Author Topic: Hazegrayart: CGI recreation of the N1 launch  (Read 3278 times)

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8782
  • Likes Given: 7815
Hazegrayart: CGI recreation of the N1 launch
« on: 06/15/2018 09:03 pm »
N1 Rocket: Soviet's First Launch attempt to the Moon

Hazegrayart
Published on Jun 14, 2018

The N1  was a super-heavy-lift launch vehicle intended to deliver payloads beyond low Earth orbit, acting as the Soviet counterpart to the US Saturn V. It was designed with crewed extra-orbital travel in mind.

CATDLR: Updated with portrait version (June 26, 2023)

« Last Edit: 06/28/2023 12:39 am by catdlr »
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Offline Coastal Ron

• I live... along the coast
  • Liked: 10198
  • Likes Given: 11927
Re: CGI recreation of the N1 launch
« Reply #1 on: 06/15/2018 09:38 pm »
Wow, great effects, and kudos for the sound track - that was a nice touch.
If we don't continuously lower the cost to access space, how are we ever going to afford to expand humanity out into space?

Offline Cheapchips

• UK
  • Liked: 861
  • Likes Given: 1931
« Reply #2 on: 06/15/2018 10:08 pm »

I just clicked on this as I'd subscribed thinking "ooh, N1".  Missed that it was first flight recreation and so was terribly disappointed when it exploded.  ::)

Offline tyrred

• Seattle
  • Liked: 750
  • Likes Given: 20639
« Reply #3 on: 06/15/2018 11:42 pm »
Holy hand grenade of Antioch... Spectacular animation. Almost had a tear in my eye.

Offline MATTBLAK

• Elite Veteran & 'J.A.F.A'
  • 'Space Cadets' Let us; UNITE!! (crickets chirping)
  • New Zealand
  • Liked: 2239
  • Likes Given: 3883
« Reply #4 on: 06/16/2018 12:09 am »
Check out his name link for other animations. His SpaceX BFR one is amazing.

"Those who can't, Blog".   'Space Cadets' of the World - Let us UNITE!! (crickets chirping)

Offline MATTBLAK

• New Zealand
« Reply #5 on: 06/16/2018 12:14 am »
"Those who can't, Blog".   'Space Cadets' of the World - Let us UNITE!! (crickets chirping)

Offline Archibald

• Liked: 500
  • Likes Given: 1096
« Reply #6 on: 06/16/2018 06:06 am »
Very good job, really. The explosion quite surprised me, I assumed the author gonna showed us stage separation and the like.
Han shot first and Gwynne Shotwell !

Offline MATTBLAK

• New Zealand
« Reply #7 on: 06/18/2018 06:58 am »

Offline Jarnis

• Liked: 830
  • Likes Given: 201
« Reply #8 on: 06/18/2018 11:40 am »
Minus points for not portraying hot staging. I'm pretty sure the gaps between stages in N1 are there for the same reason they are there in Soyuz...

Offline FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 81620
  • Likes Given: 36928
« Reply #9 on: 04/26/2021 02:23 pm »

Published on 26 Apr 2021
The N1 super heavy-lift launch vehicle intended to deliver payloads beyond low Earth orbit. The N1 was the Soviet counterpart to the US Saturn V and was intended to enable crewed travel to Earth's Moon and beyond. Its first stage remains the most powerful rocket stage ever built, but all of the four flown N1 Block A first stages failed. The N1 was designed to compete with the United States Apollo program to land a person on the Moon, using a similar lunar orbit rendezvous method.

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8782
  • Likes Given: 7815
Re: Hazegrayart: CGI recreation of the N1 launch
« Reply #10 on: 06/28/2023 12:37 am »
....bump to insert a portrait of the third N1 launch.  The landscape is posted at the beginning of this thread

June 26, 2023
The N1 rocket was a Soviet-designed heavy-lift launch vehicle developed during the Cold War era. It was intended to compete with the United States' Saturn V rocket. The N1 was specifically designed to carry payloads to Earth's orbit and beyond, including crewed missions to the Moon.

The development of the N1 rocket began in the 1960s under the direction of Sergei Korolev, the chief designer of the Soviet space program. The N1 featured a complex design with multiple stages, using a combination of liquid oxygen and kerosene as propellants. The first stage of the N1 rocket was powered by 30 engines, making it the most powerful first stage ever built at that time.

Unfortunately, the N1 program has faced numerous technical challenges and setbacks. It experienced four failed launch attempts between 1969 and 1972, resulting in the destruction of the rockets and the loss of valuable payloads. The N1's development was plagued by issues such as engine failures, control system malfunctions, and structural problems.

The failures, coupled with the success of the Apollo program and the first manned moon landing by the United States in 1969, led to the cancellation of the N1 program in 1974. The Soviet Union shifted its focus to other space projects, such as the development of space stations and robotic missions.

Despite its unsuccessful history, the N1 rocket represented a significant engineering effort and ambition on the part of the Soviet Union to explore space and reach the Moon. Today, remnants of the N1 program, including test stands and launch pads, can still be found at the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan, where the rockets were launched.
« Last Edit: 06/28/2023 12:37 am by catdlr »
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Tags: hazegrayart 

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography