Poll

Which of the following will make more orbital launch (attempts) between 2016 and 2020?

SpaceX
47 (79.7%)
ULA
7 (11.9%)
Arianespace
5 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: 09/11/2016 02:04 am

Author Topic: Measuring SpaceX's launch cadence (II) - Big Players Galore!  (Read 3329 times)

Offline Galactic Penguin SST

This is a variant of another poll here, as requested by Jim. I've thrown in Arianespace into the mix since they are the one who coined the "launch cadence" term and their number of launches are comparable to ULA's in the past few years.  ;)

I decided not to modify the first poll because neither of them have been able to catch up with the Chinese's usage since they pushed through a dozen launches. Also I have decided not to bring in the Russians again here, because their LSPs have pretty much divided the different payload markets (Khrunichev is the closest but they have ceded the Soyuz-class market and they are on shaky ground for the lightweight class as well). If I add them together, then two of the options can be dropped out.  ;)

Rules and terms apply in the same way as in the first poll.
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Offline guckyfan

• Germany
  • Liked: 2332
  • Likes Given: 2891
SpaceX is clearly on the way up. No way except a total breakdown of SpaceX through a string of failures SpaceX could not be the launch provider with the highest launch rate.

Offline dror

• Israel
  • Liked: 245
  • Likes Given: 593
With ramping up of GEO contrats plus 21 soyuz launchs contracted for Oneweb I feel the safest bet for this timeframe is in Europe
Space is hard immensely complex and high risk !

Offline edkyle99

• Expert
    • Space Launch Report
  • Liked: 8566
  • Likes Given: 1356
Do you count Kourou Soyuz launches as "Arianespace"?  The launches are performed by Russian crews.

- Ed Kyle

Offline dror

• Israel
  • Liked: 245
  • Likes Given: 593
Do you count Kourou Soyuz launches as "Arianespace"?  The launches are performed by Russian crews.

- Ed Kyle

As far as I know, Oneweb contracted with Arianspace.

http://spacenews.com/launch-options-were-key-to-arianespaces-oneweb-win/

Europe’s Arianespace launch consortium won the largest commercial launch contract ever signed — a $1-billion-plus deal to launch between 650 and 720 of OneWeb LLC’s low-orbiting satellites aboard Russian Soyuz rockets —  by offering launch bases both at Europe’s spaceport in South America and Russia’s Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan, OneWeb and Arianespace officials said June 25.
Space is hard immensely complex and high risk !

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography