar.

But we definitely should not restrict ourselves to a yearly calendar ... Specially if we are expecting to have more than 13 great images each year.  For example, what do you guys think about creating posters for the NSF store? I'm pretty sure many people will love to get some of that... And those do not need to be updated every year!

okan170's images and sghill's request inspired me to pick up the project. We had talked about an NSF calendar before, but I hadn't actually sat down and assembled one. :) I will say it took a lot more time and effort to get it nice than I thought it would.

We've talked about adding posters and other items in the store; I've got a hidden section with a few test items based on some of my Antares launch photos. We need a decent collection of photos that are in the public domain or where we can get the rights before opening it up, IMO.

Or... Well Let's think big! We could work towards a coffee table book combining these images and some in-house articles drawing from the discussions that are being held here on the website! There is and incredible amount of useful information and knowledge on this site a that could be combined in a single product...

Let me hear your thoughts on this. I was not very active in this project, but I will be happy to collaborate in the next one!

A coffee-table book, reasonably priced, sounds interesting; the problem is we'll need fairly high resolution imagery that we can get the rights to. 13 pictures meant getting permission from 2 or 3 people; a 50-100 page book... many more. I'm not sure how many people would buy one... could be a lot of work for something only a handful of people'd ever see.

I'd prioritize posters... the work per item is much lower, and price should be more reasonable.

-Bob

Thanks for the answer grythumn! I'm happy to hear posters are on the way. I agree that they should be the priority and are easier to do... I'll definitely buy some once they become available.

Your comments regarding the book are also very reasonable. Maybe we don't have enough material yet, but it would be something to keep in mind for the future. 

Offline sheltonjr

• Liked: 63
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #63 on: 12/23/2014 03:52 pm »
Received mine today, Merry Christmas!!!!
Very nicely done.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #64 on: 12/24/2014 03:52 pm »
Received mine today, Merry Christmas!!!!
Very nicely done.

Very nice! People are welcome to post photos of their items once they have them in hand.
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Ronpur50

• Brandon, FL
  • Liked: 1028
  • Likes Given: 1884
« Reply #65 on: 12/27/2014 06:22 pm »
I got my two calenders! They will look good next to my model Falcon Heavy!

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #66 on: 12/27/2014 06:56 pm »
Mine turned up too! Really well packed and the quality is wonderful! Really happy with how that's all turned out!

The scarf is for...errr...scale! ;D
« Last Edit: 12/27/2014 06:57 pm by Chris Bergin »

Offline topsphere

• Liked: 69
  • Likes Given: 159
« Reply #67 on: 12/28/2014 12:50 am »
They are brilliant! Looking forward to next year's already.

Mine takes pride of place on my wall below a selection of Crystal Palace paraphernalia. I would take a picture as above but Chris might get jealous about respective league positions - I'll leave you all to imagine it sitting there...
« Last Edit: 12/28/2014 12:51 am by topsphere »

Offline Hog

• Woodstock
  • Liked: 1700
  • Likes Given: 6867
« Reply #68 on: 01/05/2015 05:15 pm »
Good day.

I just wanted to mention that on this page
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/index.aspx?page=shipping.aspx#1

I am able to select the UK, US, International, Germany, Austrailia, but I am unable to select my own country Canada.

Is this an issue on my end, or are their others that could verify?

Thank you in advance.
Paul

Offline grythumn

• Liked: 167
  • Likes Given: 246
« Reply #69 on: 01/05/2015 07:43 pm »
Good day.

I am able to select the UK, US, International, Germany, Austrailia, but I am unable to select my own country Canada.

Thank you in advance.

I can click on it here, but it's rather generic:

Shipping to Canada

CafePress offers several different shipping methods to meet your delivery needs. We calculate our shipping cost for each shipping method based on the type and quantity of items you order. Your shipping and handling charges are summarized at checkout and most packages in your order can be tracked via our carriers' websites.

To find out how much shipping is, proceed to checkout with the item(s) in your cart. The shipping cost for the order will be displayed in the "Select Shipping Option" section of the checkout page.

Your items may arrive in different shipments. Depending on the type, quantity and weight of items in your order, we may pack and ship them in different packages to ensure they arrive on time and undamaged. You will never be charged more for shipping and handling than what appears at checkout. Sign into your account to track your orders*.

*Tracking may not be available for some international destinations.

CafePress does its best to ensure your delivery arrives on time. However, delivery dates are not guaranteed and there may be a number of unforeseen reasons why your items will arrive after the estimated arrival date. Large orders (100+ items), delivery to a P.O. Box or APO/FPO address, to Hawaii, Alaska, or other international destinations and issues with payment verification, shipping address, designs, or media may all delay delivery of your order.

Offline Hog

• Woodstock
  • Liked: 1700
  • Likes Given: 6867
« Reply #70 on: 01/05/2015 08:13 pm »
Good day.

Thank you in advance.

I can click on it here, but it's rather generic:

Shipping to Canada

CafePress offers several different shipping methods to meet your delivery needs. We calculate our shipping cost for each shipping method based on the type and quantity of items you order. Your shipping and handling charges are summarized at checkout and most packages in your order can be tracked via our carriers' websites.

To find out how much shipping is, proceed to checkout with the item(s) in your cart. The shipping cost for the order will be displayed in the "Select Shipping Option" section of the checkout page.

Your items may arrive in different shipments. Depending on the type, quantity and weight of items in your order, we may pack and ship them in different packages to ensure they arrive on time and undamaged. You will never be charged more for shipping and handling than what appears at checkout. Sign into your account to track your orders*.

*Tracking may not be available for some international destinations.

CafePress does its best to ensure your delivery arrives on time. However, delivery dates are not guaranteed and there may be a number of unforeseen reasons why your items will arrive after the estimated arrival date. Large orders (100+ items), delivery to a P.O. Box or APO/FPO address, to Hawaii, Alaska, or other international destinations and issues with payment verification, shipping address, designs, or media may all delay delivery of your order.
Thankyou Sir, its on my end.

Much appreciated!
Paul

Offline sghill

• United States
  • Liked: 2092
  • Likes Given: 3200
« Reply #71 on: 02/03/2015 05:09 pm »
"Ms. February" looks sooooo good.  She's my favorite! :)
Bring the thunder!

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #72 on: 02/03/2015 07:49 pm »

She's got a great pair of........ ;D

Offline the_other_Doug

• Minneapolis, MN
  • Liked: 2191
  • Likes Given: 4620
« Reply #73 on: 02/03/2015 09:53 pm »

She's got a great pair of........ ;D

Yep!  In the obverse direction, one could always ask "Say, baby, is that a five-segment SRB in your pocket, or are ya just happy to see me?"

:D
-Doug  (With my shield, not yet upon it)

Offline Shanuson

• Liked: 327
  • Likes Given: 2536
« Reply #74 on: 06/17/2018 01:53 pm »
Heavy pull out of the past....

So. Is this shop still working? Clicken on standart man shirt brings me back to the main page.
Wanted to stack up on my nerd shirts collection.

Best regards
Shanuson

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #75 on: 06/17/2018 09:02 pm »
Yes, that's a dead store. We want a new one:

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=45221.0

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography