Author Topic: LIVE: Progress M-22M Soyuz-U Launch - And docking - February 5, 2014  (Read 60595 times)

Offline Galactic Penguin SST

Apparently due to another ISS logistics spacecraft launch everyone has forgotten about this poor little spacecraft.  ::)

The Progress has been de-orbited yesterday, with the "fragment splashdown time" at 15:46 UTC: http://ria.ru/space/20140418/1004529377.html
Astronomy & spaceflight geek penguin. In a relationship w/ Space Shuttle Discovery. Current Priority: Chasing the Chinese Spaceflight Wonder Egg & A Certain Chinese Mars Rover

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 557
  • Likes Given: 1078
Mr Penguin, you need to realise that the Americans like to pretend that they are doing something that is new when they launch a cargo freighter to a space station.   

Of course the Russians have been doing this routinely since 1978: also the Russians routinely launch on time while US missions to ISS are just as routinely subject to delays, launch scrubs, etc.
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane - WJ.

Offline SaxtonHale

• Liked: 127
  • Likes Given: 143
Speaking of delays, when are those new Russian rockets and spacecraft getting going?

Editing my post instead of creating another off-topic reply: yes I'm aware of the new rockets progressing, I just thought comparing an ancient launch system to several new ones and blaming ISS issues on launch vehicles was unfair. I was pointing out that the Russians were having trouble with new systems like everyone else.
« Last Edit: 04/19/2014 06:04 pm by SaxtonHale »

Offline SSL01

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
I was under the impression the Soyuz 1 already launched once, Angara is planned for July and there's a big spaceport being built in Asia, they posted pictures and all.

Offline Danderman

• Extreme Veteran
  • Liked: 699
  • Likes Given: 723
With the burial of Progress M-22M, this topic is officially dead.

8)

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4671
  • Likes Given: 768
Mr Penguin, you need to realise that the Americans like to pretend that they are doing something that is new when they launch a cargo freighter to a space station.   

Of course the Russians have been doing this routinely since 1978: also the Russians routinely launch on time while US missions to ISS are just as routinely subject to delays, launch scrubs, etc.
some of the USA delays at CCAFS are due to being launched in the sub-tropics where weather or conditions can change quickly. also Baikonur is in relatively drier climate than CCAFS.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography