Author Topic: NSF Merchandise Store now online  (Read 63306 times)

Offline A12

• ROME, ITALY
  • Liked: 69
  • Likes Given: 487
Re: NSF Merchandise Store now online
« Reply #40 on: 10/15/2014 07:03 pm »
Seen now, I rush to order !

Edit: DONE  ;D
« Last Edit: 10/15/2014 07:08 pm by A12 »

Offline Hog

• Woodstock
  • Liked: 1700
  • Likes Given: 6866
« Reply #41 on: 10/16/2014 04:50 pm »
Merch. suggestion.

Perhaps a NSF.com patch? Similar is size to all the mission patches?

Only one size patch from the vendor (4x2), but it fits the logo well. Added to Mugs and Miscellany. I believe it is printed, rather than embroidered. Iron on adhesive, can also be sewn.

http://www.cafepress.com/nasasf.1411002055

-Bob
Sorry, I missed that item.

Thanks!  I've got my early Christmas plans in work.
Paul

Offline cosmicvoid

• Seattle 'ish
  • Liked: 45
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #42 on: 10/16/2014 11:11 pm »
Clothing seems slightly larger. I got XL and I wonder if that's some American XL, as its was a bit big on me, but only slightly. And I'd rather have it a bit big than a bit tight!

I'd expect the shirts to shrink a bit after laundering, assuming they're mostly cotton.
Infiinity or bust.

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #43 on: 12/14/2014 03:48 pm »
Thanks to a lot of work from numerous folk, we now have a great calendar on offer:

http://www.cafepress.com/nasasf.1453468172

Using renderings created in L2 by Nathan Koga.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Mark McCombs

• SW Washington
  • Liked: 157
  • Likes Given: 2233
« Reply #44 on: 12/14/2014 08:25 pm »
The calendar is up for sale!

Ordered!

Thanks to all and NSF for putting this together.   8)
"Are you sure you want to go to Red Alert, Sir? It does mean changing the bulb." - Kryten
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory". LLAP - Leonard Nimoy

Offline UberNobody

• Liked: 70
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #45 on: 12/14/2014 09:52 pm »
Definitely getting this.  No puppies or kittens this year!

Offline CharlieT

• Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #46 on: 12/15/2014 12:25 pm »
Thanks to a lot of work from numerous folk, we now have a great calendar on offer:

That's great!!

Offline CraigLieb

• Dallas Fort Worth
  • Liked: 1349
  • Likes Given: 2394
« Reply #47 on: 12/15/2014 02:24 pm »
Just ordered mine also.
Would be good if we can slip the mention of this into some posts, how excited we are to have the calendar, the collaborative nature of it's creation, how it supports the site, etc.

Is there a credits page mentioning who created the images and who collaborated on the calendar creation even if it is just screen names?
 I want to thank you all for working on this, my best favorite holiday present to myself.
On the ground floor of the National Space Foundation... Colonize Mars!

Offline sghill

• United States
  • Liked: 2092
  • Likes Given: 3200
« Reply #48 on: 12/15/2014 03:13 pm »
The calendar is up for sale!

Many thanks to everyone who contributed, especially okan170, Doesitfloat, and dglow.

(Chris made an announcement in the site store thread, but I figured some people might be watching here.)
-Bob

*Loud Applause!!!!*

Yay!!! I ordered two! My dad is getting one as his Christmas present from me.

Thanks everyone who made my little side request a few weeks ago a reality.  That was awesome!

Now about that 3D printed MCT model for my desk.....
Bring the thunder!

Offline The_Ronin

• Master of Servers, Big and Small
  • *nix engineer & space geek
  • Nashville, TN
  • Liked: 180
  • Likes Given: 209
« Reply #49 on: 12/15/2014 03:25 pm »
Ordered!  My biggest problem will be keeping my oldest daughter from stealing it from me.

Offline grythumn

• Liked: 167
  • Likes Given: 246
« Reply #50 on: 12/15/2014 03:34 pm »
Just ordered mine also.
Would be good if we can slip the mention of this into some posts, how excited we are to have the calendar, the collaborative nature of it's creation, how it supports the site, etc.

Is there a credits page mentioning who created the images and who collaborated on the calendar creation even if it is just screen names?
 I want to thank you all for working on this, my best favorite holiday present to myself.

I was wondering about that myself; I don't think nearly as many people read the site news as read the vendor specific areas. I think a number of the images are previously L2 only. I don't want to encourage off-topic posts, though; I suppose it's up to Chris.

Each image has a credit to the source printed on that page. The people who chose the images and did the layout (myself, dglow) didn't get credited; I didn't want to clutter the images too much, and the current vendor doesn't allow any text on the non-image pages.

I'm currently thinking we start designing the 2016 calendar in June or so, do preorders, and order from a proper printer where we can do a full-up custom design. There seemed to be some demand for a 'best of' for next year; it's going to be tough to choose 13 images.

-Bob

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #51 on: 12/15/2014 04:06 pm »

That's great!!

Isn't it! Seems to be rather popular so far!
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline topsphere

• Likes Given: 159
« Reply #52 on: 12/15/2014 07:11 pm »
Just been told my calendar has been dispatched. Really looking forward to receiving it!!

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #53 on: 12/15/2014 11:19 pm »
Just been told my calendar has been dispatched. Really looking forward to receiving it!!

Should be pretty fast too, as they ship from Europe to UK, as opposed to from the States, for the US.

Offline Robotbeat

• Minnesota
  • Liked: 25240
  • Likes Given: 12115
« Reply #54 on: 12/15/2014 11:32 pm »
Speaking of renderings!

The NSF calendar with some of these sumptuous renderings is now up for sale!

You can log in with your Amazon account for payment and shipping too!
Does NSF get a pretty decent cut of this? If so, count me in! I need a calendar and also would like to support NSF in a way that is justifiable to the wife. :)
Chris  Whoever loves correction loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

To the maximum extent practicable, the Federal Government shall plan missions to accommodate the space transportation services capabilities of United States commercial providers. US law http://goo.gl/YZYNt0

Offline Ronpur50

• Brandon, FL
  • Liked: 1028
  • Likes Given: 1884
« Reply #55 on: 12/15/2014 11:52 pm »
I ordered two, and because the person I am giving the second one to, won't be back until Jan 5th, it doesn't matter if I get it after Christmas! LOL

Offline topsphere

• Likes Given: 159
« Reply #56 on: 12/16/2014 12:31 am »

Should be pretty fast too, as they ship from Europe to UK, as opposed to from the States, for the US.

Nice!! It looks a great addition to the store  ;D

Offline moralec

« Reply #57 on: 12/16/2014 01:44 am »
Hello everybody!

Fist of all, let me say that the calendar looks AMAZING! Thanks to all the talented people that contributed to it... The collaborative nature of this forum (and L2) never stops to amaze me!

I'm with Bob regarding the idea of doing this every year. Indeed June 2015 seems like a good month to start thinking about a new calendar.

But we definitely should not restrict ourselves to a yearly calendar ... Specially if we are expecting to have more than 13 great images each year.  For example, what do you guys think about creating posters for the NSF store? I'm pretty sure many people will love to get some of that... And those do not need to be updated every year!

Or... Well Let's think big! We could work towards a coffee table book combining these images and some in-house articles drawing from the discussions that are being held here on the website! There is and incredible amount of useful information and knowledge on this site a that could be combined in a single product...

Let me hear your thoughts on this. I was not very active in this project, but I will be happy to collaborate in the next one!
« Last Edit: 12/16/2014 01:46 am by moralec »

Offline Yobe

• Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 231
« Reply #58 on: 12/16/2014 05:12 am »
Really strange, when I want to pay with pay-pal, I am able to confirm, but seems Cafe-press is not linking the cost. So when I confirm Pay-Pal, I end up with comming back to Cafe-press and nothing has happened. ..... :-[

Offline okan170

• Los Angeles
  • Liked: 6806
  • Likes Given: 1345
« Reply #59 on: 12/16/2014 05:35 am »
Or... Well Let's think big! We could work towards a coffee table book combining these images and some in-house articles drawing from the discussions that are being held here on the website! There is and incredible amount of useful information and knowledge on this site a that could be combined in a single product...

Let me hear your thoughts on this. I was not very active in this project, but I will be happy to collaborate in the next one!

I've definitely got a number of things I want to do in the upcoming year, the main consideration if we're looking to do a collaborative book effort would be resolution.  I typically do my renders around 3k or so horizontally, though I might look into doing high-dpi renders to some more resolution in there.  The lower the resolution, the blockier it'll look in print!

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography