Author Topic: SpaceX F9 : Spainsat-NG I : Florida : September 2024  (Read 4526 times)

Offline GewoonLukas_

• Lukas C. H.
  • Netherlands
  • Liked: 2874
  • Likes Given: 1448
Discussion Thread for launch of Spainsat-NG 1

NSF Threads for Spainsat-NG I : Discussion

Launch in September 2024

Built by Airbus, based on Eurostar-Neo platform.

HISDESAT SELECTS THE NORTH AMERICAN SPACEX FOR THE LAUNCH OF THE SPAINSAT NG SATELLITES

November 7, 2022

Hisdesat, the government satellite services company, has formalized an agreement with the North American company SpaceX to put into orbit the two SPAINSAT New Generation satellites (I and II). This is the new program developed by the Spanish company to improve secure communications and defense of the Spanish Government, allied countries and various international organizations.

The agreement, which includes the use of two Falcon 9 launchers for the launch of the two satellites, comes to continuity the agreement that the two companies sealed in 2018 for the launch of the PAZ satellite.

On this occasion, the launches will be made from either of the two complexes that SpaceX uses in Florida, Cape Canaveral or NASA's Kennedy Space Center.

The SpainSat NG I and II will replace the current SpainSat and XTAR-EUR and will incorporate the latest technological advances in communications to reinforce their capabilities, levels of security and resilience.

The first of the devices, the SpainSat NG I, will be launched into orbit in 2024, while the SpainSat NG II will be launched in 2025. They will have a useful life of about 15 years, which will be at full capacity until the threshold of 2040.

[...]

(Google Translate from Spanish)
« Last Edit: 10/02/2023 05:02 pm by zubenelgenubi »
Lukas C. H. • Hobbyist Mission Patch Artist 🎨 • Ad Astra Per Aspera ✨️

Offline GewoonLukas_

• Lukas C. H.
  • Netherlands
Re: SpaceX F9 : Spainsat-NG I : Florida : 2024
« Reply #1 on: 06/05/2023 08:56 am »
The Communications Module of the SpainSat NG-I satellite shipped from Madrid to Toulouse

JUN 6 2023

The Communications Module of the SpainSat NG-I telecommunications satellite  has left the plant of Thales Alenia Space (joint venture between Thales, 67%, and Leonardo, 33%) in Tres Cantos (Spain) inside a container on a special transport truck towards the plant of Airbus Defence and Space in Toulouse (France), to proceed with the assembly, integration and test (AIT) activities of the whole satellite.

[...]

Airbus Defence and Space in Spain is responsible for the already integrated X-band payload, while Thales Alenia Space in Spain is responsible for the UHF and Ka-band payloads of the two satellites. Other companies from the Spanish space industry are also involved.

The Communications Module of SpainSat NG-I arrived in Tres Cantos in December 2021, and since then it has undergone comprehensive assembly, integration and test activities of the three communication payloads in X, military Ka and UHF bands, involving hundreds of electronics and radiofrequency units.

SpainSat NG-I will now proceed with the AIT activities at satellite level in Toulouse, preparing for launch in 2024. In the meantime, the Communications Module of its “twin” satellite, SpainSat NG-II, will continue with the payloads’ assembly, integration and test activities in Thales Alenia Space’s clean rooms in Tres Cantos.

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4646
  • Likes Given: 768
Re: SpaceX F9 : Spainsat-NG I : Florida : 2024
« Reply #2 on: 08/01/2023 06:42 am »
2023 manufacturer final design update and news update on the SPAINSAT NG programme.
« Last Edit: 08/01/2023 06:44 am by russianhalo117 »

Online AndrewM

• Global Moderator
  • United States
  • Liked: 219
  • Likes Given: 726
Re: SpaceX F9 : Spainsat-NG I : Florida : Summer 2024
« Reply #3 on: 08/07/2023 06:45 pm »
Now targeting Summer 2024.

Hisdesat, the Spanish government satellite operator, has announced that the first satellite in the SPAINSAT NG programme, SpainSat NG-I, will be ready for launch in summer of 2024 after confirming that the programme is making good progress.

https://spaceref.com/space-commerce/hisdesat-will-launch-the-first-satellite-of-the-spainsat-ng-programme-next-summer/

Online AndrewM

• Global Moderator
  • United States
  • Liked: 219
  • Likes Given: 726
Re: SpaceX F9 : Spainsat-NG I : Florida : September 2024
« Reply #4 on: 10/02/2023 02:10 pm »
Now targeting September 2024.

The general director of the Spanish strategic services company Hisdesat, Miguel Ángel García Primo, has just confirmed in Santander that the launch into orbit of the first Spanish communications satellite with the capacity to survive the effects of a nuclear explosion will take off “next summer, at the end of September 2024.”

https://www.atalayar.com/articulo/nuevas-tecnologias-innovacion/primer-satelite-espanol-resistente-explosiones-nucleares-despegara-septiembre-2024/20230918111005191005.html

Offline GewoonLukas_

• Lukas C. H.
  • Netherlands
Re: SpaceX F9 : Spainsat-NG I : Florida : September 2024
« Reply #5 on: 11/30/2023 10:39 am »
SPAINSAT NG: Start of final acceptance testing of satellite and active antennas
30 November 2023

SpainSat NG 1 satellite is in its final testing phase with most critical components already integrated on the spacecraft and major systems having been validated in preparation for launch in 2024.

[...]

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography