Author Topic: ISS advanced solar array upgrades (iROSA)  (Read 48197 times)

Offline litton4

• Liked: 396
  • Likes Given: 149
Re: ISS advanced solar array upgrades (iROSA)
« Reply #60 on: 07/01/2021 10:02 am »
Prevent me from going mad. The NASA update I had this morning stated that Dragon had carried all 6 iROSAs !

.....Dragon launched June 3 on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Launch Complex 39A at Kennedy, arriving at the station a little less than 16 hours later. The spacecraft delivered more than 7,300 pounds of research investigations, crew supplies, and vehicle hardware to the orbiting outpost. Dragon’s external cargo “trunk” carried six new ISS Roll-Out Solar Arrays (iROSAs),.......

This is wrong - there are just 2 going up this time........?
Dave Condliffe

Offline AmigaClone

« Reply #61 on: 07/01/2021 12:16 pm »
Prevent me from going mad. The NASA update I had this morning stated that Dragon had carried all 6 iROSAs !

.....Dragon launched June 3 on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Launch Complex 39A at Kennedy, arriving at the station a little less than 16 hours later. The spacecraft delivered more than 7,300 pounds of research investigations, crew supplies, and vehicle hardware to the orbiting outpost. Dragon’s external cargo “trunk” carried six new ISS Roll-Out Solar Arrays (iROSAs),.......

This is wrong - there are just 2 going up this time........?

I suspect that either the person writing the press release misspelled two or that there were some words missing (perhaps: the first two of the ).

Offline vp.

• France
  • Liked: 58
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #62 on: 07/03/2021 05:19 am »
On which cargo ship the next iRosa panel supports are to be shipped ?

Offline SMS

• Regular
    • Astronauts & their spaceflights
  • Liked: 2164
  • Likes Given: 249
« Reply #63 on: 07/03/2021 10:16 pm »
---
SMS ;-).

Offline vp.

• France
  • Liked: 58
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #64 on: 07/04/2021 06:48 am »
My question is about the supports (mounts), not the solar panels.
The first 2 supports came with Cygnus 15. What about the next ones ? With Cygnus 16 for august EVA ?

Online gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 13885
  • Likes Given: 5933
« Reply #65 on: 08/27/2021 05:10 pm »
Next solar array delivery is on SpX-26 (from Joel Montalbano at SpX-23 press conference)

Offline Rondaz

• Liked: 5301
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #66 on: 07/03/2022 04:51 pm »
Testing and folding of the new #ISS solar panels .

https://twitter.com/SpaceNosey/status/1543577034349240324

Offline Josh_from_Canada

• Saskatchewan Canada
  • Liked: 584
  • Likes Given: 182
« Reply #67 on: 05/26/2023 07:21 pm »
The iROSAs for the 1A and 1B power channels are scheduled to be launched in the trunk of SpX-28 on June 3rd with 1A being installed on June 9th and 1B being installed on June 15th

This is the first time I'm hearing there will be iROSAs for the 2A and 3B power channels

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-to-provide-briefing-coverage-of-spacewalks-for-station-upgrades
Launches Seen: Atlas V OA-7, Falcon 9 Starlink 6-4, Falcon 9 CRS-28,

« Reply #68 on: 05/30/2023 01:46 am »
The iROSAs for the 1A and 1B power channels are scheduled to be launched in the trunk of SpX-28 on June 3rd with 1A being installed on June 9th and 1B being installed on June 15th

This is the first time I'm hearing there will be iROSAs for the 2A and 3B power channels

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-to-provide-briefing-coverage-of-spacewalks-for-station-upgrades
Just came back for giving an idea https://twitter.com/RaffaeleDiPalma/status/1663257505974059024
Why not make last two arrays transformational

Offline Josh_from_Canada

• Saskatchewan Canada
  • Liked: 584
  • Likes Given: 182
« Reply #69 on: 05/30/2023 02:20 am »

As that would require a new design to be certified for flight, NASA had signed a contract with Boeing for 6 iROSAs that included an option for an additional two. Certifying a new design is more expensive and take more time so NASA went with the option to order two additional iROSAs as it meets their power requirements for the ISS
Launches Seen: Atlas V OA-7, Falcon 9 Starlink 6-4, Falcon 9 CRS-28,

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4672
  • Likes Given: 768
« Reply #70 on: 05/30/2023 03:35 am »

As that would require a new design to be certified for flight, NASA had signed a contract with Boeing for 6 iROSAs that included an option for an additional two. Certifying a new design is more expensive and take more time so NASA went with the option to order two additional iROSAs as it meets their power requirements for the ISS
Plus ground spares.

« Reply #71 on: 05/30/2023 02:45 pm »

Plus ground spares.
i didn't understood your point. Irosa will be used as the baseline just swapping solar cells (different) and adding reflectors i am fairly familiar that iss needs proves tech most of the time. But this is an old proven nasa tech. This was tested on dart spacecraft's rosas. The screenshot in previous post shows darts tsas.
« Last Edit: 05/30/2023 02:54 pm by Chinakpradhan »

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography