Commercial and US Government Launch Vehicles > ULA - Delta, Atlas, Vulcan

ULA Innovation: Integrated Vehicle Fluids (IVF)

<< < (18/50) > >>

john smith 19:

--- Quote from: Newton_V on 04/08/2015 08:54 pm ---They had a proposed mission for first flight.  That customer essentially said: "not on my mission".
I suspect this will be the response for most DoD/NASA missions....

--- End quote ---
This is why I wondered if it's possible to test smaller sections of IVF on other missions. Thrusters, battery pack, starting and stopping of the IC engine.

Otherwise it looks like IVF is an all or nothing  proposition. In which case you need a mission that's got enough spare launch capacity to carry it as a secondary payload.

I suspect the number of missions that could carry a whole package in addition  to the standard GHe, batteries and Hydrazine and the full IVF test package is quite limited.  :(

kevin-rf:
Just throw another Solid on the Barbi and you have the margin you need ;)

dror:
What makes the choice of piston internal combustion engine?
Why not fuel cells or wankle or others?

Jim:

--- Quote from: john smith 19 on 04/09/2015 12:05 pm ---This is why I wondered if it's possible to test smaller sections of IVF on other missions. Thrusters, battery pack, starting and stopping of the IC engine.

--- End quote ---

The thrusters (ACS and ullage) can be tested on other missions after payload separation

Jim:

--- Quote from: dror on 04/09/2015 01:26 pm ---What makes the choice of piston internal combustion engine?
Why not fuel cells or wankle or others?

--- End quote ---

read the documents

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version