Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Next
So the word has been that all the outer engines startup using GSE-supplied fluids. However, obviously there has to be a transition to vehicle-supplied propellants pretty darn quick as the vehicle lifts off.

It's possible that I'm lost, but "GSE-supplied fluids" to me means nitrogen, helium (whatever) for spin-up and other start neads but they always run on vehicle-supplied propellants.

I am not an authority. But I believe startup gases and electric from engine QD makes the most sense. Liquid from tank.
So the word has been that all the outer engines startup using GSE-supplied fluids. However, obviously there has to be a transition to vehicle-supplied propellants pretty darn quick as the vehicle lifts off.

It's possible that I'm lost, but "GSE-supplied fluids" to me means nitrogen, helium (whatever) for spin-up and other start neads but they always run on vehicle-supplied propellants.
So the word has been that all the outer engines startup using GSE-supplied fluids. However, obviously there has to be a transition to vehicle-supplied propellants pretty darn quick as the vehicle lifts off.  Today's longer 21 second test is interesting because Elon specifically tweeted that it was a test of autogenous pressurization - which means that after startup, it had to transition cleanly to internal tanks, which then maintained internal tank pressure throughout.
I see what you mean. I picked you up wrongly.

However it certainly doesn't help if they do pick a darker scene, they then print it even darker. You can see there is quite a big difference between the original and what they printed.

Maybe it is a new house style.

Keith
Cross-post; operations date NET September 22:
1363-EX-ST-2022
Mission 1641 from Vandy, NET Late September
No droneship listed

Timing matches SDA flight, which I'm amazed hasn't slipped since it was awarded

It hasn't slipped because this is crucial to national security.  We can't bomb China into oblivion for killing over 6 million people with an engineered virus or for invading Taiwan unless we can track and intercept their hypersonic missiles.
General Discussion / Re: Best Looking Rocket
« Last post by edkyle99 on Today at 08:38 pm »
There is a whole thread on Thor and Delta variants
And here it - or at least one of them -  is.
https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=40733.0

- Ed Kyle
The biggest benefit from SLS is its given us the Artemis Program. That has provided funding for commercial human landers and has help drive CLPS.

HLS should result in robust in orbit refueling of cryogenic fuels. This is technology that allow commercial spaceflight to moon and beyond without need for SLS and Orion.
SpaceX is developing the In orbit cryo refueling regardless of whether ther is an HLS or not. So using this in this above statement is an overreach.
IIUC Space Engineers uses a voxel based model.  Summing over all the voxels in your model should be roughly the same as integrating to calculate the total moment of inertia of your model.  This could be considered a variety of finite element analysis.

You may also be able to "experiment" in the virtual world.  Put your model in free fall (orbit) and apply a known angular impulse and then watch and measure how fast it spins.   This is the analog of measuring the mass of your model by applying a known impulse and seeing how fast it goes.   The easiest way to apply a known angular impulse is to add a small pair of thrusters with known thrust and duration.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Next
Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement SkyTale Software GmbH
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography